Author Topic: Restaurants/bars quiz  (Read 152921 times)

don

Re: Restaurants/bars quiz
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
Must have used it or a cafeteria on that site for bacon butties while on our midday stroll.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
I think we had lunch in there on our first SS visit in 2000. It was ok :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
Wooooh   I won :P :P :P
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2009, 10:57:56 PM »
Ok little Miss Clever Clogs, AKA Our lovely YOUNG friend Sue what is the new one for us to solve?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2009, 02:21:03 AM »
Its funny how places come and go and some are soon forgotten until we get a little reminder like in this quiz. Thats what makes this site so good. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2009, 04:27:51 AM »
Its funny how places come and go and some are soon forgotten until we get a little reminder like in this quiz. Thats what makes this site so good. :)
I agree - this quiz made me think back and remember the very first year we went, we had a tight budget and no holiday booked.
We saw a Sunday Mail advert for a last min-booking, (el-cheapo), we arrived (just us two - kids left with mum), on a Greek Connection holiday, (it went Bust a few years later), Katie was the tour rep (Michaelis's wife - Karmini bar).
It was 1983, it was 05:00 in the morning off a night flight, there seemed to be nothing there.

(We had done Majorca the year before), I remember saying - "this is a mistake - this is going to be our worst ever holiday", We then found out it was the best place we had ever been to, and in those days there was just the Golden Beach Htl, Nafsika Htl, Manthos Taverna, Sunset Taverna, Barras (different name) and the Mini Market - with the attached Margarittas Cafe' bar.
That was it apart from an old VW Camper Van on the Beach called the Kantina for snacks and Water Sports, including Windsurfing, where a very young boy (pre-teen), made everyone look silly with his expertise - that was Leon & Capt. Nikos ran it all.
No Beach beds then either!!  We went to the Mini Market "Greek-Night" and Vasillias Spit roast a whole lamb over an open fire.
He put slits in it and inserted whole cloves of garlic. It was and still is the best Lamb we have ever had.
The Greek dancers that night were just the locals, with Capt. Nikos and his brother Spiros as the main attractions, and they were still the best we ever saw dance on Corfu, Nikos did Zorba's Dance and he was great at it.
Funny how such an impromptu night like that can burn such great memories, and make a lasting impact - we couldn't wait to get back the next year and we brought the kids as well - and we have all been going back ever since and seen it grow into what it is today.
San Stefanos attracts a certain kind of people and I guess we are those people - the idiots seem to steer clear thankfully!!!

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
San Stefanos attracts a certain kind of people and I guess we are those people - the idiots seem to steer clear thankfully!!!

We'll take that as a compliment then, even to our clothes lol

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »

No lager louts or idiots is great and really helps to keep SS a safe and special place.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2009, 07:55:37 AM »

No lager louts or idiots is great and really helps to keep SS a safe and special place.
It's a Yob free Zone - thanks to all the nice people (just like us) who go each year to set the standards!!

don

« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2009, 02:36:42 AM »
IDEAL STANDARD Hope not!!!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2009, 04:24:02 AM »
IDEAL STANDARD Hope not!!!!!
Who said ideal - LOL ;D ;D ;D

don

« Reply #221 on: March 01, 2009, 03:08:10 AM »
Is it Luton? Is it Roma? Was it from Chicago originally?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 01, 2009, 05:23:09 AM »
Try this one then :-X
He and his sister sit side by side ;D
Hi B T B (Tony), it has to be the little Prince, I know Dimitri & Pipina dance together,
failing that it is the olympia, where Stellios and Pipina work side by side.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni