Author Topic: September 2021  (Read 28643 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: September 2021
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 08:22:38 PM »
Was so happy to see some great friends Jim and Gillie today when they popped into Vicky's for a catch up after 2 years - next time we will have a few little krasi's when I finish after work.......Happy Holidays xxx

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 08:46:13 PM »
Lesley's looking great, folks! So lovely to catch up a bit. And we finally met Maggiesaes after all this time. Wonderful.

I've given my awful cold to Gillie. She is not pleased. So we did nothing at all today. The clouds in the early morning scudded away as the breeze turned to a north easterly.  The sun is still winning, and the skies have been blue. Ice-cream and milk-shakes for lunch in the rather smart little coffee bar next to Peli and Maria's shop. 

It's the hour before sunset as I sit in the Nafsika bar writing this. Cooking smells are drifting across the village - you know, that aroma of barbecuing meat and oregano that tells you that you are in Greece.

It's peaceful, relaxed, and as lovely as ever. Book now for next year, folks! But leave room for us :-)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 08:58:03 PM »
Such a lovely description, Jim, I almost felt I was there! I hope you and Gillie get over your colds soon.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 04:07:18 PM »
Happy and relaxed holidays to you Jimbo and Carl. How are the Anatoli apts Carl? We are booked to stay Whit week next year?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:39 PM »
Cheers, BAJ.

Windy today. Mostly blue sky but the maistro is whipping in from the NNW. Lots of kite-surfers on the bay.

Didn't do much. Reading by the pool, finding as much shelter as possible. I don't like wind - it makes me restless. Looks like tomorrow will be even windier.  Oh well!

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:04 PM »
Spotted, I believe, Jimbo and Gill strolling around the Nafsika pool just after 11.00 (Greek time) today.  Perhaps the best place with what appeared to be a strong breeze off the sea.  Three hours on and time for a spot of lunch in  ........  Waves, Mistral or Manthos perhaps?  Nice weather here but.....!

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »
Very windy here but clear blue sky once more.

Lovely to meet Jimbo and Gillie at last and now we have hired a buggy we can reach some parts we have neglected of late.
Beware soon to be octogenarians nipping through AS  ;D
Two weeks of our three almost over but plenty left to enjoy.

That little cafe is a delight Jim.We were sitting there yesterday while the grapes were being gathered above and were each given a beautiful bunch of grapes to sample.
Happy days indeed.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »
Cheers, BAJ.

' I don't like wind - it makes me restless.'

Cue Frankie Laine and Restless Wind ;D
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 12:47:36 PM »
We went down to agent yesterday and booked for July next year, we are staying at Athina for 2 weeks, after missing last year and this year can't wait and after your reports Jimbo missing it more. Enjoy rest of hols. 

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »
We have booked for next May for four weeks.

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2021, 02:00:52 PM »
It's nice to get something in next year's diary after empty pages over the last couple of years.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 08:43:05 PM »
Wind dropped quite a lot overnight, but not enough to sit on the beach. Mind you, I am a bit of wimp with chill breezes. But good for a walk up to the Tsaros bar, which is perfect shelter from a NW wind. Great to see Thanassis and Kristina. Wow, the kids have grown!

This afternoon the wind returned. With luck, for its final serious event for a few days. Roast sucking pig on the spit tonight. That'll warm me up. I hope.

The general air of cheerfulness is still all around. The village has probably done enough to survive. It's been a tough two years for all of us.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:44:49 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 10:24:51 PM »
Jim, enjoying your news from the village. I'm so pleased that they've had a good season there, let's hope next year all will be pretty much back to normal.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 10:51:18 PM »
For many years we went Jul/Aug i.e. first 2-3 weeks of the school holidays and I still recall having to wedge the kids air-bed between sun beds in the Nafsika for them to hide behind and shelter from that wind….
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2021, 09:54:32 AM »
Spirits here are high and there is much optimism in the air which is great to see.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni