Author Topic: Hello from the frozen uk  (Read 26313 times)

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
Hello from the frozen uk
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
we just starting to look for our sun holiday for 2009, got holidays booked of work for 28th of august,
my birthday hate being at work that day, dont go back to work till 16th of sep.
we done a search online as we like to be away from the hussle and bussle of the young, and this came up
we been to annalipsy on crete before and we love greek people so looking for a new place,
so here I am asking for help loads to read yet on this forum,
both hope to find help from you all
we both like to be near the beach last place was 30 minutes walk downhill !!!
cheers ducky

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the frozen uk
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
we just starting to look for our sun holiday for 2009, got holidays booked of work for 28th of august,
my birthday hate being at work that day, dont go back to work till 16th of sep.
we done a search online as we like to be away from the hussle and bussle of the young, and this came up
we been to annalipsy on crete before and we love greek people so looking for a new place,
so here I am asking for help loads to read yet on this forum,
both hope to find help from you all
we both like to be near the beach last place was 30 minutes walk downhill !!!
cheers ducky

Firstly welcome to these forums.

As you can probably guess these forum boards are used by many freindly and knowledgeable people who will be very happy to help.

Firstly welcome to these forums. :)

As you can probably guess these forum boards are used by many freindly and knowledgeable people who will be very happy to help with anything you may need to know. :)

San Stef sounds ideal for you if you do want to be away from the hussle and bussle of young people. San Stef is a family resort. No lager louts for instance which is great.The local people are very friendly as are the people who visit year after year. The beach is lovely and clean and the sea is gently shelving. The resort does consist of some hills but as well there are lots of properties on the flat. Most of the ones on the flat are only a short walk from the beach.
Do you prefer hotels or self catering apartments as the resort does offer both?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
 :-* thank you

so pleased to find help here....................
after the crete holiday, 30 minutes walk to beach, next to a main road ,planes every 30 minutes
3 ossie teans in room next door, plenty of drunk and late nights for them !!!!!
very relaxing holiday thank god for the pool and the sunshine......................
so now we check out places ,we found Ss via a tour operator but by the looks of it loads of you travel out with out,
not sure if we that brave yet
cant wait to find out more, like to be booked up  soon
cheers ps we just checked airports seems nearest is birmingham as we are in north notts

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »
What about East Midlands Airport or Robin Hood Airport near Doncaster.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
Tour operator wise in San Stef we have Thomsons and Portland amongst others.
There are lots of book your own flights and apartments seperately places . Look on the link below for San Stefanos travel who have quiet a few properties to book independently. :)

http://www.san-stefano.gr/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:13:56 PM by JULES T »

Offline strogs

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »
You beat me to it Jules, I was going to suggest East Midlands.  My sister has flown from there many times and had no problems

Offline TerryandJoy

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »
Yep, we flew from EMA last year, no probs whatsoever - even has an airside smoking 'cage' for us addicts.

As for accomodation I suggest a look at the usual interactive site http://corfu-info.com/main/san-stefanos-map.html.   As a rule of thumb the further away for the beach the more likely there is to be a climb, the exception being anything up towards the Romanza - that's near the beach and perched ontop of the cliff.   Brilliant views but if you don't want the climb avoid.   Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get to a beach access from anywhere in the resort.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
Hello there

Where are you in north Notts? we live on the border near Newark

As suggested East Midlands or Doncaster are the nearest for you

It all depends on if you want Self Catering or a Hotel holiday.

We have visited San Stef twice now and will be there again this year.
The plus side of self catering  for us is the renge of Taverna's you can eat in, as you will see from this site we all have our favorites.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday whatever you decide.

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50:02 AM »
Hi Ya Ducky,
I agree with all the above - we have been going here for last 26 years now and sometimes twice as it is the best chill-out resort known.
We have stayed in most of the self catering over the years, also travelled with thompsons many times as well.
"Private" Self Catering is easy and organised with a taxi from the Airport.
I advise get flights first, then check accomodation.
Most work on Mon-Mon some will do Fridays as well - but check first  what day of the week configeration the apartments can do - before booking the flight!!!
Try Noula at San Stefanos Travel and go for the Theodosia Apts (we are there this year), or Theodora Apts / Efi Apts both on the flat a 5 or 10 mins from the beach. The Athens Bar has Apts close to the Beach and so are Leonidis Apts. Michalis and Manthos have Apt's easy for the beach as well.
Good bets from Thompsons are Barras, Little Prince, Stamatis, or any of the Hotels, Nafsika, Athina (on Beach), Thomas Bay (no kids), lots of choice if you don't want "a commanding View" walking up ''death hill''!!to get there.
(not really as bad as that - but can be a mission in hot weather). Perros Hotel also nice 10 mins walk on the flat!
Enjoy - your weeks are a good time weather wise as well!!
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:46 PM »
we are at warsop about 30 minutes to newark.
So how long from airport is the place,
just looked at the utube video wonderful !!!!!
we found a two weeks holiday sc for just over £500 good price??
 had holiday dates conf. from work so now we can plan

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:08:13 PM »
Whereabouts have you settled on for staying? We always go end of August/ beginning of September as well as the kids are usually back at school by then . At this time the weather is still nice and hot as well. Last year was the best we have ever had for the weather as well.

Offline priestessuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 10:20:10 PM »
we could fly anytime after 27th of august
as long as I am back at work for the 16th of september

don

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 12:53:51 AM »
Tonyco 1..... where are you from? Duck/Duckie is a very well used endearment where we live. Obviously with a name like mine the term has that extra edge!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 01:51:03 AM »
Duck and Duckie are also from where I come from originally (Nottingham).
Not sure if Tony has just copied it from priestessuk or not who is from North Nottshttp://

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
Tonyco 1..... where are you from? Duck/Duckie is a very well used endearment where we live. Obviously with a name like mine the term has that extra edge!
What Donald Duckie?
Hi All - Well I did copy it from Priestess - hadn't heard it for a while now!!
But My Mother was a (deep South) Cornish Girl and often used the phrase, my Mothers Sister married a Yorkshire man and moved to Staineland near Halifax where they often used the term as well, My Dad came from East Ham, where the Cockneys called people Ducky a lot. However I am a bit of a mish-mash!!
I was born in Singapore - Dad worked there for 30 years - moved to Ealing (London west), age 3 - now live by Heathrow Airport, always fly from Gatwick, (unless long haul) Heathrow flights too expensive!!
Most of my relatives live in Sydney Au. - we went there last winter - went to surfers paradise - Know what - we loved Aussie overall - but we'd rather be on our San Stef beach!!
The trouble is - My heart and Linda's too, will always have a bit of San Stefanos in it - (see - I can do slushy!!).
I don't know if you are like us - we do 2-3 holidays a year - every time I go somewhere else - I now always compare it to Corfu.
Most of the time other resorts never match up. They may be better in many ways but San Stef has a certain charisma and character that you just don't get elsewhere - nothing beats the genuine friendly welcome the village offers here - and it's such a chill out!!
What do you think?
Tony C

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni