Your help and reviews are required > Information and help please

Easter in San Stefano

(1/1)

Michelle Cook:
Hello,

The first time I came to San Stefanos I was 17, in 1983. We stayed in Nondas Villas. Hard to recall exactly but the only the little supermarket by San Stefano travel was there, Manthos restaurant and the Golden Beach hotel and over the years as a family we have travelled back and seen how San Stefano has changed.... but still has managed to keep its charm and community feel. San Stefanos has my heart for so many reasons. Last year my father George (whom I introduced to San Stefano back in the 80's) almost drowned on the beach ( September 2021) , but thankfully some local people and some British tourists saw him and saved him. Thank you San Stefano. I came out to Corfu hospital that week and when he was discharged managed to spend some days at the Waves and Angelo's accommodation before we flew him home. Since we have been home my father has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease ( hence his difficulty standing on the sand when trying to get out of the sea). My fathers condition is life limiting and I am not sure how many more trips he can do. I plan to bring him (84) and my mum (78) with my youngest (15) and his friend to San Stefanos for the Easter Break. Question - will some of the restaurants, shops be open? Kind regards
Michelle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version