Author Topic: What should you not Forget this Year!!  (Read 26268 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
What should you not Forget this Year!!
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Hi all - I read Don's Comments under broken links, and I think it would be good to put it up here as well.
Don's comments certainly made us think and check things out. - Thanks for this to DON.

Don't forget to check that your Passport has not run OUT!! That it is Valid for 6 months when you travel.
As Don said - so many times it happend at Airports - people sent home.

Also don't forget your Insurance - just in case!!

Don't forget to register here either - you need a health card which replaces the E111 form:

http://www.e111.org.uk/apply.html

http://www.nhs.uk/Healthcareabroad/Pages/Healthcareabroad.aspx

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4018163

So what else should we take?????

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

Re: What should you not Forget this Year!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
Anyone who knows me will know I shouldn't forget books. Luckily my own personnel librarian is at the Thomas Bay during our june/july holidays. Then again anyone who has seen me when reading points out that I should remember I'm supposed to be with Sandra!
This is unfortunately very, very true!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:54 AM »
Never forget your sun lotions, after sun and anti mozzie care. All a must in San Stef. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 02:25:42 AM »
As I am a Diabetic I have to take a letter from my Doctor stating that I have to carry insulin and needles with me at all times. This is for the flights.

It is also a good idea to carry a copy of your repeat perscription sheet. if you have one
just in case info is needed on what meds you are taking.

Small first aid kit
All the Lotions and creams as Jules said
IPod for John
Books for me I like Don use the hotels book exchange system (usually the Athena) as we stay near there.

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 05:22:39 AM »
As I am a Diabetic I have to take a letter from my Doctor stating that I have to carry insulin and needles with me at all times. This is for the flights.

It is also a good idea to carry a copy of your repeat perscription sheet. if you have one
just in case info is needed on what meds you are taking.

Small first aid kit
All the Lotions and creams as Jules said
IPod for John
Books for me I like Don use the hotels book exchange system (usually the Athena) as we stay near there.

Good idea - we also do the book thing as well.
I was just wondering ? ? what can you do with your old needles ? ?
Perhaps you can knit Don a new pair of Speedo's or a Mankini with them??? LOL  :-\
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good tip for people as well.
Linda works for World Duty Free, (not in the shops), & as she gets a nice staff discount, she always buys the suntan lotions.
Many years ago, she discovered a lotion called P20.
A once a day application gives you a good medium protection. We used it especially on the kids years ago - we never burnt,
nor did the kids. You can sweat, swim, roll in sand - whatever - you do not need to re-apply it.

We used to put it on the kids, but as we liked extra protection for them, we also applied a 35 factor on top.
This would generally wash off - (even waterproof), and if you forgot - the P20 was still on and saved the kids from burning!

In the old days we found it worked really well but you had to apply it an hour before to let it bond with the skin.
Put on a white T-Shirt too early and it stained the T-Shirt yellow, but it just worked so well.

The only time we ever burn with this is if we miss a bit putting it on, as it is a clear liquid, you have to be careful you do full coverage.  These days they have re-vamped the formulae and it no longer staines your clothes, it bonds with the skin in 15 mins now. It is the first thing we now pack. I recommend it to anyone. I am lucky I just usually go brown pretty quickly, but Linda is lighter skinned and can easily burn, but with the P20 we never do. Try it!!
This year our Grandson is coming with my Son and his wife, and we are taking plenty of the P20. (and no I do not get paid for this)!!
It is a 20 x protection (medium), so don't forget something higher to start with, as well, if you need it.
That's it - - my must have - tip of the day! Try it for a few days and you will wonder how you ever managed with-out it!
Downside - it's not that cheap - but I guarantee it will work if the directions are followed correctly!!

Here is a link for you - and you can also definately buy it at the airport in World Duty Free Stores,
at Gatwick, Stanstead, Heathrow, Edingburgh, Glasgow, - not sure about other Airports.

http://www.p20.co.uk/

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 09:55:33 PM »
Good tips !!!!

Also: plasters and antisceptic cream
        painkillers / tablets - as we all know chemists are few and far between so its always best to take plenty with you. i had a tooth infection last year and used all my supply up but found many people helped me out and donated ibruprofen for me !!!! thankfully, i only had to bear it for last few days of holiday but would have been terrible without enough tablets.

Also some comfy shoes / flipflops. Most of us, girls more so probably, but new shoes and flip flops for hols and if not broken in you get nasty blisters or rubbed skin, not nice !!!!

thats it for me ......for now !!!
Sarah H xx

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 02:58:00 AM »
It's P20 for me Tony the only lotion I can use that I don't burn with.

John can't stand it so he takes Boots high factor.

By the way I use my old needles for sticking in small lookalike dolls ;D ;D ;D
Sue & John

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 04:44:00 AM »
It's P20 for me Tony the only lotion I can use that I don't burn with.

John can't stand it so he takes Boots high factor.

By the way I use my old needles for sticking in small lookalike dolls ;D ;D ;D
Ouch - Ohh - Ouch!!!! AAaaahhhhhha - Ouch!!
Ok Got the message!!

P20 is brilliant - glad you know about it already - it just really works!!
Yet every year we see the 'strawberry red' idiots burning on the beach, who will just peel by the second week.

Also - I was made to buy a pair of real CROCS which has now replaced my sandels -
They are ugly - yet so comfortable and light - they have now done 2 holidays and I can wear them anywhere,
I can wear them all the time - (but shoes in the evening of course) - far better and harder wearing than the fake look-alike ones. Linda bought some fake ones and they are great for the garden and just a few pounds, but not as comfy.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:35 AM »
I might try crocs this year as well. What colour are yours Tony? :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 01:10:54 AM »
I'm going to get bright green to go with my bikini!!!!
Sue & John

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27:29 AM »
I might try crocs this year as well. What colour are yours Tony? :)
I got a neutral colour - a sort of grey with a hint of beige - but nice - Linda chose them at the Ideal Home show last year.
£25 it cost!!

I have done 2 holidays - thats 4 weeks - walking all over - and used them most days at home since, when I walk in the garden. (We have dogs - so I patioed my entire garden - no cutting the lawn for me - just pick up any mess and hose it).
So they should be looking the worse for wear - but no!! and they are the most comfortable shoe ever.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 03:33:14 AM »
I'm going to get bright green to go with my bikini!!!!
And just to be noticed even more - flashing strobe lights on your "Madonna" style bra,
and - - of course - - -  as you walk down the street, people drop and have fits!!

I am led to believe that Don has one pink croc and one yellow Croc, just to outdo you.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 03:41:45 PM »
Think I will get me a pair for the summer if it comes!!!!
Sue & John

don

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
Is Lincolnshire ready to see you flasing 2 madonna style bras with flashing strobes? It would be funnier than the cartoons I sent you LOL ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 03:54:05 AM »
Is Lincolnshire ready to see you flasing 2 madonna style bras with flashing strobes? It would be funnier than the cartoons I sent you LOL ;D
Makes you wonder what Jules will be flashing if - as you have said, they dress as a pair?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni