Author Topic: who's booked for next year ?  (Read 60752 times)

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: who's booked for next year ?
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 03:41:22 PM »
Hi Guys
I'm booked to go on 27th July, We stayed in Arillas 2 years ago and spent a day in San Stefanos and just had to come back! We're staying at Kapitanios Apts, Myself my wife and 2 kids one 17 and one 4 (don't ask! lol) :P Any info on the apartments and area would be great thanks in anticipation and roll on July! 
Colin
 8)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »
Hi Guys
I'm booked to go on 27th July, We stayed in Arillas 2 years ago and spent a day in San Stefanos and just had to come back! We're staying at Kapitanios Apts, Myself my wife and 2 kids one 17 and one 4 (don't ask! lol) :P Any info on the apartments and area would be great thanks in anticipation and roll on July! 
Colin
 8)
Colin - you are going to have the best time!!! The 4 year old will love the beach or pool life, and the 17 year old will not get bored once you have settled in, go to the Condor and get the feel of the place in the evening, Teens make friends there easily and you can always find them!! We still go there some evenings, as it suits all ages!

Kapitanios Apts are up the hill (on the way to Avliotes Village), just a few metres up from Teressa's Apts, very good reports on these from all.
You kids will both enjoy it as well, my son often tagged along with us over the years, on his own, (which seemed strange to a lot of people),
from 17 through until he married at 26. The local "kids" are all really friendly if anyone is bothered to talk to them and he made many lasting friendships.
As he got older he would pal up with someone to go clubbing in Sidari as well.
He is returning this year with his wife and son - going with us so we can babysit of course!! Mark was 4 when he first went.
The point I am making is that as strict as we were with him at home as he grew up, we never felt unsafe or worried about him in San Stefanos, or felt he may get into any trouble - a great recommendation for this place.
So yes you will have to hike up the hill, but you won't be sorry and will soon get used to it. Great views as well and only a five m,inute walk down to the centre or the beach.
TonyC
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Colin

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »
Hi Tony
Thanks for that! it sounds ideal! We enjoy the 'lazy' type of Holiday and like nothing more than going out of an Evening and sampling a bit of everything that is on offer, fortunately the kids don't need a lot of entertaining, but Michael the eldest is a friendly lad and will make friends easily if need be.
Thanks again for the info much appreciated!
Colin

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »
You're most welcome

Offline Terri

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
Helloooooo everyone!  I've just found this website and it's superb.  My hubby used to visit San Stefanos with his parents when he was a boy and has carried on the tradition with taking me and our three girls over the years.  We usually stay with Speros at the Nafsika and we're due for another visit this May half term.  Can't wait!  ;D

don

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »
Hi Terri and welcome. You should find this site both informative and a bit of a laugh. It seems a lot more laid back than a lot of other fora  (just learned a latin word!) It is a good little community. Enjoy it!  ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »
Helloooooo everyone!  I've just found this website and it's superb.  My hubby used to visit San Stefanos with his parents when he was a boy and has carried on the tradition with taking me and our three girls over the years.  We usually stay with Speros at the Nafsika and we're due for another visit this May half term.  Can't wait!  ;D
Absolutely - have a good time and welcome.
Give our regards to George, maybe he will crack a smile. He was supposed to have retired years ago but can't get away from it.
Speros has not changed a lot over the years, but he leads an interesting lifestyle!!
I believe Vangellis is still working there as a waiter, if so say hello to him from us.
Tony & Linda

don

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:58 PM »
Give our regards to George, maybe he will crack a smile. He was supposed to have retired years ago but can't get away from it.
Speros has not changed a lot over the years, but he leads an interesting lifestyle!!
I believe Vangellis is still working there as a waiter, if so say hello to him from us.
Tony & Linda

Have yo ever stayed at Vangeli's apartments? How far up the hill are they?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »
Tony & Linda

100 metres up a steep hill above the Helena Supermarket (closed now).
Not far from Theo's Apts.
(Theo's son is Nikos from Thomas Bay, his daughter (mental block on her name) who used to work reception, now works with Noula these days)

don

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 12:16:48 AM »
Tony & Linda

(Theo's son is Nikos from Thomas Bay, his daughter (mental block on her name) who used to work reception, now works with Noula these days)

AAAH!! The lovely Irene.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 02:59:34 AM »
Tony & Linda

AAAH!! The lovely Irene.
How could I forget!! - - Bit jet-lagged today - finished working Night shift mon morning - went to a meeting Mon afternoon & Evening -
then up early Tues (today) and another meeting before I started an 8 hour shift at 13:00 - need that holiday -
still I get a week of next weekend (fri-thurs) - - -never mind!!

don

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 12:58:59 PM »
Tony & Linda

AAAH!! The lovely Irene.
How could I forget!! - - Bit jet-lagged today - finished working Night shift mon morning - went to a meeting Mon afternoon & Evening -
then up early Tues (today) and another meeting before I started an 8 hour shift at 13:00 - need that holiday -

Week off for me. Do a bit next week then a week in Tenerife. Supposed to be a restful week this week. Sandra bought me a USB turntable so busy digitalising my record collection. Also washing, baking, cleaning and whatever arduous task my dear wife sets me!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:16 PM »
Tony & Linda

AAAH!! The lovely Irene.

Week off for me. Do a bit next week then a week in Tenerife. Supposed to be a restful week this week. Sandra bought me a USB turntable so busy digitalising my record collection. Also washing, baking, cleaning and whatever arduous task my dear wife sets me!
Yes - I know that feeling - us poor hardworking men are not allowed any "ME" time!!

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »
What rubbish are you 2 talking about  "ME" time  ??? ??? ???
Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
I agree Sue -the men have far more "ME" time than us mortal women will ever do. ;) :P
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni