Author Topic: Taxi transfer  (Read 10923 times)

Offline Margtee

• View Profile
Taxi transfer
« on: October 26, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
Have just returned from our first holiday in San Stefanos.   

Before we went we had arranged, via this site, to share a taxi from the airport to SS.   We had never met the other couple before but we did exchange pics of ourselves to make it easier for meeting.  However, as we went through the door at the airport a voice behind me said "Hello Margaret" and hey presto we had met the other people for the taxi - that was really incredible that we did not have to go searching for other.    As it was the plane was delayed for almost 4 hours at Exeter so when we landed in Corfu we were glad we did not have a coach journey to endure.   I think from the time we landed, got our baggage, saw our rep, and got our taxi to the hotel it was no more than about an hour - well worth every euro!

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our holiday, very relaxing and beautiful weather. Sun shone every day for 14 days,  a bit cloudy on 2 days but still very warm.    We stayed at Thomas Bay and thought it was in an ideal location.  The staff were excellent, room was good although the bathroom could do with a bit of an update, maybe longer shower curtains or deeper shower trays!   I thought San Stef was very British orientated, every taverna seemed to do full English breakfasts, as well as a lot of other English meals during the day.    However, we had the choice in the hotel of trying their local food which was good.  We went to other areas on the north of the island, for some reason there did not seem to be any trips to the south of the island but nonetheless most times  we went out we were glad to get back to San Stef (particularly after our visit to Sidari).   

All in all a good holiday, maybe we will return there again some time but I do not think we got addicted enough to make it our haven for the next few years as we like to see different places and experience different cultures. 

don

Re: Taxi transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:32:42 PM »
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Have to agree it is the perfect place for relaxation.  The SHOWERS , now they are really something and that goes for everywhere we have stayed in the village.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »
Hi All - when we arrive this year we need a transfer - I am trying to work out the best for us.
4 adults and a 3 year old. Anyone know if a Taxi would be enough?
also what is the Max Number of suitcases a taxi will take? as we will have 5.
The Alternative is a mini bus and that is double the price, so unless we can share a mini bus it's an expensive way to do it!!
Anyone have any suggestions?
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
Hi Tony,
See the forum set up under the where to stay banner (child boards). I think this has been set up to post in for asking for anyone to share. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »
Hi All - when we arrive this year we need a transfer - I am trying to work out the best for us.
The Alternative is a mini bus and that is double the price, so unless we can share a mini bus it's an expensive way to do it!!
Tony

Tony, try Noula at San Stef travel. We pay €100 return for taxi transfers but a reduced rate ifthe two of us have to share a minibus with others. What a minibus it is too! 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 04:22:20 AM »
Tony

Tony, try Noula at San Stef travel. We pay €100 return for taxi transfers but a reduced rate ifthe two of us have to share a minibus with others. What a minibus it is too! 

Thanks Don
We have booked a transfer now with Noula - and she thinks she can co-ordinate a share - I Hope!!
See you in San Stef if you have 2 weeks booked!!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni