Author Topic: thomas bay hotel  (Read 61808 times)

zoe

thomas bay hotel
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:37:10 AM »
can anybody help we stayed at thomas bay hotel in october and had a room with a shower we have booked for june 2009 but for a room with a bath has anyone booked and could tell me if the rooms with the baths are at the front of the hotel as the frogs will be in full song when we go and dont want a stream side room also has anyone the phone no for hotel happy christmas everyone zoe

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: thomas bay hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »
can anybody help we stayed at thomas bay hotel in october and had a room with a shower we have booked for june 2009 but for a room with a bath has anyone booked and could tell me if the rooms with the baths are at the front of the hotel as the frogs will be in full song when we go and dont want a stream side room also has anyone the phone no for hotel happy christmas everyone zoe

Those cute little frogs!!
Thomas Bay Number is - - - - 0030 26630 51353

Ask to speak to George as he's very helpful, and please give him my best regards
Tony & Linda Cox
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

zoe

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
tony thanks for the help cant wait to go back zoe

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »
tony thanks for the help cant wait to go back zoe
Pleasure - Have a good one - we can't stay there this year as we are taking our grandson, so apartment instead.
Never mind -
Tony

Offline peter

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »
is the noise of the frogs really that bad there at night

don

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »
No, but then again we are probably immunised against it now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:06:57 PM by don »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:47:46 AM »
is the noise of the frogs really that bad there at night
Like Don - really our opinion is the same - -
We stayed in the Barras 2 years back, (next door to Thom/Bay - backing onto the other side of the stream),
and we only noticed it as back-ground noise and after a few cocktails - what frog's?
I think certain times of the year in full blown mating season - possibly - but we were fine - not too bad.
I have heard others complain, though!!
Tony C

Offline fannymarie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »
hello,

As far as i am aware there are no baths at the thomas bay , i have been staying for over 10 years now.

The telephone number for the hotel is +302663051353 fax +302663051913 and email thomasbayhotel@hotmail.com

hope this helps

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 03:22:53 AM »
I must admit - I never had a room with a bath either.

It would be nice if they put little fridges in the rooms to keep your water cool.
I did suggest it to Nikos, so if enough people also suggest it to any of the Management team - who knows.

In fact they do listen to their customers in the Thomas Bay, as in 1999, when I stayed there,
they never had proper escape bars on the emergency exits at the end of the corridors, at the back of the building.
They also used to lock these doors at night - just in case any rooms were broken into.
They said it was to prevent thefts as there had been a flurry of Albanians coming over to do thefts from Hotels & Villas',
in the surrounding area's, like Sidari. A disaster if there was a fire of course!!
(Even Capt. Nickos had his boat stolen one year from the Harbour).
I was a fire trainer in those days for my company, I had a chat with Val and glad to say he listened eventually,
(maybe because Thompsons rep got involved), and they then fitted the proper escape bars within days!!
Luckily the locals and police then sorted the insurgents out and of course things have now gone back to being sleepy hollow & crime free again.
In fairness - I have never heard of any actual incidents where tourists have suffered crime in the resort anyway.
One of the reasons I always feel so safe in this place!!
Tony C

zoe

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
looks like thomsons are offering thing that they dont even have but im not going to worry as everything else makes it a great holiday the only place we have felt so chilled is stegna on rhodes but kosmar put an end to that cant wait till june 5 to get back to san stef

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 02:45:23 PM »
In fact the only crime we are aware of was when someone (English) was passing forged bank notes when Greece was still with the Drachma. The police came and got him from the apartments. Not sure if he had done a deal or was just a silly bloke trying to impress someone or not. >:(
It was the last day of there holiday so don't know what happened after that.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:07 AM »
I always feel safe walking around San Stefanos and happy to let my son wander around as he grew up.
That hasn't changed - - However - what happened to Willys Wash House is a kind of crime, morally at least.

Anyway - I can't let these kind of things influence me too much as the majority of people in San Stefanos are genuinely lovely people.
Tony C

don

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:29:55 AM »
Just look how many people go back to San Stefanos out of choice and you will see that you have made the best choice possible.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 03:47:35 AM »
You are right - but San Stefanos is sometimes like a big soap opera - lots of twists and turns and surprises thrown in.
All part of the appeal I suppose - my trouble is I always like to see the underdog come out Ok.
However - life goes on and we must move on as well - be nice to see WWH rise again - but if not - nothing we can do anyway.
I have no connection with the WWH crew - except they were nice people, shared a couple of beers in Bar38 with them,
so I wish them well and hope they will be doing my laundry again in 09 - but somehow I doubt it.
I intend to arrive in San Stefanos in July - and get on with the serious business of enjoying our latest holiday there,
check out all the changes and chill out, meet all our old village friends - catch up on the goss!!!
(always lots will have happened during the time away).
My first job will be to unpack very quickly, and get a Mythos - thats when I know the holiday has really started.
TonyC

don

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:11 PM »
Let me know what time, which bar and I'll have two pints waiting for you. The first as an extremely quick thirst quencher to get that travel out of your throat. The second savoured for every subtle nuance of flavour, every facet of its fine bouquet, and if thats not enough just swig it back  :P

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni