Author Topic: Day 2 Tests  (Read 8740 times)

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Day 2 Tests
« on: August 06, 2021, 11:16:16 PM »
Hi
Can anyone recommend where to buy the day 2 tests from, we are flight only with TUI so dont qualify for their special price packages

Thanks

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Day 2 Tests
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 01:55:27 AM »
We purchased Randox testing at east Mids airport on the day we arrive back as test can be done on or before day 2, so we collect our car and drive to the drive though test centre at another long stay car park. £60 each

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »
I had a look on Martin Lewis website yesterday and one he mentions is Nationwide Pathology, £40 for day two test .

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
Thanku

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 04:24:50 PM »
I bought the Randox Day 2 Tests to do at home.
Orderd them on Sunday and they arrived this morning
They were £48 each

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 04:29:26 PM »
Randox seem to be well organised. Evertonendo you will need the booking reference which will start RAND…….. , different to the order number, for your return to UK PLF forms.
Have a good holiday

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 06:56:10 PM »
Did our day 2 PCR tests at the Randox test centre at East Mids airport yesterday at 5.30pm and got the negative result email at lunchtime today.
My other observation is regards the pre departure test in San Stef. We did it at the clinic, 30€ and had prebooked it via email. However the clinic was getting very busy with only one person answering the phone, dealing with walk in queries and conducting the tests. We were booked at 10am, but so were several other people and there was a queue most mornings back onto the road, standing in the sun. If I were returning this year I would take a test with me, as apparently you just upload an image of your test result to the company website you use and they email back the certificate.

Offline Glenn1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 03:10:34 PM »
Hi We found Randox day 2 test the cheapest if you enter this code you get £5 off making it £43 hopefully the code still works
Code =ejh2021

Hope this helps

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2021, 01:03:35 PM »
Did our day 2 PCR tests at the Randox test centre at East Mids airport yesterday at 5.30pm and got the negative result email at lunchtime today.
My other observation is regards the pre departure test in San Stef. We did it at the clinic, 30€ and had prebooked it via email. However the clinic was getting very busy with only one person answering the phone, dealing with walk in queries and conducting the tests. We were booked at 10am, but so were several other people and there was a queue most mornings back onto the road, standing in the sun. If I were returning this year I would take a test with me, as apparently you just upload an image of your test result to the company website you use and they email back the certificate.
Oh dear wish Id known that earlier, never mind thanks for the info

Offline richnsare

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »
We've been lucky enough to have 2 separate holidays in the last couple of months and due to certain circumstances tried different providers. First of all we used the Randox option (£48 each) and requested the post to home test. This one was fine, but as you do it yourself and post it back to them it seems a bit of a farce as there was no checks at all that you've done the test correctly. We have been doing our own LFT's twice weekly, so we're confident it was correct, but I thought the whole idea of a PCR test was that it was done professionally, hey ho.  Second time around and after returning from San Stef last week we used the drive-through Express Test option at Birmingham Airport (£60 each). This was very well organised and a very thorough medical professional completed the test. Results from both providers came through in about 24 hours.

The antigen testing in resort was also a very different experience. First we used the Eurofins test at Fuerteventura airport (27 Euro each), very thorough and provided by medical professionals in full PPE), results back in about 30 minutes. Whilst in San Stef (30 euro) we booked into the local clinic (opposite Condor). Good communication by email to be fair to them, but the actual test hardly touched the sides (one poke) and seemed very light touch. Result was back in 24 hours.

Hopefully the need to pay for these type of test will disappear soon, but for now whilst we have to comply I would say its well worth the additional cost, especially as flight prices are so cheap at the moment. Our Corfu friends are making the experience as good as it can be and are all adhering to covid regulations. The whole holiday felt very safe indeed.

If you need any advice please let me know.

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 01:35:53 PM »
We had our tests done in resort and got our Fit to Fly certificates which were not asked for either at Corfu or Manchester airports, so could have saved ourselves 60 Euros, very annoying !!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
BAJ:
If I were returning this year I would take a test with me, as apparently you just upload an image of your test result to the company website you use and they email back the certificate.

What do you mean by "company website?"

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 07:28:09 PM »
We had our tests done in resort and got our Fit to Fly certificates which were not asked for either at Corfu or Manchester airports, so could have saved ourselves 60 Euros, very annoying !!

I think they randomly check, so whilst annoying, it's best to have them done, also good to know you are negative before you travel.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 01:53:04 PM »
BAJ:
What do you mean by "company website?"
Hello Jimbo, some other guests out there when we were had purchased pre departure tests from government approved companies and taken the tests with them to Corfu. They then did their own test during the 3 days before return and uploaded the image of the result to their account on the company website they had purchased from, such as Chronomics. They were then emailed their negative test fit to fly certificate.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »
Strange that, we had to provide them along with passport and PLF at Corfu check in desk in early August.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni