Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 13746 times)

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
The BBC
« on: October 12, 2023, 12:28:54 PM »
The BBC refuse to label Hamas as terrorists.  Any body who thinks that is not on the same planet as myself.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 09:27:39 PM by Charlie »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The BBC is a disgrace
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 01:11:42 PM »
The BBC should not label any organisation anything. It's not its job.

There have been countless people on radio and TV saying that Hamas is a terrorist organisation. There have also been some saying that bombing a densely-packed region with a population of two million, half of whom are children, constitutes a war crime. Cutting off water, food and fuel is a breach of the Geneva Convention, and that's a fact, not a label or an opinion.

My view is that this is ghastly nightmare of human suffering perpetrated by two sides both of whom are terrorists.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 05:57:32 PM »
Maybe BBC News however if you listened to Jeremey Vine on Radio 2 today then you could say otherwise regarding the overall coverage of BBC. Personally having repp'ed there in mid 80's I also have my own ideas as a single woman being stripped searched at the airport etc etc.....

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 06:31:52 PM »
The BBC refuse to label Hamas terrorists after its attacks on Israel is a disgrace.
It’s time that this useless government sorted them out.

Same old, same old Charlie. Apparently the BBC report the news as it is and leave the listener/reader/watcher to decide if they're terrorists or not. Okay I'll go along with that but what about consistency? When it suits, BBC presenters are more than happy to spout their view which clearly bends one way or t'other and leaving us in no doubt whose side their on or what view they have. 
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 08:39:29 PM »
Sometimes as a reporter it's hard to remain dispassionate. I spent many weeks in Tel Aviv working on a film, living with the Israeli director, and went to Gaza. There, alongside a beautiful Mediterranean beach, were people living in densely-packed tiny shacks made of cardboard. The contrast between that and the high-rise buildings of Tel Aviv certainly made an impression upon me. I am glad I'm not having to report from the houses where babies were massacred or a music festival where young people were gunned down. But we react to that because it's horribly personal, and it's dangerous to think that raining bombs on a city is somehow different. Surely we can and should condemn evil atrocities whomsoever commits them?

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 09:08:46 PM »
Same old, same old Charlie. Apparently the BBC report the news as it is and leave the listener/reader/watcher to decide if they're terrorists or not. Okay I'll go along with that but what about consistency? When it suits, BBC presenters are more than happy to spout their view which clearly bends one way or t'other and leaving us in no doubt whose side their on or what view they have. 

What is the same.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The BBC
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 01:58:41 AM »
The BBC Charlie.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 01:28:41 AM »
Should all do as you were told and go to GB News... BoJo and FarR await you...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 02:18:09 AM »
Otherwise known as The Beano!

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2023, 03:32:44 PM »
Otherwise known as The Beano!

Is Bojo going to be "Roger the dodger"? What about Nigel?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2023, 09:03:33 PM »
He looks a bit like Biffo the Bear, only less intelligent.

Offline Glenn1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 08:50:27 PM »
Hi am I the only person who feels these posts are in the wrong section of this forum,and that they should be in the tavern section.
The events in Gaza and Israel are truly awful and I am sure everyone would condemn the actions on Both sides and it's a problem that I am not qualified to solve or have a definitive opinion on, however I have looked at the forum today to read news about a place that I love traveling to and to have a bit of an escape from the news  not to decipher what someone classes as a terrorist organisation or not so come on guys and girls take it down to the tavern  :)

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 02:09:52 AM »
Hi am I the only person who feels these posts are in the wrong section of this forum,and that they should be in the tavern section.
The events in Gaza and Israel are truly awful and I am sure everyone would condemn the actions on Both sides and it's a problem that I am not qualified to solve or have a definitive opinion on, however I have looked at the forum today to read news about a place that I love traveling to and to have a bit of an escape from the news  not to decipher what someone classes as a terrorist organisation or not so come on guys and girls take it down to the tavern  :)

A bit more information Glenn1 (or is this another version of Charlie???)?

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 02:13:42 AM »
Apologies Glenn I see you are in the right place and accept you should have it discussed wherever you want...   

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 04:14:52 PM »
My apologies Glen you are right this topic should have been posted elsewhere.

I did try to remove this post once l realised my mistake, but was unable to.

My apologies once again.

Perhaps Jimbo who is much more able than myself could sort it.

Dementia is not an excuse, but it does sometimes muddle the mind.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 04:20:11 PM by Charlie »

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni