Author Topic: San Stef thriller  (Read 47947 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: San Stef thriller
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »
Thanks, TB. That way you can be in both places!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2022, 08:07:13 PM »
Lesley it hadn't changed much when I went first in 1988. Manthos Taverna was the hub of entertainment, well let's face it there wasn't much choice. The Greek nights were legendary. The roads were horrendous and unlit so you never went out at night without a torch. The sky at night was spectacular as there was so little ambient light, I have never seen so many stars.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2022, 02:42:02 PM »
Wishing you every success with your book Jimbo, downloaded to my kindle today for my San Stefanos trip in June. Hoping I can resist an early read and keep it under wraps until I am ‘on location’ so to speak. 😀 Not sure how these things work but it was only £3.49 as a download.👍🏼 Hope sales are going well. Yamas .

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2022, 03:16:31 PM »
Thanks, Sellsy. Sales are trickling in. There are no published reviews so far - but today there is one five star assessment, which is flattering. I have no means of knowing who it was. All I can do is to press on with the sequel - not because I expect to make a lot of money, but because I enjoyed writing the first book, and I hope San Stef fans will enjoy the familiar landscape.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2022, 06:07:38 PM »
I do feel a book signing event in resort with Cheese & Wine is called for Mr Jim ? xxx

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2022, 06:51:39 PM »
I think your right is only fear apparently  is a very good read well done jimbo

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »
Being delivered Sunday.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »
Thanks, Carl! Thanks, Maggie!

Lesley - love the idea of a book-signing with wine and cheese. If there's no cheese, it doesn't matter!

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2022, 10:24:24 PM »
Julie as sent her Review in of your book not sure if it will appear only time will tell she enjoyed it waiting for the next one to be released

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2022, 10:25:10 PM »
Well done  jimbo

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2022, 11:17:58 PM »
Thanks, Carl and Julie! It's taking forever for reviews to get through. The publishing site says that book-vetting will be slow at the moment. Probably means that Amazon have sacked a lot of people.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2022, 09:57:32 PM »
I have my copy and have posted on the SS site on FB with a picture of the cover.I hope it generates some sales.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2022, 12:21:26 AM »
Oh - thanks a lot, Maggie!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2022, 03:45:40 PM »
Phew! Just finished chapter four of the sequel, also set in Agios Stefanos! With any luck it'll be out in the summer, but I'm not rushing it.

There are still no actual reviews on Amazon - just two "starred" evaluations. If you have actually written a little review and it hasn't appeared I'd be grateful to know. The problem with self-publishing is that you don't have a publisher's advertising campaign to do promotion, and some nice reviews and word of mouth are all there is.

Meanwhile - I've reduced the Kindle price of my collection of science fiction novellas to £1. I know SF is not to everybody's taste, but modern British science fiction is not at all like Star Wars. "Digital Rites" is mostly set in Corfu, and has scenes in Agios Stefanos. Most of them were started there. Might be worth a try at that price? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fragments-Tomorrow-collection-Jim-Hawkins-ebook/dp/B01GF1QIJ4/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr= 

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2022, 07:18:58 PM »
Just purchased your book Jimbo, it's gone back up to £8.90 but never mind. You're probably not getting any reviews because people are putting off reading it  till they go on holiday. I don't think I'll wait that long. I read a lot at home but never seem to have time to read much on holiday. I'm not one for lying on the beach all day, too many places to go and people to meet.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni