Author Topic: Avliotes Pharmacy  (Read 8720 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Avliotes Pharmacy
« on: January 31, 2022, 04:18:12 PM »
I posted today on another popular social media site but for those not on this...Just to  let you all know as well as the Pharmacy now over in Arillas the Avliotes Chemist has re-opened.  I don't have opening hours as yet as it was their 1st day today but when I am next passing will check and report back.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Avliotes Pharmacy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 02:00:52 PM »
Heard rumours when I was there last year that we were going to have a pharmacy in Agios Stefanos, now that would be useful.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:54:59 PM »
Whilst I agree a pharmacy would be a good addition for our visitors, we need to look at this as is it a viable business venture? You would need to rent if not having your own property for 12 months and no doubt the same for the business license as a Pharmacist. With pre Covid being 5 months the other 7 months it would be idle? A handful of people whom live in resort as their year round base go to the nearest village to visit the doctor for their prescription so again there is no doctor outside holiday time in the resort area.?  Another consideration.
Whilst summer months should there be a chemist in resort unless you have a doctors prescription you can't just wander in unless perhaps you have your repeat prescription from your own doctor with you. 
Maybe one day someone will take the gamble ?????
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 09:53:21 AM by Lesley »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 01:00:23 AM »
I don't think it's viable either. Most tourists will only need drugs in an emergency.

When I had bronchitis in September the doctor came to the little clinic in the village and gave me what I needed for one night. The next day they brought the rest of the drugs and an inhaler to the clinic. The emergency care is there, and if it's not an emergency Avliotes is ten minutes on the bus. The cost of buildings, staff and stock would make it totally unviable.

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 10:54:30 AM »
Hi. My wife and i arrived from New Zealand last night. Sadly my luggage is still somewhere in canada, along with the bulk of my medication. Assuming it does not turn up soon, i will be in some difficulty. If i can get a script emailed from my practice in Auckland, would a/ the local,pharmacy dispense it?.
Also, i have no clothes!!! :'(
Many thanks
Chris

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 12:10:39 PM »
They're usually pretty good about that on Corfu. If all else fails, go to the clinic in Ag Stef and speak to the nurse, Dora, who is lovely. If necessary she will contact the doctor. When I had bronchitis last autumn they even brought the drugs to the village for me. If you know the drugs, I would first go to San Stefano Travel and I'm sure Lesley or Noula will help.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 12:22:13 PM »
If you have not done so, and if you have such, check your insurance. Do hope it does not spoil your long-haul holiday Chris and that everything gets sorted soon.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Grounded

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 12:29:08 PM »
Thanks folks. We are staying at the Margaritas and Noula has offered her assistance, so if my case does not turn up i can try and sort out replacement meds. One of them is a bit exotic, so i hope it is available here. It has proved such a mission just getting here, our long haul flights were cancelled 3 times, the last being on thursday whilst we were at the check in desk at the airport! So we had to go home and find new flights. We were originally due to arrive here last Friday.
Thanks for your responses. It is so good to be finally back here.
Chris

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 11:23:36 PM »
Grounded, enjoy your holiday and relax.  You deserve it.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni