Author Topic: Vickys  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Vickys
« on: January 10, 2022, 12:36:25 AM »
....look as though they are renamed Sunset Blue now

Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Vickys
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:41:58 AM »
Yes I saw this, this morning and they have used my name in the reviews.  Obviously I won't be there as I was told by the new owners my services were not required.  Oh well at least it's good to know it will reopen which is good for the resort......

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 03:44:07 PM »
Well, the website is just Vicky with the name changed. All the quotes are Vicky. All the pictures are Vicky. The main Rooms picture is the mezzanine where we stayed. The pool is not an "infinity-edge" pool. All in all, it's a bit annoying - particularly implying that Lesley would be there. Are the general rooms actually "luxurious?" To be honest, I doubt it.

If we're in Ag Stef in July I will make a particular point of going there and asking for Lesley, then expressing shock and disappointment. I hope others will do the same.

Booking is not available yet. https://sunsetbluecorfu.com/

Who are the new owners? Any relation to Delfino Blue, which is close by?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 06:22:07 PM »
Yes I was rather annoyed at being used for their reviews, more so as the new owners said they didn't need me.  Most of the room pictures on site are lifted from other sites and seem photoshopped? I noticed a pink towel and a bowl of fruit too!!!!!  Plus a few stock photos chef, food etc from wherever.  I think the website is very misleading for anyone new looking to book.  Most regular guests will know the photos taken are from the newer block and the pool is not an infinity pool - well unless it has been rebuilt over this wet cold Winter? I googled at how to report misleading information via Google but it seems difficult to do......
I am glad at least it won't stand empty so this is good for the resort but find it a shame that whomever the new owners are they are using past reviews as I will not be there to meet, assist or advise.  I then am concerned that new reviews will then use my name to say I wasn't there but again those that know me also know I am no longer employed there.
I have also had to ask the 2 main FB forums to add a polite post as since this morning as many people know me after over 10 years of being on reception at Vicky's I was receiving p.m's and advise on 'how to book'.  Everyone must use the new link via the new website and their contact form or Greek mobile which is also posted as a contact.......

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 07:03:46 PM »
The purchase probably included rights to the old site and its contents (including old reviews). I noticed none of their social media links work on the contact page, that's probably a good place to complain. The likes of Trustpilot is being used a lot these days and has an option to notify the owners of any post there ;D . You never know they may realise their mistakes...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 07:27:38 PM »
The old website belonged to me for promoting the owners private bookings and I deleted it in Mid October along with the domain name. The other link was via Jet2 Holidays on their own company site.  I also deleted the Vicky's Facebook group i ran as the admin and archived it. Reviews are lifted from Trip Advisor and relate to Vicky's as the new site can't have any reviews as it is not as yet open for guests until May 2022....... the wonders of the Internet!

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 07:46:58 PM »
The old website belonged to me for promoting the owners private bookings and I deleted it in Mid October along with the domain name. The other link was via Jet2 Holidays on their own company site.  I also deleted the Vicky's Facebook group i ran as the admin and archived it. Reviews are lifted from Trip Advisor and relate to Vicky's as the new site can't have any reviews as it is not as yet open for guests until May 2022....... the wonders of the Internet!
Unfortunately that is very true, hence the need to be very careful where you put your mark on it as it will only get worse before it gets better...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 07:04:15 PM »
So we now have tereza sunset then across the road we have sunset blue could be very confusing for newbies

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2022, 08:21:33 PM »
We are really sorry that we will not be able to return to Vickys this year and we are really sorry too that Lesley won't have her job there.  We are looking to book the Athina as sadly the Romanza is too much of a climb for us back each evening now and if we sit by the pool (which we tend to more now) we do like to look at the sea.  We have stayed only once before at the Athina and we then had a side view of the sea but there are only garden views available to book.  Does anyone know whether these would be a the rear?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 11:56:13 PM »
Diane pop George Mouzakitis a p.m. via FB or their Hotel FB Page I am sue he will give you layout info for your booking.   Lovely hotel sure you will have a fab stay there.....

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 03:12:48 AM »
Thanks Lesley I will do that

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni