Author Topic: transfers to san stefanos  (Read 31290 times)

Offline newcombedev

• View Profile
transfers to san stefanos
« on: January 28, 2009, 01:40:55 AM »
hello can anybody please tell us how long it takes to get to san stefanos from the airport by bus . We have been going to corfu for about 7 years to roda .but are thinking about trying san stefanos this september 
             thank you for your help paul n karen

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: transfers to san stefanos
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »
The fastest I did it in a taxi with "mad-George" driving was 38 mins!!
The Bus if you mean transfer coach takes anything from about an 55 mins to 1 hour if straight there - - -
Plus it all depends on which of 3 different alternative routes they take and how many drop-off's on the way to your place.
My worst Journey with Thompsons took 1 hour 40 mins, multi-drops - but just over the Hour is average.
I think the Local Bus takes about 1 hr. 30 mins if I remember correctly as it stops a lot.
It always takes a while as it has to go over the ''Mountain'' to get there and the journey can get slowed down on the roads there.
Hope this helps
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:32:49 AM »
Our recent experiences with the transfer coach have been anywhere between 1.5 hrs ansd 3 hours plus. The latter being the excetion to the normal rule. These times can vary so much as Tony says depending if the coach has to drop at any other village first and also if you are first or last off at San Stefanos. Where we stay at Teresa we are usually one of the last but one of the first on the return journey. The return journey can be horrendous.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 01:54:56 AM »
Our recent experiences with the transfer coach have been anywhere between 1.5 hrs ansd 3 hours plus. The latter being the excetion to the normal rule. These times can vary so much as Tony says depending if the coach has to drop at any other village first and also if you are first or last off at San Stefanos. Where we stay at Teresa we are usually one of the last but one of the first on the return journey. The return journey can be horrendous.
I agree - it depends on your luck! Last year our coach went straight to San Stef. 1 hr 15 mins - the return was beset by severe traffic hold-ups at the traffic lights in the village coming down the Mountain. Never worked out what caused it - but got to the airport with an hour to spare.
I think 90% of the time it runs smoothly.
One transfer a few years back went via San Georges bay, arrillas and Stef, with multi drops, took almost 2 hours.
We just take it as it comes and try to enjoy the ride - mind you everyone leaving has a long face!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »
The return journey I also get very sick!!! :(
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
Nothing to do with Don's Mankini I Hope?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 01:08:17 AM »
Nothing to do with Don's Mankini I Hope?
Now you mention it lol!!! ;)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »
No wonder it's lime green with "Chunder" to match!!

don

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 11:28:31 PM »
Watch out Tony, I know these girls. They'll meet you, seem ever so nice but I assure you they will pick up on all your little idiosyncrasies, multiply them and throw them right back at you in full view of an expectant world. I strongly advise that when you undergo your transfer you do it naked bar an small real leaf, suggest a rose leaf strategically placed sans thorns obviously. This way they will have no ammunition to use against you. Not much anyway! May I also helpfully suggest you wear a Venetian carnival mask and opera glasses. Where you wear the mask is totally up to you but it could be advisable to wear it in Corfu. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:30:28 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:23 AM »
Seriously though if you don't like coach travel I would suggest a taxi transfer as it can be a bit horrendous with all the stopping and starting. For some reason I am always ok travelling by coach to San Stef but usually get a bit green around the gills on the return journey. One year was so bad I was as very sick in the airport after just managing to get off the coach in time. Lucky that as I think they charge you for cleaning up if sick on the coach.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:43:20 AM »
Seriously, if anyone feels sick on the bus, take quells seasick pills with you.
Take one first and they really work.
Failing that take a carrier bag - not tescos as they have holes in them!
I am the worlds worst sailor and always feel sick on a boat - but they do work and don't knock you out either.
They suppress the vomit reflex quite well - I know - Linda made me do a Cruise in the Caribbean - and not a chunder in sight!!
No Don - not your kind of cruising!!

Offline newcombedev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
thank you all for your help. wehave booked up for san stefanosfor the 28th sept at the teresa apartments for 2 weeks cant wait
            thank you paul n karen

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
I am sure I can speak for all the San Stefanos ''returners'',
when I say you won't regret it - we think it's the best chill-out place in the world!!
Enjoy
Tony C

don

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 12:11:59 AM »
I am sure I can speak for all the San Stefanos ''returners'',
when I say you won't regret it - we think it's the best chill-out place in the world!!
Enjoy
Tony C

Are you aware the transfer window slammed shut on 02/02/09?  

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 12:20:30 AM »
thank you all for your help. wehave booked up for san stefanosfor the 28th sept at the teresa apartments for 2 weeks cant wait
            thank you paul n karen
Good choice Paul n Karen. We stay at Teresa every year but always go end August beginning September. If you need any info on Teresa or indeed San Stefanos just ask. :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni