Author Topic: San Stef thriller  (Read 48051 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: San Stef thriller
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2022, 09:05:47 PM »
Phew! An updated version of both e-book and paperback are now live! The only changes are typos and reformatting, so if you already have it you're not missing anything!

Reformatting has reduced the price slightly, which is pleasing. As I amongst friends here, I'll tell you that 90 days after the end of the month is which a sale occurs I will get £1:40 per book. That's more than four months' work. That's what it's like being a writer. Please leave some stars and a tiny review - it only has to be a couple of sentences, but it makes a huge difference. There are no reviews so far, apart from on various forums, where "thoroughly enjoyed" seems to be the theme.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2022, 09:53:16 PM »
Jim, just started reading it today. Johnny has just arrived in resort and purchased a bag of oregano crisps! I’d forgotten all about this delicious snack- funny how the little things bring the memories flooding back!

Offline Joanie

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2022, 11:31:59 PM »
Hi Jim I am new to posting on the forum but felt the need to join just to tell you I have read and really enjoyed your book it took me right back to our beloved San Stefanos.I was unable to leave a review as there is a spend threshold on my Kindle which I have not met ??? So ***** from me can't wait to be there in May and July

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2022, 12:13:06 AM »
Barbara: Many a bag of those have I munched on a balcony with a glass of plonk after a shower! My local Premiere stocks the Polish version, so I had some while I was writing. It all helps.

Joanie: Welcome to posting on the forum. So glad you enjoyed Almond. I enjoyed writing it - though it was sometimes hard having my mind in Ag Stef and the rest of me in a Yorkshire winter!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2022, 07:45:06 PM »
Hello Jimbo
I hope you are keeping well. I've just finished Almond and The Deep Blue Sea - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great entertainment and brought back many memories. I laughed lots of times reading it, especially when the waiter said, "chips or roast potatos"
All the best
David  and Mhairi x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2022, 08:47:09 PM »
Thanks, David. Very, very long time since we saw you, alas. Hope the next book will make you laugh as well!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2022, 12:01:05 AM »
If you're seriously bored on Saturday morning you can hear me on BBC Radio Humberside at 11:15 talking about Almond. Wow! If you don't live in Yorkshire and are desperate you can find it on Sounds on the BBC website.

Sales are ticking over steadily. Still only two reviews, but 4.5/5 on the stars, so thanks if you did that.

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2022, 02:50:25 AM »
If you're seriously bored on Saturday morning you can hear me on BBC Radio Humberside at 11:15 talking about Almond. Wow! If you don't live in Yorkshire and are desperate you can find it on Sounds on the BBC website.

Sales are ticking over steadily. Still only two reviews, but 4.5/5 on the stars, so thanks if you did that.

Thought this was a forum for SS!!! Not a promotion for books etc !!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2022, 09:36:33 AM »
The book is set in SS. Sorry if it offends you.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »
It's a forum for all things San Stefanos related...can't see a problem with it..

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2022, 02:15:35 PM »
The book is set in SS. Sorry if it offends you.

I know I’ve read it.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2022, 10:15:27 PM »
Can't be, Jimbo is an over 2000 post man on here...?
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2022, 12:52:01 AM »
I'm really sorry if anybody is upset by this. All my many friends for over the last decade on this forum were in my mind when I chose to set the novel in SS. See loftyscot's kind comment a few above. I genuinely thought you would enjoy being in touch with the release and progress of the book. I will move any more discussion to the Yammas Bar, which is explicitly for non-SS-related discussions - but that's a slight problem because Almond clearly is related.

I guess some who joined fairly recently have missed out on things like the long chats about the Durells, which had nothing to do with SS.

At lunchtime I was waiting for a bus into town and the local butcher popped out of the shop and said "Hey, Jim. We just heard you on the radio! I might get the book to go on holiday." That's what it's all about. It's not a bad advert for the village.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2022, 01:45:09 AM »
I'm really sorry if anybody is upset by this. All my many friends for over the last decade on this forum were in my mind when I chose to set the novel in SS. See loftyscot's kind comment a few above. I genuinely thought you would enjoy being in touch with the release and progress of the book. I will move any more discussion to the Yammas Bar, which is explicitly for non-SS-related discussions - but that's a slight problem because Almond clearly is related.

I guess some who joined fairly recently have missed out on things like the long chats about the Durells, which had nothing to do with SS.

At lunchtime I was waiting for a bus into town and the local butcher popped out of the shop and said "Hey, Jim. We just heard you on the radio! I might get the book to go on holiday." That's what it's all about. It's not a bad advert for the village.

I doubt there is very many , if any, upset by it Jimbo....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 01:46:47 AM by geordieborn2 »
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2022, 02:37:30 AM »
Agreed Geordie..I'm yet to read your book Jim, but am really looking forward to it!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni