Author Topic: San Stefanos Travel  (Read 12241 times)

Offline vikki

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
San Stefanos Travel
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
 Hello everyone

I have been trying to get an online quote for accommodation in SS,but have had no reply.
Does anyone know if they are working through the winter??

You guys have already booked up for this year,I'm beginning to panic!!!!!

Any comments on the Efi Garden pool and apartments?? They look very nice on the SSTravel website.

Do I book flight first or accom? I'm a bit nervous about doing this independently.

Any ideas or helpful hints??

Cheers Vikki

Happy New Year to all.

My kids keep hassling me..mum, when are we going back to Greece??

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos Travel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
Hi Vikki
We have been travelling to San Stefanos for 27 years now this year, and done a mix of independant travel or Thompsons.
Book your flights first definately - you will always find accomodation!! (** But see below)
We do it on who ever is cheapest each year.
This year we have just booked our Flights for early July with EasyJet - £58 out and £45 return.
I have booked apartments with Noula of San Stefanos Travel. She will be home again on the 4th Jan - Tommorrow.

Last year when we went may/june - Thompsons basic price was £302 for the barras apts for example - when we went - this year the prices are about £150 dearer per person, so stuff 'em. I have gone independant again - but it all depends on the price of the flights!!

** Just check if the accomodation runs Monday - Monday (lots of Apts do this option),
or Fri-Fri for example before you book a flight!!
Book early to secure cheap flights!!
The Efi Apts are nice - most Apt's in San Stef are quite similar in most respects, some are very basic.
I hope this helps - have a good holiday!!
Regards
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

don

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »
Hello everyone

I have been trying to get an online quote for accommodation in SS,but have had no reply.
Does anyone know if they are working through the winter??

You guys have already booked up for this year,I'm beginning to panic!!!!!

Any comments on the Efi Garden pool and apartments?? They look very nice on the SSTravel website.

Do I book flight first or accom? I'm a bit nervous about doing this independently.

Any ideas or helpful hints??

Cheers Vikki

Happy New Year to all.

My kids keep hassling me..mum, when are we going back to Greece??

Vikki - This is what I wrote after staying at the Efi last june/july. Hope it helps.

Efi was exceptionally quiet. There was the family who own it, a british couple on long term rental, a british gentleman again on long term and a TO rep and the Nafsika barman. Then there were the 2 of us. The peace was brilliant, for long periods we had the pool area to ourselves.
The apartments themselves were basic but cleaned very well every other day. The pool bar was open from 10.00am until 20.00pm and glenn the bar person was a great bundle of laughs. His wife Mel is a really good nail artist for you girls. If you don't stay there pop along

Offline fannymarie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »
Noula has been away on her holidays so has only just retiurned to the office . I had email from her last week regarding my holiday apartment so try again .

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 02:04:34 AM »
I have conversed with Noula a few times in the last week or so and she is around now - definately!!
Tony c

Offline vikki

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Hello all.

Thanks for all the replies. I have now heard back from Noula regarding my enquiry.

Its a toss up whether we stay at Angelos, Theodisia or Dimitra. Hubby prefers the look of Angelos (typical its 100 euros more expensive than the other two!!).

Only trouble is that flights from Luton work out so expensive. I don't know why they ask the ages of any children as they pay full adults fare anyway!!!!  (moan over!!) We only live 25 mins from the airport and hubby can park his car at work (so it saves on car parking costs).

I will let you know my progress.

Speak soon

Vikki

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 02:47:52 AM »
We have booked Theodosia - fairly new and Aircon - v/close to beach and on the flat.
The others are up the hill - V/Nice but I can't face the climb home after a few beers!!
All Noula's Apartments are V/Nice so take your pick.
Tony

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni