Author Topic: Vickys  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Vickys
« on: November 11, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
Has changed hands..

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Vickys
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 11:37:47 AM »
Has changed hands..

....and apparently the lovely Lesley has been made redundant too, how bloody sad  :'(.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 12:34:13 PM »
....and apparently the lovely Lesley has been made redundant too, how bloody sad  :'( .

That is sad....
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 02:53:32 PM »
That's awful. I have never met Lesley but feel I know her personally. What a way to repay her hard work!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 09:27:06 PM »
Do we know who now owns it, Greek or foreign?

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 02:11:16 AM »
All very mysterious! As they have cancelled bookings for next summer both private and Jet2 I wonder if a major refurb is planned?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »
Well, many will have seen and read my posts on that other popular Social Media site.  Therefore I will post here what I know so far regarding Vicky's.....

Our last guests departed this Summer 11/10/2021, the owner (my boss) was there and advised that he had sold the property which had been in his family for 30 years.  The new owner, it is understood, is Bulgarian and did not require my services, therefore I became unemployed.  In Greece and many places, tourism work is seasonal and therefore no one has a permanent contract.  This also means we have no or very little legal rights either.  Of course I will look for suitable employment, however we are hardly a Metropolis here and almost everywhere is family run - so in reality not holding up much hope on this, but next May is a long way off and we will see. 

At the same time George and his family who rented the Pool Bar, Pool and sunbeds on the beach from my boss, were also informed of the change of ownership. 

The new owner did not want any of the private owners bookings, therefore I contacted everyone and the majority of our guests have now found alternative private accommodation for 2022.

2 days ago I received an email from a UK Jet2 advisor, asking me why some regular guests had received an email telling them their booking had been cancelled and they had been offered an alternative Jet2 apartment here in Agios Stefanos.  So at this point even the tour operator's advisors/consultants was unaware that the now new owner had also decided he didn't want these bookings either, or so it would seem?  Hence I posted as I was getting p.m.s emails and even telephone calls to my home here! It, gain, would seem they are being told that Vicky's will not be operating, but who really knows.  I have not seen anything in writing either!!! ??? ??? ???

As to what will happen for 2022, maybe the Vicky's will be closed for refurbishment?, maybe it will go to a non UK operator,? maybe a new contract will be negotiated, it's all maybes and no one really knows.  ??? ??? ???  There are some interesting posts on that famous Social Media site!!!!

Of course if I hear I will let you all know.  However in the meantime I do hope everyone who had booked with their Tour Operator finds a suitable alternative and that they will still be coming for next Summer season.  The beach, the sun and the lovely local bars, tavernas etc will still be here....

I am sure I will see many of our guests, many whom have become friends, during your holidays here in 2022. After all I will have more time, maybe time to go to the beach myself?

In the meantime wishing all a lovely weekend, I am actually off to resort this midday to meet up with friends for a well deserved Frappe as the sun is shining and its bright and mild day.  8) 8) 8) Not bad for mid November 20c at 10.30........

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 12:09:23 PM »
It looks lovely today Lesley - enjoy!
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 12:56:50 PM »
Thank you Lesley and the best of luck to you.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 02:55:56 PM »
I am sure that your talents and experience will not go to waste!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 04:34:36 PM »
I am sure that your talents and experience will not go to waste!

I agree Jim :)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 06:22:19 PM »
Oh no Lesley, I am so sorry for us not having the Vicky to come to but far more sorry for you and for George and his family. Hopefully this new owner will realise the error of his ways and rehire you all when he has done faffing about! The only other place I have ever stayed in San Stef was the Romanza and i can't face Heart Attack Hill twice a day! All the best and hopefully we will still see you in the village.
Julie and Steve

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 11:40:00 PM »
Like everyone else, I was so sorry to hear the news about Vicky and of course to hear that Lesley won't be there.  She will be missed - she was always there with a cheery smile and information.  Wishing you well Lesley

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 08:04:28 PM »
Oh no Lesley, I am so sorry for us not having the Vicky to come to but far more sorry for you and for George and his family. Hopefully this new owner will realise the error of his ways and rehire you all when he has done faffing about! The only other place I have ever stayed in San Stef was the Romanza and i can't face Heart Attack Hill twice a day! All the best and hopefully we will still see you in the village.
Julie and Steve
We knew a Julie and Steve when we (George & Lesley) stayed at The Romanza, are you the same ones?

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »
It was 2008 we stayed there and it rained all week so we didn't really see many people to talk to, so possibly not! My avatar looks like me so do i look familiar?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni