Author Topic: Big Yellow hotel  (Read 58453 times)

LILOLIL

Big Yellow hotel
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:05:51 AM »
Have been reading on another site about the big yellow hotel.It always reminds me of the hotel from the shining/jack nicholson maybe not so big. Imagine a caretakers job there in the winter anyone interested.Nice to see the lovely friendly forum back to normal,many thanks.

don

Re: Big Yellow hotel
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:12:46 AM »
It seems to have captured peoples imagination in a "gothic horror" kind of way. We have gazed at it for years but never ventured as far as looking at it. Sorry! Can't watch horror movies !

Could be fun thinking of who could you imagine staying there. Or, who would you condemn to staying there! Now that could haunt your thoughts! Anyone up for a visit on the 31st? 

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:48:00 AM »
I'll go if you will Don!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

What about John & Sandra?

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:09:18 PM »
We had a walk up to the hotel when we were there in September. It was creepy enough in the sunshine and there is no way that I would go in the dark!!

It's all very sad really. The bedrooms are all fully furnished - beds made, pictures on walls, tvs, etc - which makes it all the more eerie. If the rooms had been empty it may have felt less spooky.

The grounds are very overgrown and the hotel has been broken into so you can go inside (we didn't dare!). There are a few bits of furniture lying outside and a couple of TV's broken up.

It could be a lovely place but the money needed to 'fix' it would be enourmous. The building is now starting to decay and over time it is going to become more of a wreck, and with it being the largest building in SS, will become a blot on the beautiful landscape.

Offline kemo

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
We had a walk up there in september but did not venture inside.There was someone inside and it appeared as they were sleeping there, they did a quick disappearing act when they saw us outside.

Offline TerryandJoy

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »
I thnk we were in San Stef the same time as you Kemo and I agree, there was someone inside.   We could see the hotel clearly from the Tsaros and the shutters were open on one room on the upper floor and there was washing hung over the balcony.

Offline Tony S

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 03:29:59 PM »
Damn does that mean I'll have to pay for my accommodation next year!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Bye Bye Aaron and good luck

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »
I thnk we were in San Stef the same time as you Kemo and I agree, there was someone inside.   We could see the hotel clearly from the Tsaros and the shutters were open on one room on the upper floor and there was washing hung over the balcony.

Terry, I also had a good view of the yellow hotel from the Athina and I could see the upper floor room with the shutters open. We were told by a waiter at one of the restaurants in SS that squatters often stayed in there and that over the coming winter all the furniture, fittings etc will disappear[not sure what he meant by that].

Offline TerryandJoy

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »
that over the coming winter all the furniture, fittings etc will disappear[not sure what he meant by that].

I've a pretty good idea what he meant!! ;D  Guess the surprising thing is that it hasn't happened already.

don

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:44 PM »
that over the coming winter all the furniture, fittings etc will disappear[not sure what he meant by that].

I've a pretty good idea what he meant!! ;D  Guess the surprising thing is that it hasn't happened already.

PSSST   Anyone want to buy a tele, fridge anyone, hardly used, yours for €20 .

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 12:16:16 AM »
Makes you wonder why all the stuff wasn't removed when it was closed down.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 12:20:30 AM »
Hi Don & Terry, it seems we are all thinking the same thing! ;D ;D

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 03:38:20 AM »

We would send them ahead with the Most Haunted Team  "Is There Anybody There" ::) ::) ::) ::)
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 10:53:31 PM »

We would send them ahead with the Most Haunted Team  "Is There Anybody There" ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON Be FRIDAY  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni