Author Topic: Where will you have your 1st meal in 2009?  (Read 167608 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Where will you have your 1st meal in 2009?
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:55:22 AM »
As we arrive much earlier than ever this year we will arrive in time for lunch. We will dump cases and have a walk into the village and maybe stop at 2 Star for a catch up and a lovely lunch.http://

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Where will you have your 1st meal in 2009?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:57:49 AM »
As we arrive much earlier than ever this year we will arrive in time for lunch. We will dump cases and have a walk into the village and maybe stop at 2 Star for a catch up and a lovely lunch.http://
First it is called 2 Stars !!! (not 2 Star), after the two owners - get it!!
In my opinion 2 Stars is really a 4 Star restaurant - great food - cheap prices there - and will be one of our first port's of call.
He gave us a bottle of their own label wine last season, and it was quite nice!!
Château Deux Lumineaux - try their house red!!

So either the 2 Stars or Little Prince on the first night - to be decided on the night I think - (2 Stars the Favourite maybe).
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »
First it is called 2 Stars !!! (not 2 Star), after the two owners - get it!!
In my opinion 2 Stars is really a 4 Star restaurant - great food - cheap prices there - and will be one of our first port's of call.
He gave us a bottle of their own label wine last season, and it was quite nice!!
Château Deux Lumineaux - try their house red!!

So either the 2 Stars or Little Prince on the first night - to be decided on the night I think - (2 Stars the Favourite maybe).
Tony C
Our first evening meal will probably be Little Prince. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »
As we arrive not long after midday it will probably be Giros at either the Olympia or Tasty Corner. At night SANDRA has to visit the Little Prince for sizzling steak. Her traditional "my holiday starts here and now" moment.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
As we arrive not long after midday it will probably be Giros at either the Olympia or Tasty Corner. At night SANDRA has to visit the Little Prince for sizzling steak. Her traditional "my holiday starts here and now" moment.
Never had sizzling steak but it always smells gorgeous. Every time see /hear one we say to each must have one so this year I think will be the year.lol!!!!!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 03:13:10 AM »
Never had sizzling steak but it always smells gorgeous. Every time see /hear one we say to each must have one so this year I think will be the year.lol!!!!!!! ;)
We also like the sizzling steak - so may well go for that as well!!

Offline Brisey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:35:19 AM »
Our first evening meal will probably be at The Waves, looking out over the beach and watching the sunset.
When i die, i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not terrified and screaming.......like his passengers

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 09:32:23 PM »
Our first evening meal will probably be at The Waves, looking out over the beach and watching the sunset.
Ah!! Nice one - you know it's so easy to overlook & miss the Waves Taverna - a real gem of a place to eat,
always known for its fish meals and one of the original Tavernas in the resort.
I have a photo of us eating in there dated August 4th 1984, we were eating red snapper that night!!
We haven't eaten there for a few years in the evening recently, probably because there is so much competition around and it's a little hidden being on the beach - (had a few lunches there last year though!), we saw that Spiros (from Zorba's), is now working there.
So what is your favourite meal there?
Tony

don

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
I had Salmon there last year and it was superb! Then again I always think of Salmon as wonderful. Just a sucker for sea-food!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 05:46:46 AM »
I had Salmon there last year and it was superb! Then again I always think of Salmon as wonderful. Just a sucker for sea-food!
Salmon is not typically Greek is it? I don't think there is any in the Med or Ionian 'Greek Waters'.
Typically, salmon are anadromous: they are born in fresh water, migrate to the ocean, then return to fresh water to reproduce. 
This is most likely due to the domestication of these certain species of Salmon.
Folklore has it that the fish return to the exact spot where they were born to spawn.
I think of Salmon as fresh water fish rather than Seafood, do you ever try the local catch?

Offline Brisey

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
So what is your favourite meal there?

We just turn up and our friend of many years now, Spiros ex Manthos and Zorbas, tells us what we should have. ::)
We have never had a bad meal there, he has good taste. :D
When i die, i want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not terrified and screaming.......like his passengers

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
We also arrive at lunch time instead of late at night, but we have a couple of friends with us that have not been before, so i expect we will just wander and chill by the pool in the afternoon.

The first evening will prob be a tame one, as we have a bit of a reunion going on with some guys from last year, and they arrive at 11-12pm so we will prob have a nice meal at Zorbas and then back to Tereza for a drink and wait for our friends

Jules - the reunion is Sarah & Brian, and the 2 guys..Nick and Dave, so with our 6 it will be quite a gathering this time !!!!! Poor leo and Fanis !!!!

Sarah H xx

don

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 10:59:53 PM »
I eat fish when and wherever possible. Don't really care what kind as long as the filleter knows her/his job!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 12:11:01 AM »
We also arrive at lunch time instead of late at night, but we have a couple of friends with us that have not been before, so i expect we will just wander and chill by the pool in the afternoon.

The first evening will prob be a tame one, as we have a bit of a reunion going on with some guys from last year, and they arrive at 11-12pm so we will prob have a nice meal at Zorbas and then back to Tereza for a drink and wait for our friends

Jules - the reunion is Sarah & Brian, and the 2 guys..Nick and Dave, so with our 6 it will be quite a gathering this time !!!!! Poor leo and Fanis !!!!

Sarah H xx

Give Brian Roys best wishes Sarah lol!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 05:07:47 AM »
I eat fish when and wherever possible. Don't really care what kind as long as the filleter knows her/his job!
Don - we heard the rumour!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni