Author Topic: English couple, large villa near Town Pizzeria  (Read 12526 times)

Offline sanhelp

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
English couple, large villa near Town Pizzeria
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »
Dear San Stefanos lovers,

many years ago we also used to go to San Stefanos. We took many holidays there year after year. Your site has brought back so many happy memories for which we thank you very much indeed. Of course, memory can also fail you, so... we are trying to remember the name of the villa that an English couple had built on the same road where the Town Pizzeria was. It was quite a large villa where they also lived, renting the upstairs apartment which had a very nice large garden at the back. We remember his name being David?!? Have you ever come across it or them? We remember the villa being opposite a supermarket/taverna which had just opened in 1999, owned by some brothers one of which was called Nikos (surprise, surprise!!!)

So grateful if you could help with any little snippets of information you have or remember.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: English couple, large villa near Town Pizzeria
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:21:12 AM »
I vaguely remember someone of that name - but it has been so many years that I don't recall much at all.
Can you give any clues about how far up the road the Villa was? or where they came from? and it may help the memory.
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 10:48:49 PM »
Do you have any photos of the couple or the villa as this may help somebody on here? :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline daveB_UK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 01:55:29 AM »
Do you have any photos of the couple or the villa as this may help somebody on here? :)
I vaguely remember someone of that name - but it has been so many years that I don't recall much at all.
Can you give any clues about how far up the road the Villa was? or where they came from? and it may help the memory.
TonyC
Thanks for the feedback - after some struggling to find the old photo's, this one is of the DaJu Villa. The name comes from David and Julie, the two English people who built and owned the place. We remember that David was employed by the Inland Revenue and had taken early retirement and set up home in San Stefanos, building the villa. We believe that they came from Southampton. Hope the quality of picture is OK. Really appreciate your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:01:48 AM »
Sorry I can't help on this one at all. The photo may be useful for some of the people who have been going for longer than us though. We have only been going since 2000 :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline eildan

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »
Villa is opposite the Paradise taverna,and is for sale,meanwhile David and Julie are living in Canada.They return to San Stef every summer until it is sold.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »
Just knew someone would have some info for you.

Could you please help us all on here with how you managed to put a photo in your post. I as many of the other forumsters would love to be able to do this. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:59:52 PM »
Thanks for the photo - now looks familiar, but It's not the couple I thought it was!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni