Author Topic: New rules  (Read 14138 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
New rules
« on: March 06, 2022, 12:48:05 PM »
#BreakingNews
#Greece to end requirement for #PLF for travellers from March 15th.
Greece yet again leads the way for the tourism industry and local economy
“Following the recommendation of the Health Ministry’s committee of experts, the completion of the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) by visitors from all countries for entry into Greece is being abolished as of March 15, 2022. This simplifies entry procedures for travellers, shifting the emphasis to the control of vaccination certificates.”

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: New rules
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 02:59:02 PM »
Let's hope the vaccination requirements will update as well. As I understand it, a PCR test will be needed if your were vaccinated more than 7 months prior to arrival.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 07:31:38 PM »
Jimbo, I read that as long as you can show evidence of having a booster, that is acceptable, regardless of when you had the first 2 shots.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 12:09:01 AM »
Jimbo, I read that as long as you can show evidence of having a booster, that is acceptable, regardless of when you had the first 2 shots.

I also think they will accept any UK proof of vaccination ....
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 01:25:44 AM »
The last statement I saw said "within the seven months prior to arrival." It may have been amended.

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 01:51:32 PM »
Yes, I got this info from the FCO website.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 07:15:21 PM »
Just need other countries e.g. Spain and Portugal, to catch-up now.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 01:19:57 PM »
I just rang the Welsh govt office and updated paper certificates are on the way to us.
All vaccinations are now on including my 4th ( I had to have 3 primary jabs as I am and at risk pest)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 03:30:22 PM »
The Greek government site makes the issue clearer:

If you have had just two doses the second must have been within nine months of travel.
If you have had a booster there NO time restrictions.

Assuming that (a) these conditions remain in place until the summer; (b) we are not at war, all we need is to print the vaccination status PDF. No locator forms needed, although the Greek one was far easier than the UK one last year.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 06:36:54 AM »
UK PLF also being abolished from Friday 18th March. This is really great news but as we all know things can change.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 12:51:46 PM »
The UK PLF was a complete pain in the rectum - I'm delighted it's gone.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 01:55:00 PM »
It's all moving in the right direction and hopefully Spain will drop its PLF soon.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 07:57:21 PM »
According to the health minister, looks like masks indoors, will remain mandatory , at least for the whole of May..the epidemiological situation in the country has not stabilized in significant decrease of daily infections..source  'keeptalkinggreece.com'....don't think this is too much of a problem for most..

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
According to the health minister, looks like masks indoors, will remain mandatory , at least for the whole of May..the epidemiological situation in the country has not stabilized in significant decrease of daily infections..source  'keeptalkinggreece.com'....don't think this is too much of a problem for most..

Only time will tell. We are in no hurry to travel, but may well be in a minority. The “normal” travel before the pandemic was bad enough for us and any additional hassle will certainly put us off, there may well be others of the same ilk. A combination of this and the situation in Ukraine may sway people towards destinations further west. I’m sure it will be a balancing act and the Greeks will be looking at the booking numbers vs covid cases almost daily. I do hope the former is what wins through!
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2022, 04:14:28 PM »
The only serious hassles last autumn were the UK regulations. The Greek side was easy and efficient. The UK side was bureaucratic and ridiculously inflexible.

There are no UK regulations any more. End of problem. Okay, I'll need a vaccination certificate printed or on a phone. Easy and fast.

I went to Poland and Russia many times before the end of the Soviet Union. That was a hassle - queue for at least an hour at an embassy to get a visa etc. I'm not complaining.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni