Author Topic: Taking Medications in to Corfu  (Read 6353 times)

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Taking Medications in to Corfu
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:39:56 AM »
Good Morning All, I am travelling to AS in May and it will be the first time I have visited since being diagnosed with a chronic illness needing multiple medications, looking at Gov web site Greece is very strict on amounts. What is Corfu like since Brexit . I know we used to breeze through security . Any advice would be welcome.

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Taking Medications in to Corfu
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 01:20:19 PM »
Duncan and I both take multiple medications into Corfu, but they’ve never been checked. We always have them in our hand luggage, and I carry a copy of my prescription as I’m on co-codamol and dihydrocodeine, which are problematic in Greece. I don’t think you need to be concerned as long as you have a legitimate prescription.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:12:30 PM »
We also take loads of pills. Keep them in their labelled packaging. I have never seen any bags be searched at Corfu, and anyway they'll only care if it looks like you're dealing.

If any problems arise the pharmacy in Sidari will sell you most things over the counter - but not opiates such as codeine. The clinic in Ag Stef is very efficient and if all else fails the doctor will assist.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 06:50:49 PM »
Thank you for your reassuring answers  ;)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni