Author Topic: Easy Jet from Manchester  (Read 16043 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Easy Jet from Manchester
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:36:41 AM »
Good news for everyone in the Manchester area. Easy Jet are now going to be flying to Corfu from Manchester for this years holidays. I just looked as a matter of interest for our holiday time and the flights would have only been £204.00 altogether for the 2 of us for our 2 weeks at the end of August. This would have been fantastic as the flight only and seperate booking of accomodation has never been worth its while for us before. Something I will consider definitely for next year.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
THANK YOU EASY JET

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Jet from Manchester
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 02:54:19 AM »
Thanks for the info Jules & Don (via email)

Had a look at the site, very good prices indeed.
Cant get the full timetable for the flights to Corfu on the website,  I will ring to find this out.

Just one concern I can't find anything about Easyjet being covered by ATOL or ABTA  (or have missed it)

Sue
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
I think I read last weekend that they were not covered. BTW they charge you for everything you take on board, so expect to pay for taking your hankerchief/trousers etc!! My mate had a £1 flight to Italy and it ended up £146 for all the add ons.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »
Sue,
TheY definitely do not have ABTA or ATOL.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 02:47:59 AM »
Thanks for the info Jules & Don (via email)

Had a look at the site, very good prices indeed.
Cant get the full timetable for the flights to Corfu on the website,  I will ring to find this out.

Just one concern I can't find anything about Easyjet being covered by ATOL or ABTA  (or have missed it)

Sue

Sue - they don't need ABTA (association of British Travel Agents) or ATOL (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) as they are not either,
Travel Agents or Tour Operators.
Just Pay by Credit Card and you are covered. (Also travel Insurance).

I booked Easy Jet This Year - Gatwick - Corfu and Return of Course. £67 going out - £45 coming back -
plus their usual  ''Add-on's'' it worked out to just under £150 per person. Airport Transfers to be added!!
This compares well against, Thompson-fly, Thomas Cook, Monarch and a couple of others I got quotes for - All were £230+ (some a big +).
If not for this price I would have booked Thompsons again.
But this time I booked with San Stef Travel and got an Apartment through Noula.

I have stayed in many different apt's. all over the resort and also many times with thompsons, (Apt's and Hotels).
I don't think there's a great deal of difference overall, just personal preference usually,
but I only shower and sleep in the rooms so as long as clean - maintained - and friendly - no difference to me - Just the Price!!
I now have so many friends all over San Stef just through staying in different places,
and see many other return visitors each year!! This is just one reason the place is so great - no one gets upset if you stay elsewhere!!
(Well not so far!!). Have another Great Holiday - - -Tony C

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 02:56:21 AM »
With there prices from Manchester we may have 2 hols this year to San Stef - our usual at Teresa 28th August and maybe an independent one before then fingers crossed.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:24 PM »
You just have to watch Easyjet , as I notice that the prices go up as the plane fills up!!

don

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »
Just checked on current prices. Ours would be £402. We booked last month and paid £290 and that for the 2 of us and included speedy boarding.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 10:58:38 PM »
Just checked on current prices. Ours would be £402. We booked last month and paid £290 and that for the 2 of us and included speedy boarding.
I still think Speedy Boarding is a joke - we did it one year and loads more who didn't pay, got on the transfer bus with us and beat us to it!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 12:03:23 AM »
I still think Speedy Boarding is a joke - we did it one year and loads more who didn't pay, got on the transfer bus with us and beat us to it!!!
Just like paying for seats together we always get them anyway.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 03:12:08 AM »
I agree - we get well conned by these greedy airlines, as long as you are not the last few to check in - not a problem.
The biggest con was our holiday to Dalyan, via Dalaman Airport turkey, last october. Thomas cook flight, booked via another company.
Because of this they made it impossible to pre-pay for extra luggage - which was v/expensive anyway!! We took minimal clothing etc.
Seemed very well priced, until the return. We were only allowed 15Kg. for a 2 week holiday - almost impossible to stick to.
We copped a £35 charge coming home. They caught almost everyone - and quite nasty with it - I did laugh when a group of girls,
pulled back (no money left), and put on about 6 layers of clothing each to escape the charges!!
Thomas Cook - you should be ashamed of yourselves - 20kg should always be the base limit - most suitcases weigh 3.5Kg before you even start!
I now avoid them like the plague!!

don

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 12:55:06 PM »
I agree - we get well conned by these greedy airlines, as long as you are not the last few to check in - not a problem.
The biggest con was our holiday to Dalyan, via Dalaman Airport turkey, last october. Thomas cook flight, booked via another company.
Because of this they made it impossible to pre-pay for extra luggage - which was v/expensive anyway!! We took minimal clothing etc.
Seemed very well priced, until the return. We were only allowed 15Kg. for a 2 week holiday - almost impossible to stick to.
We copped a £35 charge coming home. They caught almost everyone - and quite nasty with it - I did laugh when a group of girls,
pulled back (no money left), and put on about 6 layers of clothing each to escape the charges!!
Thomas Cook - you should be ashamed of yourselves - 20kg should always be the base limit - most suitcases weigh 3.5Kg before you even start!

We got stung by them last year but were perplexed as we were underweight going out but over coming back. We had even dumped books, toiletries etc before packing for the return journey.  The "funny" part was that receipts were given but anyone could have been using them.... NO Company logo etc. The expanation given eas that it was a full crackdown by the airport? Baggage handling company - possibly. Greedy tour operator - definitely. The personnel taking the money - Thomas Cook reps. Is it their SCAM or the company? I have my opinion!   

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 12:57:45 AM »

We got stung by them last year but were perplexed as we were underweight going out but over coming back. We had even dumped books, toiletries etc before packing for the return journey.  The "funny" part was that receipts were given but anyone could have been using them.... NO Company logo etc. The expanation given eas that it was a full crackdown by the airport? Baggage handling company - possibly. Greedy tour operator - definitely. The personnel taking the money - Thomas Cook reps. Is it their SCAM or the company? I have my opinion!   
We bought a little lightweight scale for suitcases - brilliant - so we knew we were a little over - but it was a big rip-off!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni