Author Topic: Barras  (Read 67202 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Barras
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 03:06:02 AM »
I could go as your photographer!!
I like to make a San Stefanos Beach Beasties Calendar every year, (last 3 years now).
Does anyone else do this or am I just a bit odd!!

On the bright side with so many obvious targets - it greatly amuses my circle of friends.
Sorry Don, Jules and Sue - your'e just not dreadful enough to make the calendar!!Isn't it good that there is always someone much worse than you on every beach!!
I got a brilliant picture last year of some old boy walking around the beach in his airtex vest, socks, and Y-fronts - still makes us laugh!!
(yes he was German I believe - they have a different outlook to us on changing on the beach).
Glad to hear it Tony. Who do you think make the best topics for your calendar then?The men or the women? Be careful now how that is answered ;D

In other words Tony............ You are not allowed to say "Women" LOL
To be honest - a good mix - whoever will fit into a good caption!! LOL
So how big are the captions? Wiil we all need to diet to "fit into a good caption"?
Now now - if anyone needs to diet it's me - but there are always funny moments or sights on the beach and about,
there is always someone worse than you - the trick is to capture it on camera!!
And the caption usually shouts at you!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »
I like to make a San Stefanos Beach Beasties Calendar every year, (last 3 years now).

On the bright side with so many obvious targets - it greatly amuses my circle of friends.
Sorry Don, Jules and Sue - your'e just not dreadful enough to make the calendar!!Isn't it good that there is always someone much worse than you on every beach!!
I got a brilliant picture last year of some old boy walking around the beach in his airtex vest, socks, and Y-fronts - still makes us laugh!!
(yes he was German I believe - they have a different outlook to us on changing on the beach).
Glad to hear it Tony. Who do you think make the best topics for your calendar then?The men or the women? Be careful now how that is answered ;D

So how big are the captions? Wiil we all need to diet to "fit into a good caption"?
Now now - if anyone needs to diet it's me - but there are always funny moments or sights on the beach and about,

Really must watch myself and my intake if I get to share a few drinks with you. "Shouting Captions." Just how much do you drink? LOL :'(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 02:16:50 AM »

Really must watch myself and my intake if I get to share a few drinks with you. "Shouting Captions." Just how much do you drink? LOL :'(
To be honest I am not a big drinker - do push the boat out on holiday - couple of pints and some shorts with mixer usually does me proud.
At home - because I mostly drive - and my Job is safety critical - zero Alcohol and no dodgy drugs as we get tested -
I don't get a lot of heavy drinking opportunities - so when I do drink on holiday -
it's much cheaper to get the buzz from a few beers instead of many!! -
I seem to be able to handle a few (or more) shorts after a few days practice!!

don

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 02:27:40 AM »

To be honest I am not a big drinker - do push the boat out on holiday - couple of pints and some shorts with mixer usually does me proud.
At home - because I mostly drive - and my Job is safety critical - zero Alcohol and no dodgy drugs as we get tested -
I don't get a lot of heavy drinking opportunities - so when I do drink on holiday -

Not big drinkers either! A carafe over a long leisurely meal and a couple of shorts as a social thing. Only been drunk once in my life. Never again! You will see why if we meet. 1973 was a good and bad year.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »

Not big drinkers either! A carafe over a long leisurely meal and a couple of shorts as a social thing. Only been drunk once in my life. Never again! You will see why if we meet. 1973 was a good and bad year.
Seems we have a lot in common - although I was drunk twice - once at 16 - made me v/ill - once at 24 - I really learnt from that one!!
seems a waste of time to overcook it and throw up. I was more interested in keeping fit in the old days - football etc.
Nice to get the warm feeling, but not to fall over!!
So by process of elimination - - - it's only Sue and Jules who are Larger Louts - is it????

don

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 11:57:47 PM »

Seems we have a lot in common - although I was drunk twice - once at 16 - made me v/ill - once at 24 - I really learnt from that one!!
seems a waste of time to overcook it and throw up. I was more interested in keeping fit in the old days - football etc.
Nice to get the warm feeling, but not to fall over!!
So by process of elimination - - - it's only Sue and Jules who are Larger Louts - is it????

Larger Louts ? You like living dangerously methinks!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D So they are Dangerous as well then  ???

Sue / Jules - - - just Joking!!

don

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 12:14:16 AM »
Back to the famous BARRAS. Will anyone else be staying there from 26 june to 10 july?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 12:41:42 AM »

Tony that reply came in just in time for you although I can't speak for my little compatriat Sue :-X
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 03:06:02 AM »

Tony that reply came in just in time for you although I can't speak for my little compatriat Sue :-X
It would be great to meet you lot  - probably have sometime - you never know -
My Linda would simply join you lot and we men would be in even worse trouble then, as she has the same kind of humour!!
I think Sue may be loading the ouzi!!

don

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 11:34:22 PM »
I wish we could all meet. We met Jules/Roy- Sue/John- Jude/Steve at a pre-arranged get together at yannis for the legendary spit roast lamb. None of us had ever met any of the other couples. It was a fantastic night and we have all become firm friends since. You can probably tell by our relaxed mickey taking!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 03:25:28 AM »
I wish we could all meet. We met Jules/Roy- Sue/John- Jude/Steve at a pre-arranged get together at yannis for the legendary spit roast lamb. None of us had ever met any of the other couples. It was a fantastic night and we have all become firm friends since. You can probably tell by our relaxed mickey taking!
Yes- -  - it fits right in with our outlook on life as well!!

don

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 11:36:12 PM »
Last August I asked on both here and the Agni site and around 20 of us met for a few drinks, a few laughs and some good company. Sandra and I had met Sue and John before but again we had a great night with loads of strangers. We hope similar nights will become a regular part of our San Stef experience. 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 01:56:30 AM »
Absolutely, sounds good to me!!

don

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 12:54:08 AM »
Absolutely, sounds good to me!!

This thread could do with a well writtenreview of the Barras. Any idea where we could read one? At least mine is on the Thomson page!!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni