Author Topic: mozzies  (Read 51009 times)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: mozzies
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »
don, We used to be able to buy it in any of the supermarkets in ss. Then a couple of years ago it disappeared from the shelves.... maybe the eec regs finally hit greece or something. We thought that it had gone for good but then last year it re appeared. We got it at Margaritas and i also saw it in another supermarket in St George when we were over there.  Maybe they have changed formula or something, but it still works for me.

Someone has also told me that the boots own stuff in the grey bottles is excellent. A friend who is usually eaten alive wherever he goes used it a couple of weeks ago somewhere where there were loads of mozzies and did not get bitten at all. I suspect that this may be the tropical stuff.

will try anything to keep little blighters at bay!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 05:01:57 AM »
don, We used to be able to buy it in any of the supermarkets in ss. Then a couple of years ago it disappeared from the shelves.... maybe the eec regs finally hit greece or something. We thought that it had gone for good but then last year it re appeared. We got it at Margaritas and i also saw it in another supermarket in St George when we were over there.  Maybe they have changed formula or something, but it still works for me.

Someone has also told me that the boots own stuff in the grey bottles is excellent. A friend who is usually eaten alive wherever he goes used it a couple of weeks ago somewhere where there were loads of mozzies and did not get bitten at all. I suspect that this may be the tropical stuff.

will try anything to keep little blighters at bay!

I think we'll all be trying this stuff - it sounds quite good - can't be too careful after all!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
Is it something to do with a product in it called deet? I think that got banned in the UK.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »
Think you might be right Jules although friends in US say its still in products there and they tend to be paranoid about what they use. I did not check the ingredients. I reckon if i am only using something for a short time its not going to be a problem..... now you are all going to think of something that using even for  very short time would not be a good idea.... bring it on you lot !!!! : ;D ;D ;D

(Radio active sun cream.... ?????)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »
Think you might be right Jules although friends in US say its still in products there and they tend to be paranoid about what they use. I did not check the ingredients. I reckon if i am only using something for a short time its not going to be a problem..... now you are all going to think of something that using even for  very short time would not be a good idea.... bring it on you lot !!!! : ;D ;D ;D

I always take antihistamines as well just in case one of the little blighters gets me. It helps with the itching.
Radio active sun cream sounds great - we would all glow very nicely on the beach :o
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2009, 06:09:19 AM »

I always take antihistamines as well just in case one of the little blighters gets me. It helps with the itching.
Radio active sun cream sounds great - we would all glow very nicely on the beach :o
I have noticed the word DEET before - I think they used it in Vietnam and it used to be called Agent Orange!!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2009, 12:42:21 PM »
Try this..           
http://www.deet.com/
Incidentally Amazon UK has a couple of Deet products for sale called Repel.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:44:37 PM by swedebasher »
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »
Try this..           
http://www.deet.com/
Incidentally Amazon UK has a couple of Deet products for sale called Repel.
As long as the girls keep off the Deet - they already glow lime green - soon to be Hi-Vi Orange like Don!! LOL

Patandgra

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »
Got Boots own brand (Soltan) aftersun with built in moozie repellent today which we have found to be effective in the past, it does'nt smell of cat pee like some we have used and at the moment is half price.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »
Will have to go to Boots at the weekend as John uses their make on Hols and when he is playing golf.
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 01:27:01 AM »
Got Boots own brand (Soltan) aftersun with built in moozie repellent today which we have found to be effective in the past, it does'nt smell of cat pee like some we have used and at the moment is half price.
Again we agree  - - Boots stuff is very good!!
But - if you miss the smell of catz Pee - borrow Don's after-shave - thats exactly what Brut smells like when it's 20 years out of date!!
And he takes it on every holiday - I am reliably told!! - saves a few pence and no mozzie would go near it - there you are!!
A deet-free solution - Old bottles of Brut!!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:59 AM »
Again we agree  - - Boots stuff is very good!!
But - if you miss the smell of catz Pee - borrow Don's after-shave - thats exactly what Brut smells like when it's 20 years out of date!!And he takes it on every holiday - I am reliably told!! - saves a few pence and no mozzie would go near it - there you are!!
A deet-free solution - Old bottles of Brut!!! LOL

It must be yours as well Tony seeing as you know what it smells like lol!! ;)

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2009, 02:10:24 AM »
Good reply Jules  keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

I would have thought you more of an Old Spice man Tony :P :P :P
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2009, 03:51:59 AM »
Good reply Jules  keep them coming!!!!!!!!!

I would have thought you more of an Old Spice man Tony :P :P :P
Good gosh - my father wore that!!
No Linda works for World Duty free, so gets a decent staff discount.
My brothers wife works as one of the Top Managers for Este' Lauder.
That means I have a huge aftershave collection - I am up with the latest stuff on the market!!
The one I have been using a lot this year is the new Paco Rabanne "Black" for him - also "Million" for him.
Paco Rabanne "Black" for her is nice too!
One of my favourites is Este' Lauder "Happy" for men - good general use and fresh smelling!!
There - - no old spice  - - no Hi Karate - - - no Brut!!  Don  8) has the Market there!!, plus the latest - old socks!! LOL

don

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2009, 03:00:05 AM »
Sorry to disappoint but don't do aftershave. Very old fashioned, men and perfume don't go together unless drunk for the alcoholic content!  :o

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni