Author Topic: September 2021  (Read 28679 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: September 2021
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2021, 11:32:31 AM »
Good to read your on the mend Jim, enjoy the rest of your stay.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
We finally had some spits of rain this afternoon. Like every other day, the morning was bright and sunny and beautiful. We spent it by the lovely blue Nafsika pool. The reason for the green was a couple of weeks ago somebody put too much chlorine in; this changes the Ph of the water and causes mineral oxidation. It's been rather expensively fixed by Spiros, even though he only has four rooms occupied from now on. Thanks, Spiros!

Lots of people left today, right across the village. It's going to be a quiet week. Maybe some rain showers. The air is noticeably cooler this evening, but the clouds are clearing a bit over the islands.

The nurse at the clinic gave me the all-clear this morning, and said I can eat, drink, swim, do what I like. I'm much better than I was when I arrived, that's for sure. We've had some great food at Nafsika, Mistral, and today at Manthos for lunch.

Yammas, everybody!

No pool at all today, no cam! Beach cam on here indicates just how quiet it is for a weekend.... Still, its a beautiful clear day there...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »
Next week I hope we can meet up Jim & Gillie - will pop in after work for a krasi - send me a p.m.as to which afternoon would suit your schedule.  Enjoy your weekend and pleased to hear you are feeling so much better and spritely

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2021, 11:59:59 AM »
When does the season end in San Stef ?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2021, 10:49:57 AM »
It's winding down now. Numbers much reduced. Many places will close on Friday, and almost everywhere a week later.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2021, 08:59:52 PM »
Monday evening: It's been a beautiful day - clear sun and a light breeze, although the air temperature is noticeably cooler, and now, after sunset, it's definitely time for trousers and a fleece. Plenty of people at Mistral at lunchtime.

Zorbas has closed, and Beachcombers' last night is tomorrow. So, autumn is here The sunbeds are thinning out. Beside Mango the beds have gone, but the brollies are still there on their heavy bases - they look like big strange plants.

The sea remains flat calm, with hardly a ripple, and the beach is vast; there are three rows of sunbeds outside Mistral, and it's a significant stroll from there to the sea. The stream is a trickle. There's no bridge, but two long parallel squared-off logs. I tried it a few days ago  - it gets very bouncy in the middle, and there's a good risk of falling into the stagnant water.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 10:38:04 AM by Jimbo »

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2021, 11:44:34 PM »
Monday evening: It's been a beautiful day - clear sun and a light breeze, although the air temperature is noticeably cooler, and now, after sunset, it's definitely time for trousers and a fleece. Plenty of people at Mistral at lunchtime.

Zorbas has closed, and Beachcombers' last night is tomorrow. So, autumn is her. The sunbeds are thinning out. Beside Mango the beeds have gone, but the brollies are still there on their heavy bases - they look like big strange plants.

The sea remains flat calm, with hardly a ripple, and the beach is vast; there are three rows of sunbeds outside Mistral, and it's a significant stroll from there to the sea. The stream is a trickle. There's no bridge, but two long parallel squared-off logs. I tried it a few days ago  - it gets very bouncy in the middle, and there's a good risk of falling into the stagnant water.

So you are on the way home Jimbo, or is that just your attempt at eloquent prose  ;D ? Still, I suppose that is allowed to be basking in the warmth of holidays in the village…
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 11:56:44 PM by geordieborn2 »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
Just trying to paint the picture of the last bit of the season.

Last sunny day today, then two days of rain, then airport.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 11:22:16 AM »
Much better there than here Jim, enjoy what's left, and safe trip home, thanks too, for your reports.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
It sounded lovely Jimbo. Let's hope the forecast is wrong and you have sunshine, it does not look good, but you never know. Sunshine here today, but freezing!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2021, 05:21:25 PM »
Just trying to paint the picture of the last bit of the season.

Last sunny day today, then two days of rain, then airport.

You painted it perfectly, Jim  :)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2021, 06:49:02 PM »
Did you see the water snakes in the stagnant water Jimbo? We spotted them last week down there-I got quite nervous about whether they were also in the sea but I think they are fresh(?)water snakes....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »
No, I didn't. I'm sure they're harmless.

Blue sky at 8:30 as I write - but lightning to the north over the Adriatic at about 5. Hey Ho.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2021, 11:01:03 AM »
Nearest lightning right now is near Brindisi about 120 miles away.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2021, 12:13:39 PM »
Looks like some small storms popping up around Corfu, one just SW of there at the moment.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni