Author Topic: what has happened to the mexican?  (Read 32227 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
what has happened to the mexican?
« on: February 28, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
Has anyone got any news about amigo's site?

I know that there was talk about an italian but just wondered if anyone knew any more?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: what has happened to the mexican?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »
I think I read somewhere its going to be a pizza place - not 100% sure though. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:04:58 PM »
Just to let you know............................ Jerry Welbach is given two ultimatums. His mob boss wants him to travel to Mexico to get a priceless antique pistol called "The Mexican" or he will suffer the consequences. The other ultimatum comes from his girlfriend Samantha, who wants him to end his association with the mob. Jerry figures that being alive, although in trouble with his girlfriend is the better alternative so he heads south of the border. Finding the pistol is easy but getting it home is a whole other matter. The pistol supposedly carries a curse - a curse Jerry is given every reason to believe, especially when Samantha is held hostage by the gay hit man Leroy to ensure the safe return of the pistol.
........................ Hope that helps?  :-* 8) :-*

don

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
Alternatively if suffering debilitating withdrawal symptoms  this may be of use http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipes/searchresults.aspx?tag=mexican

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 02:55:49 AM »
And you still didn't answer the question Don!!!!!!

I heard like Jules that is going to be a Pizza place iI believe it has been bought by Zorbas ( next door)
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 03:06:22 AM »
And you still didn't answer the question Don!!!!!!

I heard like Jules that is going to be a Pizza place iI believe it has been bought by Zorbas ( next door)

Will still prefer Town Pizza ..... Never ate there though!!   .... Not too fond of Pizza! ::)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 05:17:47 AM »
Yes - I also heard it was going Italian'ano, but on a rental basis.
The Town Pizza, as far as Pizza's go is actually superb, the owner trained in New York originally,
Did you ever see him driving around some years back in an open top old american car, in my top ten of best ever pizza's.
I don't remember the make of his car, but it sure was as loud looking as Don's tie's usually are, (if the shirt is anything to go by).
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 10:54:48 AM »
don you do have to pay for the pizza

try both you might enjoy lol

chris

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
We only went to Town Pizza once and have never been since as we do like the Greek food more. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 12:20:26 AM »
well thanks for those answers don. Are you sure that our medication is at the right level dear?  ;D
As for town pizza... its the only mediocre/bad meal we have had in ss. Used it many years ago when had teenagers with us and were really disappointed. Probably should not judge somewhere on one visit but as there are so many brilliant places to eat we just never went back.

don

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 12:34:59 AM »
well thanks for those answers don. Are you sure that our medication is at the right level dear?  ;D
As for town pizza... its the only mediocre/bad meal we have had in ss. Used it many years ago when had teenagers with us and were really disappointed. Probably should not judge somewhere on one visit but as there are so many brilliant places to eat we just never went back.

Know what you mean. We too have had a dire meal in San Stef. We won't use that place but most people rave about it. In fairness we won't mention it's name but what happened? We called in one lunch time as every night it was packed. Sandra ordered jacket potato and baked beans. Have you ever tried baked beans a la micro-wave? When done on the potato? Try it, potato superb. Baked beans were tine benders! Most likely a one off, but never again!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 02:09:25 AM »

Know what you mean. We too have had a dire meal in San Stef. We won't use that place but most people rave about it. In fairness we won't mention it's name but what happened? We called in one lunch time as every night it was packed. Sandra ordered jacket potato and baked beans. Have you ever tried baked beans a la micro-wave? When done on the potato? Try it, potato superb. Baked beans were tine benders! Most likely a one off, but never again!
We had a dire meal one day too, also Jacket Potato, one lunch time - but surprised the Pizza was not good as ours was great, however - it was a lunch time as well, freshly cooked - nice!! I suppose all places can have the off day - but we only have pizza as a last resort - love the greek food!!

don

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 02:37:13 AM »

We had a dire meal one day too, also Jacket Potato, one lunch time - but surprised the Pizza was not good as ours was great, however - it was a lunch time as well, freshly cooked - nice!! I suppose all places can have the off day - but we only have pizza as a last resort - love the greek food!!

I have one rule when ordering.... If it aint Lamb it won't do! Have to go to Yiannis for spit roast lamb at least once each holiday. It is a must try for all carnivores!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:55 AM »

I have one rule when ordering.... If it aint Lamb it won't do! Have to go to Yiannis for spit roast lamb at least once each holiday. It is a must try for all carnivores!
AGREED!!! - Usually Saturday!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 10:09:10 AM »

AGREED!!! - Usually Saturday!!
We also love Yiannis spit roast lamb. Last year he didn't have any mint sauce when were there so I am going to try to remeber to take my Tesco squirty mint sauce with me.lol!!!! ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni