Author Topic: Hello from the frozen uk  (Read 26314 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the frozen uk
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 07:02:42 PM »
Tonyco 1..... where are you from? Duck/Duckie is a very well used endearment where we live. Obviously with a name like mine the term has that extra edge!
Most of the time other resorts never match up. They may be better in many ways but San Stef has a certain charisma and character that you just don't get elsewhere - nothing beats the genuine friendly welcome the village offers here - and it's such a chill out!!
What do you think?
Tony C

Totally agree that wherever you might go it somehow never matches up to our San Stef. In many ways the place is unique in the way it can make you feel . The minute you arrive there you relax and settle in to the village ways which is truly amazing. I can't think of anywhere that would make you feel like this :) :D 8)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 07:24:17 PM »
For us true San Stef Lovers - that say's it all!! So True!!
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 02:27:34 AM »
Frozen Uk too true. We have a motorised 3 way port on our CH system. It has just packed up. Typical when icy gales and snow are forecast. Any one know a good CH engineer? 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »
We just had a new C/H boiler - Worcester Bosch fitted (3 months ago) with honeywell controls - so efficient and the best on the market -
fully pumped system installed by a great firm  - really good price - bad news is you are too far away!!
Thinking of you freezing while we bask in Corfu-like winter heating here at Heathrow.
& Sorry that it was completely useless to you!!
Tony C

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
I hope you get it sorted Don as you have said cold weather is due back again. We really must get a new boiler before ours packs in but at least we have central heating cover for any breakdowns. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »
Just started to rain here in Cheshire and I've just washed the car - typical!! >:(

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 09:07:53 PM »
I got home from work today at 1.30pm - (up since 04:30) intending to walk the dogs immediately as usual - weather not too bad,
Sods law - I fell asleep in the chair reading the paper, woke up at 4:30pm starting to get dark,
I split my wellies at the side of the foot, putting them on in a rush, so I put on the waterproof walking shoes,
rushed to the park with the dogs for the daily walk.
Now V/Cold biting wind - walked into the park - and found it was partially flooded - over top of my shoes as I tried to tip-toe through it.
Now I am cold with wet feet - (dogs didn't give a ****!), and it had to happen - Artic Rain - tropical fashion - got soaked!!
Going back - I got more cold wet feet - shoes were now an icy foot spa! Had to wash the dogs legs and hot shower to warm up!
Thank god I changed my Boiler - as the old Gloworm used to go out with any puff of wind and not re-light without a strip-down.
Now wishing I was on a certain beach and the sun was warming me nicely - if I could do my job in Corfu I would think about a move!!
Roll on the Summer - doe's anyone think we'll get a decent one this year in the UK? - Last year - Summer was a wash-out!!
Tony C

don

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 11:44:45 PM »
Very cold here. Central heating still kaput. If these tradesmen are all struggling how come every plumber I phone take a sharp intake of breath and says "sometime next week mate."
Still on the cold, I left work this afternoon in the pouring rain and some woman waving her brolly about as she talked to her mate caught my coat with her brolly causing a large tear. I said "excuse me!" to whifh the reply was "**** *** before I stab you." Still waiting on our glorious constabulary. Bet she's well gone now!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »
Poor you Don. She sounds a complete and utter s@@t. It was her fault and she made it sound like it was yours. Lets hope the police catch her before she carries out her threat on some other poor unsuspecting soul.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 02:26:10 AM »
"Brolly Attack"  what ever next I ask.  Is the world a safe place to be)
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:19 AM »
Why do women always want to stab Don Up!!
At last count he had 32 knives and a Brolly sticking out of his back!!
Don - Time to change the aftershave mate - - - - Hi Karate is a dangerous one to wear - go back to Brut or Old Spice!!
Tony C

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni