Author Topic: Olga Apts  (Read 35030 times)

Patandgra

Olga Apts
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »
We seem to have covered the problem of Mozzie control though i doubt we have enough luggage alloance for all the remedies that have been posted.Has anyone anything to tell us about the Olga apts ???.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Olga Apts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »
Not actually stayed there but they do have a nice pool and it is near the bottom of the hill so no hike up hill for you. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »
Stay in the rear block. Views not the same but as the Tremeloes sung "Silence is Golden! "

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:30:50 PM »
We stayed at the Olga last year and we are going back in September. The apts are basic but they clean and tidy. They are a good size  and reasonably well equipped. The pool area is nice with a bar area next to it The family and staff are all helpful and make you feel welcome.I think you will enjoy yourselves Roll on September 192 days to go

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:43:27 PM »
We stayed at the Olga last year and we are going back in September. The apts are basic but they clean and tidy. They are a good size  and reasonably well equipped. The pool area is nice with a bar area next to it The family and staff are all helpful and make you feel welcome.I think you will enjoy yourselves Roll on September 192 days to go
We stayed one week a few years back - they are OK and as described above - not many coat-hangers that year,
quite basic but v/clean. Just a little bit of hill to crawl up after a good night out!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Patandgra

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
Roll on september indeed,not to worried about coat hangers cos the wife lets me have one of hers.When i booked the olga apts for some stange reason i thought they were located in the other San Stefanos which looked ok at first, then on further investigation had only a small pebbly beach, was a bit pricey to dine in the four tavernas and was mainly used by the yachting fraternity. As we know little about coming about or luffing it seemed i may have booked the wrong place for us, then we looked it up on google earh, what a suprise the olga had somehow materialised on the other side of Corfu,and in a pace that we had visited briefly while roaming about.As my forehead came slowly into contact with the desk my wife asked if i was feeling alright! a lot better now i said.

don

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
Like the humour! Feel free to join in with some of our humorous* childish* witty * infantile * (* = Delete Where Applicable)banter. 
When in September do you go? We fly Queasey Jet on the 25th and are staying in the Little Prince. 

Patandgra

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
We fly from "Doncaster Robin Hood International Airport"(Donny to us Lincolnshire folk) with Thompson air on the 18th for two weeks of sun, sea, and taramasalata. which leads me to another question who does the best steak in San Steph?.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 11:14:45 PM »
We fly from "Doncaster Robin Hood International Airport"(Donny to us Lincolnshire folk) with Thompson air on the 18th for two weeks of sun, sea, and taramasalata. which leads me to another question who does the best steak in San Steph?.
Now your'e talking - Hmmmmm Best Steak - couple of good places, although it depends if you like it with a sauce or not.
Some Resturants cook it in different ways, I like it grilled on the BBQ and you should find that the Olive Press will do a brilliant one,
but then - so does the Beachcomber Bistro almost opposite, which really does do great food, however some of the resturaunts fry their steak, or cook on a griddle, the Little Prince does a nice Sizzling Steak and opposite that is 2 Stars which does good steaks as well.
Everyone will have a different opinion - because so many places are very close in quality.
If you like steaks in a sauce try the Olympia as well or Yannis etc etc etc
If fact I predict you will get so many suggestions - you will end up taking pot luck!!
Tony

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »
Like Tony says everywhere in SS does brilliant food - you can't go wrong. Judging by your sense of humour you have definitely chosen the right SS as the other one may not have suited you as well. Locally the "other" SS is known as Kensington on Sea and probably does cater for a certain type.lol!! ;) You will feel at home in our SS straight away as everyone is so friendly -even to newcomers. ;)
There is a lot more to do in our SS and more tavernas to try as well - you could go to a different one every night of your holiday and still nothave visited them all. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »
Like Tony says everywhere in SS does brilliant food - you can't go wrong. Judging by your sense of humour you have definitely chosen the right SS as the other one may not have suited you as well. Locally the "other" SS is known as Kensington on Sea and probably does cater for a certain type.lol!! ;) You will feel at home in our SS straight away as everyone is so friendly -even to newcomers. ;)
There is a lot more to do in our SS and more tavernas to try as well - you could go to a different one every night of your holiday and still nothave visited them all. :)
And if you ever meet Jules and Sue - you may need a steak for each eye!!! LOL ::)

don

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 02:33:53 AM »

We have visited the other SS. Don't wish to put it down or it's clientele but bikini and green wellies..... Do me a favour! Ans as for the politicians and ruskie spies.... Don't mention it.... Been there got the souvenir mug and t-shirt... very nearly got the obligatory poke from a Bulgarian umbrella... Not the sort of place for good upstanding people!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 02:52:37 AM »

We have visited the other SS. Don't wish to put it down or it's clientele but bikini and green wellies..... Do me a favour! Ans as for the politicians and ruskie spies.... Don't mention it.... Been there got the souvenir mug and t-shirt... very nearly got the obligatory poke from a Bulgarian umbrella... Not the sort of place for good upstanding people!
Yes - went there one year - just to see it - funny little harbour and they wipe their backsides with silk hankies!!

Patandgra

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »
I must confess that we prefer our steaks char grilled on the barbie, i have no idea how many eating places are in San Steph but with a bit of the old bulldog spirit we will get round as many as we can ,credit Crunch or not not much keeps a Brit from a good nosh. Tony seems to have had a quite disturbing visit to the other San Steph, having recently spent a two week holiday on Mykonos we were witness to many an unusual sight, but we never came close to being poked by a Bulgarian umbrella!!!.

don

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
I must confess that we prefer our steaks char grilled on the barbie, i have no idea how many eating places are in San Steph but with a bit of the old bulldog spirit we will get round as many as we can ,credit Crunch or not not much keeps a Brit from a good nosh. Tony seems to have had a quite disturbing visit to the other San Steph, having recently spent a two week holiday on Mykonos we were witness to many an unusual sight, but we never came close to being poked by a Bulgarian umbrella!!!.

We went to Mykonos and it was unusual to say the least! To paraphrase Little Britain, "we were the only straights in the village." Had a marvellous holiday there and met some brilliant people, 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni