Author Topic: what has happened to the mexican?  (Read 32224 times)

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
Re: what has happened to the mexican?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
the spit roast lamb in the mistral is also superb ! along with manthos's steak  :)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »
never got round to lamb at Yiannis' yet... however i did have his fish of the day a couple of times last year and it was brilliant. He was most aplogetic one night when there was no fish and kept me some for the following night... but that's SS for you isn't it?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »
never got round to lamb at Yiannis' yet... however i did have his fish of the day a couple of times last year and it was brilliant. He was most aplogetic one night when there was no fish and kept me some for the following night... but that's SS for you isn't it?
The Lamb at Yiannis and also Olive Press are superb!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 11:08:47 PM »
Any views on the spit roast lamb at Paradise?  Would highly rate Perros barbecue but want to try Teresa's and Ozzy Oils versions. So many great places and not enough time to sample them all. Trouble is you choose somewhere and then you spend the next half an hour dissecting the menu! And you're still spoiled for choice! ............ What we did last year was spend anevening in the Olympia making a Meze off the starters menu... Cracking evening and genuine assault on the old taste buds! Well worth trying for a change.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:49:10 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 04:06:54 AM »
Any views on the spit roast lamb at Paradise?  Would highly rate Perros barbecue but want to try Teresa's and Ozzy Oils versions. So many great places and not enough time to sample them all. Trouble is you choose somewhere and then you spend the next half an hour dissecting the menu! And you're still spoiled for choice! ............ What we did last year was spend an evening in the Olympia making a Meze off the starters menu... Cracking evening and genuine assault on the old taste buds! Well worth trying for a change.

Lovely guys at the Paradise - they make the place, but the Lamb was not quite as good there!!
Their shish kebabs are great though!!
We've never stayed or eaten in the Perros - didn't realise they had a restaurant!!
Love the Olympia - Stellias is a friend of our Son, and used to give him a lift to club in Sidari.
We always eat there once or twice, but you have to do the rounds - don't you!!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 09:44:13 PM »
dont know about the spit roast lamb at Paradise but their Prawn Cocktail is brilliant ... huge fresh prawns ! also amazing value. As for Olympia.... love the food there but once or twice have had a slightly negative experience which i hope was just an error but unfortunately others have reported same problem. Stelios is always very welcoming and helpful. Also have never eaten at Perros but know people who stay there and say food is excellent.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 12:15:55 AM »
Never tried Paradise but we do love Olympia. Stelios is lovely and very welcoming.
Never tried the barbie at Ozzie Oils but can highly recommend Teresa BBQ night. It is always a night never to be forgotten. The family at Teresa are terrific hosts as well as dancers.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
dont know about the spit roast lamb at Paradise but their Prawn Cocktail is brilliant ... huge fresh prawns ! also amazing value. As for Olympia.... love the food there but once or twice have had a slightly negative experience which i hope was just an error but unfortunately others have reported same problem. Stelios is always very welcoming and helpful. Also have never eaten at Perros but know people who stay there and say food is excellent.
I must admit that last year something was amiss with Stellios, maybe personal problems, or family problems, he just was not his usual self.
We had a poor experience there as well, first time ever.
Also, for the first time in all the years we have eaten at the Olympia, he didn't give us the usual complimentry drink after our meal.
However, benefit of the doubt, we will try again this year!! He did seem troubled when we last saw him!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »
I must admit that last year something was amiss with Stellios, maybe personal problems, or family problems, he just was not his usual self.
We had a poor experience there as well, first time ever.
Also, for the first time in all the years we have eaten at the Olympia, he didn't give us the usual complimentry drink after our meal.
However, benefit of the doubt, we will try again this year!! He did seem troubled when we last saw him!!

Seemed normal to us. We didn't go though til end of August
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »
We ate at the Olympia a couple of times last year, once with Jules & Roy. Stelios made us very welcome, will certainly go again this year.
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 03:39:14 AM »
We went in may last year - maybe that was it - he wasn't too busy!!

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
Back to the mexican then !!!!!

Am friends with Pavlos (Zorbas) and he has told me he has the old mexican site, not sure if thats rented or what.

He is planning a Pizzeria there but not sure when it will be up and running. I imagine it would be of a higher class than Town pizza !!!!!

Also Jenny & Leo from Romanza are opening a new restaurant (have now left Romanza) which is going to be left a T junction not far up opposite Yiannis Grill.

Hope this helps

Sarah H
x

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 02:36:19 AM »
Back to the mexican then !!!!!

Am friends with Pavlos (Zorbas) and he has told me he has the old mexican site, not sure if thats rented or what.

He is planning a Pizzeria there but not sure when it will be up and running. I imagine it would be of a higher class than Town pizza !!!!!

Also Jenny & Leo from Romanza are opening a new restaurant (have now left Romanza) which is going to be left a T junction not far up opposite Yiannis Grill.

Hope this helps

Sarah H
x
I suppose we had better start calling it "THE ITALIAN" then!!LOL
We'll have to check out all the new places, so any going early - please do reports!!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni