Author Topic: September 2021  (Read 28568 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: September 2021
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
Happy Birthday Jim, wishing you a lovely day and will catch up with you next week - enjoy your day xxx

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 11:02:37 AM »
Was lovely to see you and Gillie this year after I think it was almost 8 years or more since our paths crossed enjoy the rest of your holiday and especially your birthday today Yammas love Diane and Tony x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »
Thanks, all.

I've been feeling ill and yesterday retired to bed. That caused panic in the hotel, so had to go to get a test today. Negative. Phew! I saw the doctor; I have a chest infection, and now have antibiotics and steroids.

Feeling much better. Lamb on the spit tonight. Hurray!

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2021, 09:27:45 PM »
Sorry baj for the delayed reply been very busy enjoying ourselves the rooms are on the small side but adequate enough for two the hosts are lovely as are the views we are on first floor

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2021, 02:04:37 AM »
Thanks, all.

I've been feeling ill and yesterday retired to bed. That caused panic in the hotel, so had to go to get a test today. Negative. Phew! I saw the doctor; I have a chest infection, and now have antibiotics and steroids.

Feeling much better. Lamb on the spit tonight. Hurray!

Oh dear Jim..hope you  continue to feel better and belated happy birthday! Lamb on the spit is my favourite!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »
Saw you outside the surgery this morning Jim as we nipped by and you didn’t look so peaky-not quite perky yet though.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2021, 10:27:20 PM »
Are you feeling better now Jim?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2021, 08:09:28 PM »
I'm mending quite well, thanks. I've got antibiotics, steroids and an inhaler. Must be doing something!

Weird day today. Cloudy in the morning and cool but rapidly warming up to a very clammy day. Cooled again around four.

I'm still banned from swimming by doctor, so we walked along the beach. The beach is the widest that I've know it in twelve years. Our end (Waves etc) still has plenty of people, but up on the expanse towards Mango etc there were hundreds of beds with maybe 20 people. It looked a bit sad.

Mistral's still doing incredibly well - full tables every lunchtime, and plenty of meantime drinkers.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2021, 12:52:13 AM »
Glad you're improving Jim. Have you walked to the 'bottom ' end of the beach, just wondering how wide it is this year. Take care.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »
Didn't reach the very far end - but it's extremely wide as far as the bend round the cliffs.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2021, 11:09:24 AM »
Thanks Jim.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
We finally had some spits of rain this afternoon. Like every other day, the morning was bright and sunny and beautiful. We spent it by the lovely blue Nafsika pool. The reason for the green was a couple of weeks ago somebody put too much chlorine in; this changes the Ph of the water and causes mineral oxidation. It's been rather expensively fixed by Spiros, even though he only has four rooms occupied from now on. Thanks, Spiros!

Lots of people left today, right across the village. It's going to be a quiet week. Maybe some rain showers. The air is noticeably cooler this evening, but the clouds are clearing a bit over the islands.

The nurse at the clinic gave me the all-clear this morning, and said I can eat, drink, swim, do what I like. I'm much better than I was when I arrived, that's for sure. We've had some great food at Nafsika, Mistral, and today at Manthos for lunch.

Yammas, everybody!

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 07:09:33 PM »
Good to hear Jimbo, hope the illness has not detracted from your visit...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2021, 08:13:22 PM »
Oh so pleased you are feeling better, Jim..enjoy the rest of your holiday..eat, drink and be merry!! X

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2021, 09:08:50 PM »
We finally had some spits of rain this afternoon. Like every other day, the morning was bright and sunny and beautiful. We spent it by the lovely blue Nafsika pool. The reason for the green was a couple of weeks ago somebody put too much chlorine in; this changes the Ph of the water and causes mineral oxidation. It's been rather expensively fixed by Spiros, even though he only has four rooms occupied from now on. Thanks, Spiros!

Lots of people left today, right across the village. It's going to be a quiet week. Maybe some rain showers. The air is noticeably cooler this evening, but the clouds are clearing a bit over the islands.

The nurse at the clinic gave me the all-clear this morning, and said I can eat, drink, swim, do what I like. I'm much better than I was when I arrived, that's for sure. We've had some great food at Nafsika, Mistral, and today at Manthos for lunch.

Yammas, everybody!

Nafsika, Mistral and Manthos, you must be really worn out travelling such long distances. so glad you're feeling better

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni