Author Topic: Parga day trip  (Read 4059 times)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Parga day trip
« on: August 18, 2021, 11:40:07 PM »
Has anyone done the Parga day trip with San Stef Travel? Is it worth the trip? Is it a long day?

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Parga day trip
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 12:06:13 PM »
Hi hobbes,

Yes, we did it a few years back and was very enjoyable, but very long and tiring day. The boat trip took best part of 2 hours, but you see some lovely coastline en-route to Parga. We had a couple of hours to explore Parga, which is a beautiful but quite busy resort. On the return leg we stopped at Anti Paxos for a dip in the sea from the boat, before stopping at Paxos for a fairly short stop. The return leg then took about an hour back to Corfu Town.

Recommended, but as mentioned a long and tiring day.

Enjoy.

Richard.

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 04:02:36 PM »
Thanks Richard-we are not getting our hopes up that they will be doing it but if they are we would like to go. Funnily enough the only bit I'm not bothered about is the swim off the boat-I am a rubbish swimmer and hate going out of my depth! Plus, to misquote Billy Connolly, there are things in the sea that don't like us!

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »
We did the opposite 20 yrs ago - we were staying in Parga for 2 weeks and took a day trip to Corfu! It was our first visit to the island, but definitely not our last! A lovely leisurely cruise and we spotted loads of dolphins! We don't swim either - we always take a book to relax with on board while the others are splashing about!

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 05:39:35 PM »
We looked at Parga on Google earth and it reminded us of Kassiopi so it looked very enticing! Hopefully the trip will be running and we can do it! Which bits of Corfu did you visit on your day trip FROM Parga? I like the idea of sitting in the shade with a book whilst the rest of them jump overboard!

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 11:21:23 AM »
Hi Hobbes! We only visited Corfu town, but had a few hours there and were able to visit one of the forts. Parga was lovely, but not quite enough to do there for 2 weeks. I wouldn't say it was like Kassiopi though, the buildings seemed a lot older and more characterful. Some of the streets are quite steep!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 12:09:03 PM »
Parga is a very busy place - but full of character. Yes, it is quite steep. From the videos on YouTube I'd say it's even busier now than it was when we stayed there about 14 years ago.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni