Author Topic: Voula Apartments  (Read 20541 times)

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
Voula Apartments
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:25:16 AM »
Hi all, me and the wife fancy coming to san stef this year (june 2009) we are thinking of booking at the voula apts, so does anybody know if they have air con and how far away it is from the main resort.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Voula Apartments
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 01:49:03 AM »
Welcome to these forums Sockjockey.
Not sure if Voula have aircon or not. They are situated up a hill in San Stefanos and if no aircon available plenty of places do hire fans in the village.
If you need amy help at all on the village and amenities someone on here will always help. We are a very friendly bunch and many of us have been going to San Stefanos for years so if one of us don't know the answer to anything you ask I would be very suprised. ;)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 02:00:10 AM »
OK Thanks for that, looked at Olga Apartments too, but all sites say that there may be road noise as it is close to the road, which worries us as the wife can hear a mosquito fart in the night. Do you have experience of the Olga Apartments? Do you have any others that you would recommend for a quiet, relaxing time by the pool, the odd night in a taverna, peace, tranquility, pool is a must, as is a bar, as is air con & fridge.
Thanx

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 02:05:28 AM »
The village is not the type of place where there is road noise. The village is small. The Olga apartments have the advantage of not being up the hill which can be a bit of a climb in the heat. We stay at Teresa every year which is just up from Olga and we have certainly never been bothered by any road noise. Do you intend to go out every night for your evening meals or do you prefer a hotel with half board. Personally I would recommend self catering as the village tavernas are great and if you wanted you could eat at a different one every night. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 02:09:35 AM »
Forgot to say found on a report on Thomsons that Voula do have air con in some and ceiling fans in others. This was a report from 2007 so things may have changed. :)

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 02:20:05 AM »
Thanx for that, whats the Teresa like, it gets top reviews, is it worth the extra money in your opinion. It does look very nice on the pic's we've seen. We will def. self cater/go out for dinner somewhere new every night as we usually do. Went to Kefalonia last year, which is lovely, stayed in lakithra, again quiet, beautiful scenery, we're looking for something similar just on a different island.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 02:50:16 AM »
Thanx for that, whats the Teresa like, it gets top reviews, is it worth the extra money in your opinion. It does look very nice on the pic's we've seen. We will def. self cater/go out for dinner somewhere new every night as we usually do. Went to Kefalonia last year, which is lovely, stayed in lakithra, again quiet, beautiful scenery, we're looking for something similar just on a different island.
Personally we love the Teresa and we go back there every year. The apartments are up hill from the village. I'm not a fast walker and I manage ok. The family are great and helpful as well. The pool area is always clean and tidy. The rooms in the self catering are clean but basic. The ones in the B&B are situated to the rear and and not all will have the sea and pool view as they do in the self catering block. The B&B apartments have a proper shower cubicle as opposed to a shower tray and curtain. They serve evening meals here as well and if you didn't want to go far one night the food is excellent. I could go on and on about the Teresa but anywhere you stay in San Stefanos will be good. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 03:14:34 AM »
Personally we love the Teresa and we go back there every year. The apartments are up hill from the village. I'm not a fast walker and I manage ok. The family are great and helpful as well. The pool area is always clean and tidy. The rooms in the self catering are clean but basic. The ones in the B&B are situated to the rear and and not all will have the sea and pool view as they do in the self catering block. The B&B apartments have a proper shower cubicle as opposed to a shower tray and curtain. They serve evening meals here as well and if you didn't want to go far one night the food is excellent. I could go on and on about the Teresa but anywhere you stay in San Stefanos will be good. :)
I can back that up as well - You will be happy in any of the San Stef Apartments - The Family who run the Teresa are old and long standing friends of ours and they are brilliant in every respect - but if you don't like the hill (and I don't), then the alternatives will not dissappoint.
Everyone has their favourite place - but I just go for Value these days as you only sleep and wash in the rooms.
I still go to Teresa's for an occasional meal or their Greek Night, but please explore the whole village as well, lots of great places and it all boils down to personal preference at the end.
Enjoy - Tony c
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
We are staying at the Olga in July.  Have never stayed there, usually stay at Teresa, but couldn't get in.  We are going with friends who stayed at the Olga last year and loved it.  One of them has stayed many times over the years and like in most places in SS the family remembered her.  They are set slightly away from the road, but as Jules says the village is not that busy so I wouldn't be too worried about that.  Hope you manage to find something you like and enjoy SS as much as we do.

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »
We stayed at Olga last year and we are going back this year. The apts are basic but clean and tidy we did not have any trouble with road noise. The family who own them are friendly  people as are all in San Stefanos. Many people return each year to these apts which tells you a lot about them.We have also stopped at Thomas Bay which again is a friendly place but we enjoy eating out in the many places there are in San Stef. You will enjoy yourselves where ever you stay.

Offline SockJockey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, have decided to book the Teresa apts on your recommendation and its a bit nearer the beach and shops. Flying out on 19th june from Leeds/Bradford  ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:55 PM »
You will have a fantastic time there Sockjockey. We have never had any problems at Teresa at all. The family are great and really helpful. You will probably enjoy some good friendly banter with them as well. :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
In the meantime as well if you need any more info about the apartments or the village just ask and someone will answer for you. :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 03:32:21 AM »
Hey Jules - we can't do that - San Stef is a big secret!!
We don't want everyone to know it's the best place in the world!!!
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 02:50:41 PM »
Hey Jules - we can't do that - San Stef is a big secret!!
We don't want everyone to know it's the best place in the world!!!
TonyC
True - maybe we should just keep it all to ourselves lol!!! ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni