Author Topic: Barras  (Read 67647 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Barras
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »
Not as bad (or funny) as the
"Road Kill", "Roach Suffle'," "Flemmington Market Rat", or "Veggimite & Skunk", flavour Crisps we saw in a Blue Mountains gift shop last year.
I have a photo to prove it, but couldn't bring myself to try any.
However, the local kids were buying them non-stop!!
Give me cheese and onion any day ::)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 10:04:23 PM »
Not as bad (or funny) as the
"Road Kill", "Roach Suffle'," "Flemmington Market Rat", or "Veggimite & Skunk", flavour Crisps we saw in a Blue Mountains gift shop last year.
I have a photo to prove it, but couldn't bring myself to try any.
However, the local kids were buying them non-stop!!
Give me cheese and onion any day ::)
I just tried Walkers Cumberland Sausage - quite nice!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
Two Cumberland sausage.... Not too bad! Two gammon.... quite extraordinarily awful! Two ploughmans.... so bland I can't comment too much!   
I do though want to find the "Builders Breakfast" we keep looking but can't find.

Now the Barras do a bosting Kleftiko, do try! Would make a great crisp flavour ::)   

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »
Bosting - thats a bit of brummie / black country creeping in there.

Agree on Barras food full stop . All very good. Not sure about Kleftico crisp though.
 Nearly back on topic here lol!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:56:20 AM by JULES T »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »
Bosting - thats a bit of brummie / black country creeping in there.  Nae bad for a wee jock!

Agree on Barras foos=d full stop . All very good. Not sure about Kleftico crisp though.
 Nearly back on topic here lol!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:11 AM »
I used to enjoy the Oregano Crisps that you could get from the Kantina (Capt'n Nikos & Angelana) on the Beach a few years ago.

don

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 02:36:59 AM »
Must go on the beach sometime. Would be a new experience. Anyway Tonyco1 do you recall Beech Nut chewing gum? It's OK I visited nostalgia are us today! Could have been neuralgia are us but no pains in the proverbial to be found on this site.. You agree JULES & Suela don't you?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 10:27:54 PM »
The PAPARAZZI will be waiting for for Don, I fear - right on the beach!!

don

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »
Just have to take you as my minder!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 04:22:47 AM »
I could go as your photographer!!
I like to make a San Stefanos Beach Beasties Calendar every year, (last 3 years now).
Does anyone else do this or am I just a bit odd!!

On the bright side with so many obvious targets - it greatly amuses my circle of friends.
Sorry Don, Jules and Sue - your'e just not dreadful enough to make the calendar!!
Isn't it good that there is always someone much worse than you on every beach!!

I got a brilliant picture last year of some old boy walking around the beach in his airtex vest, socks, and Y-fronts - still makes us laugh!!
(yes he was German I believe - they have a different outlook to us on changing on the beach).

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 04:02:19 PM »
I like to make a San Stefanos Beach Beasties Calendar every year, (last 3 years now).

On the bright side with so many obvious targets - it greatly amuses my circle of friends.
Sorry Don, Jules and Sue - your'e just not dreadful enough to make the calendar!!Isn't it good that there is always someone much worse than you on every beach!!
I got a brilliant picture last year of some old boy walking around the beach in his airtex vest, socks, and Y-fronts - still makes us laugh!!
(yes he was German I believe - they have a different outlook to us on changing on the beach).
Glad to hear it Tony. Who do you think make the best topics for your calendar then?The men or the women? Be careful now how that is answered ;D

don

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »

Sorry Don, Jules and Sue - your'e just not dreadful enough to make the calendar!!Isn't it good that there is always someone much worse than you on every beach!!
Glad to hear it Tony. Who do you think make the best topics for your calendar then?The men or the women? Be careful now how that is answered ;D

In other words Tony............ You are not allowed to say "Women" LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
Don, Sandra has taught you very well lol!!! ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 03:13:57 AM »

To be honest - a good mix - whoever will fit into a good caption!! LOL

don

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 10:55:17 PM »

To be honest - a good mix - whoever will fit into a good caption!! LOL
So how big are the captions? Wiil we all need to diet to "fit into a good caption"?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni