Author Topic: Hotel Romanza - family room?  (Read 13328 times)

Offline nickers27

• View Profile
Hotel Romanza - family room?
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:51 PM »
Hi, first timer to SS, and having read this forum, very excited about it! 
We are going for 2 weeks in August, and have booked the Delfino for the 2nd week as a treat.  But looking for somewhere cheaper for the first week.  We have 2 kids with us so need ideally an apartment but noticed that the Romanza has a family room available. Does anyone know whether they have separate sleeping areas or are all the beds in together?
Also looking at the Stamatis apts but not sure where they are?  Are they near the Athina?
Thanks for any info.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Romanza - family room?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:59 PM »
Hi, first timer to SS, and having read this forum, very excited about it! 
We are going for 2 weeks in August, and have booked the Delfino for the 2nd week as a treat.  But looking for somewhere cheaper for the first week.  We have 2 kids with us so need ideally an apartment but noticed that the Romanza has a family room available. Does anyone know whether they have separate sleeping areas or are all the beds in together?
Also looking at the Stamatis apts but not sure where they are?  Are they near the Athina?
Thanks for any info.
Hi Knickers27 - (that name has got us all thinking!!)
I can't help with the Romanza as it's one of the few places we have never stayed in, but hear great reports.
They try harder there because they are right at the top of the Clifftop, one of the highest points in San Stefanos, and furthest from the centre.
However that won't bother most people.

The Delfino will be fantastic - we tried and failed to get a booking there as it's often fully booked out.
It is quite lavish inside - you will love it!

The Stamatis Apartments are central and almost opposite the Athina Bar, the Apartments are at the rear of the pool.
I have read mixed reports on the Apartments, mostly good but quite basic. We viewed them as a possibility 3 years ago and looked in the apartments.
We thought they looked Ok and would probably stay there if we needed to.

Leonidis Apartments definately have seperate sleeping room apartments for families. I can recommend them - surf this forum and you will find contact details for most places or just ask again and I will post them.

Nondas Apartments up the hill a bit, has lovely 2 bedroom Apts as well.

Also Noula from San Stefanos Travel can help you there as well, she has some two room Apartments on her books.
There are plenty of similar Apartments around the resort.
We are staying this year in Theodora Apts, very, very nice inside and out, (no Pool - but you can use any in the resort and will be welcomed),
and I am sure they also have family Apts there as well. Again ask Noula.

You should have no trouble booking one, Thompson & Portland Holidays (same Company), also have contracts with a big percentage of Apartments around the resort. Lots of independants as well.
I am sure some of my fellow friends and members of this Forum will volunteer more suggestions of nice well placed Apartments.
It would be helpful if you can say if you want something up a hill (great Views), or not to far from the centre more on the flat ground.
Nowhere in this resort is much more than a slow 15 minute walk from the Beach really - and there are lots of Apartments in your catergory.

Enjoy your Holiday - you will love it - great place to chill out and you can always find entertainment at night to keep the kids busy - try the Condor!!
Or a nice quiet bar - loads of choice!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline nickers27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 03:49:32 PM »
Thanks Tony C for all your suggestions.  I think the Stamatis apts have some refurbished 2 beds which I am interested in.  We'd like a pool for the kids, and not too much of a trek up hill, so I think these might be the best bet.  I haven't read a bad review about anywhere in San Stef, it seems too good to be true!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »
Thanks Tony C for all your suggestions.  I think the Stamatis apts have some refurbished 2 beds which I am interested in.  We'd like a pool for the kids, and not too much of a trek up hill, so I think these might be the best bet.  I haven't read a bad review about anywhere in San Stef, it seems too good to be true!
Everything you read on here for San Stef will be as stated or even better. You will not be dissapointed :)
As you can tell in most posts most visitors are returnees year after year. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 05:01:09 AM »

I also think you could consider the Barras as I think he has a couple of two room apts at the back, as an option.

Tip;
Anyone who is prepared to chat to the locals will be rewarded with making new friends, who will remember you and greet you like family when you return the next time - they always appreciate people taking time to chat to them.
It's the poeple here that make it so special.

Offline nickers27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
Does anyone know whereabouts the Leonidas villas are situated?  I can see they are close to the beach, but which bit?  My in-laws now want to come with us and I want to find them somewhere nice to stay that won't be too expensive (we will be at the Delfino!). They don't need a pool either so I should be able to find something quite cheap.   
If anyone knows any other apts that would be suitable please let me know.  They need to be close to the beach.
Thanks

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »
Hi nickers 27
here is a link to a great map so you can see where every thing your after is http://corfu-info.com/main/san-stefanos-map.html
hope this is of help to you
Helen

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:22:43 AM »
Hi nickers27
If you look on this link to San Stefanos travel you may find somewhere suitable for your parents. :)

http://www.san-stefano.gr/
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 04:33:15 AM »
Does anyone know whereabouts the Leonidas villas are situated?  I can see they are close to the beach, but which bit?  My in-laws now want to come with us and I want to find them somewhere nice to stay that won't be too expensive (we will be at the Delfino!). They don't need a pool either so I should be able to find something quite cheap.   
If anyone knows any other apts that would be suitable please let me know.  They need to be close to the beach.
Thanks
The Leonidas Apt's are at the rear of the Olive Press Resturaunt.
On level ground, they are 30 metres from the beach, you just walk down the service road opposite and come out by the Waves Taverna.
Very good apt's and set in nice gardens.
They would be about 5-8 mins gentle walk from the Delfino, along the road or 5 mins along the beach.
Tony

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni