Author Topic: is there any nightlife?  (Read 32235 times)

BARPOLO

is there any nightlife?
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:48:28 PM »
Two shy guys (early twenties) coming out for 2 weeks holiday at the beginning of June.Any suggestions of where to go?

Offline Martin

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: is there any nightlife?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:21:31 PM »
It's been a couple of years since we were iin San Stefanos but its not long until we return, when we were there last time there was a bar with a dj on the main street not sure what it was called next to the mexican restaurant which also had Karaoke nights, we usually went into Athens bar most evenings as there is always a warm welcome and it also showed the football etc.

If you want nightclubs etc you will have to get a taxi to Sidari, not my idea of a good night out but each to there own :)

don

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
It's been a couple of years since we were iin San Stefanos but its not long until we return, when we were there last time there was a bar with a dj on the main street not sure what it was called next to the mexican restaurant which also had Karaoke nights, we usually went into Athens bar most evenings as there is always a warm welcome and it also showed the football etc.

If you want nightclubs etc you will have to get a taxi to Sidari, not my idea of a good night out but each to there own :)
Think you mean the Condor. Local entertainment includes live acts at Bar38 (info@bar38.gr) should give you an idea. Thomas Bay does quizzes, bingo and a killer karaoke (some really poor singers - you need to be there when Dominic and my wife get up).
If self catering you will probably spend long leisurely nights over your meal. Try Barras on a wednesday and Sunset Taverna on a Sunday for good food, Greek dancing and audience participation. It may not sound good but ask anyone and they will say that is why they visit San Stef year after year after year.
ENJOY 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:44:54 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 12:47:51 AM »
Two shy guys (early twenties) coming out for 2 weeks holiday at the beginning of June.Any suggestions of where to go?
Where are you staying in San Stefanos?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline bluenosejock1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
WOW ... is the condor still going ? I have pictures from when i was last there (around 8 years ago lol) It was excellent fun and they did this cocktail called frog eyes or green eyes or something ... Such fond memories   ;D
I shine but do not burn

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:17:50 AM »

Hi BarPolo
Two Guys in your early twenties. I don't know what you guys like or want, being brutally honest, unless you are going for a quiet holiday,
San Stefanos may not be your ideal place.
You would be better placed in Sidari, especially if you are on the hunt for lots of girls. There may be a few around - but you need to be quite lucky.
San Stefanos is not the place to go, just to get out of your head, (mind you - I have wobbled back to the apartment a few times!!),
but if you just want to chill out and are laid back - you may well like it.
I am sure you're not like the following, or you wouldn't have bothered to write here, but, it's not a "Larger-Lout" type of place,
as no one appreciates that kind of anti-social behaviour, especially the locals.

However all is not lost!! My son (now 28 & married), used to love it here a few years back, as a single guy.
He was here most years until he was 24/25 and has been back since with his wife.
Surprisingly (well we thought so), he would often tag along if we were coming out, on his own, and he loved to (still does), go to Caesar's Nightclub in Sidari.
He got to know the local lads, over the years and would pal up with one or more of them, or friends met on holiday, and share a Taxi there and back.
or get a lift there and a Taxi back - Sidari has lots of Music Bars etc,etc. & is a busy buzzing place, but nothing like as crazy as Kavos, which is more 18-30 club.

Go and have an afternoon drink and snack in the Havana Beach Bar (up the beach a bit - towards the nudie beach - 2nd Beach Bar), it has a volly-ball court
outside it. The older waiter / Bar Manager called Spiros (they'e all called Spiros in the Havana), who has a slightly deformed hand, is also the DJ at Caesar's.
Chat with him and he will put you right, (He's a top DJ I am told), in fact Spiros is a totally nice and brilliantly helpful guy.
The other lads there, are also very friendly and will give you some idea's.
Also, besides the Condor, a nice disco-bar, try the Athens Bar. The younger set tend to hang there as well and they play appropriately good music.
Hope it works well for you - enjoy your holiday - Tony C

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Junie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »
Just got back from spending nearly everynight in Bar38 with Spiros,Hilary and Gorgeous George.What a friendly place and Spiros does some wicked cocktails.Zorbas and Little Prince seem to be the place for Greek Dancing.The Mexican seems to be in the process of refurbishing and the Condor is the place for tribute acts.
Wish I was still in Bar38 :'(

don

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »
Just got back from spending nearly everynight in Bar38 with Spiros,Hilary and Gorgeous George.What a friendly place and Spiros does some wicked cocktails.Zorbas and Little Prince seem to be the place for Greek Dancing.The Mexican seems to be in the process of refurbishing and the Condor is the place for tribute acts.
Wish I was still in Bar38 :'(

So junie, we must have crossed paths in bar 38. Quiz nights Mick poked fun at where I work. We got back at 7.00am today after 18 days of sun and fun.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:20:22 AM by don »

Offline Junie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 01:43:52 AM »
We probably did...I was one half of Caprice and Jordan and my mate got up and Greek Danced by herself!
My lad was always playing pool by himself mostly and my daughter lusted after George!lol
Mick told me to....no I better not go there I might upset somebody on here.lol

don

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 11:59:07 PM »
Nightlife? We still haven't found any daylife. As for wildlife forget it!!! Alternatively go to Sidari lol

don

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 09:21:11 AM »
Has anything changed?

2 days from San Stefanos!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 02:31:18 AM »
Nightlife? We still haven't found any daylife. As for wildlife forget it!!! Alternatively go to Sidari lol
See you in the Foam-Bar then Don!! LOL

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 02:32:48 AM »
Has anything changed?

Well yes - I heard today that they are boarding up all the doors and windows, in honour of your imminent arrival!! LOL

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
Has anything changed?

Well yes - I heard today that they are boarding up all the doors and windows, in honour of your imminent arrival!! LOL
Goodness knows what measures they will need to take for you then Tony !!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »
Has anything changed?

Goodness knows what measures they will need to take for you then Tony !!
No Problem - I am Family now - and to think they say - you can't choose your family - - - LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni