Author Topic: October  (Read 17032 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
October
« on: July 22, 2022, 01:58:45 AM »
Just would like to ask the question - would anyone book for October?  I would like to book for early October but hubby is saying it is too risky weather wise.  We have had lots of holidays in San Stefanos but not in October.  Would anyone else take the risk?   :-\

Offline John

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: October
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 09:24:37 AM »
I have many times.  Lovely by day but cooler in the evenings.  The sea is very warm then.
Enjoy I would certainly go early October.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 12:49:12 PM »
As John says we have been in early October and its very good but with an increased risk of precipitation. Quieter too if you like that and some places shut.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 02:02:57 PM »
A couple of ways I would look at it; you never really know until you try it, but you also need to be able to afford it not to work out. I think if you go with the idea it might not be all good, but will find some way to enjoy it regardless, you will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out fantastic. Being quite would be more relaxing for us so long as there is some place(s) open. I’m sure there will be other historical weather sites, but this is Accuweather temperatures for Mathraki Oct21.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Corixa

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 02:50:43 PM »
We were there last week sep first week oct 2019 and the weather ranged from hot and windy to one of the biggest thunderstorms I have seen. Power was out in the village for 2 days, we had to pack in the dark for our journey back.

But it was a great 2 weeks and we are booked for the same period this year.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 05:41:47 PM »
Thanks everyone.  We will be thinking it over this weekend  :)

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 01:13:17 PM »
I was looking for historic data for Jul19 when we were last in Corfu and found this site here went back a long way and had very good data. For example the link takes you to Oct19 and shows no rain for the month – that would be very important for us. Hit the little cog top right if you prefer Fahrenheit temps… max 29c and min 19c.

Offline Corixa

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 11:05:43 AM »
Not sure about the accuracy of the weather history on this website. We were in San Stefanos and Corfu Town on 3rd October 2019, it was our last day of a 2 week holiday. There was a massive storm and plenty of rain all round , the power went off through lightening strike on 3rd and was still off when we left for the airport on the 4th.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 01:02:17 PM »
Not sure about the accuracy of the weather history on this website. We were in San Stefanos and Corfu Town on 3rd October 2019, it was our last day of a 2 week holiday. There was a massive storm and plenty of rain all round , the power went off through lightening strike on 3rd and was still off when we left for the airport on the 4th.

Yes, I would always go with someone who was actually there. I've had another look for a second site that goes back that far and TimeDate here does indeed show "thundershowers" (their term). Unfortunately they don't show the rain fall....  I wonder how many of these sites scrape their data from the same source? On balance I'd personally still risk October, but perhaps only the 1st two weeks.

Offline John

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 03:03:23 PM »
I would agree with Geordieborn in going the first two weeks in October.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 07:26:48 PM »
Well - all booked so not going to worry too much now - just looking forward to it - so what will be will be  ;D

We were in San Stefanos in May this year but unfortunately we were only there for a couple of days when I got the bad news that my Mom had suffered a stroke.  Worst holiday I can remember as just wanted to get home - something I never thought I would say when we were in our favourite place.  Mom sadly passed away 3 weeks after we got home.  She was a few days shy of her 98th birthday and had a good and mostly pain free life as she was always telling us and didn't suffer at the end. 

Sorry to be rambling on but just trying to say looking forward to our next visit - whatever the weather and to say thank you for all comments about the weather  :)

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »
Well Diane I for one hope you have one of your best holidays ever. Very sorry to hear about your mom.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 09:46:05 PM »
Sorry for your loss Diane. My mum passed away last year and my mother in law 10 months previously. Both in their 90s like your mum, but it still comes as a terrible shock. Hope you can enjoy your break.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 10:15:41 PM »
Oh Diane..so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum..it is sad when you lose them, isn't it. I had a similar thing with my Mum in 2016. She was taken into hospital and I too wanted to go home..she did last until we eventually got home. You will have a lovely time, as always! X

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 03:14:19 AM »
Thank you Geordieborn, Barbara and Karen for your kind thoughts - I really appreciate it.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni