Author Topic: The 2021 season  (Read 16785 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The 2021 season
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 12:04:14 AM »
So the Amber Watch List idea has been scrapped. Normal chaos resumed!

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 12:45:03 AM »
So the Amber Watch List idea has been scrapped. Normal chaos resumed!
Thank goodness for that!
More coaches arrived today, saw them dropping off at Little Prince.
Most bars and restaurants fairly busy now, we haven’t eaten anywhere where it wasn’t nearly full. In fairness if you dropped me into the village with no knowledge of Covid and travel restrictions I would think it was a normal July/August.
A few more other nationalities about, noticed more so during the day than in the evening though, particularly Poles.
The beach web cam will give a good idea how busy the beach is.
Oh and it’s hot, very hot. 35-37 last few days with a feels like 42 heat index thing. It’s currently 30 at 11pm, so it was an early retreat to the air con room. Feels like temperature tomorrow at 2pm I’ve just seen forecast as 47, we shall be staying in the sea, which is still surprisingly chilly in a morning before becoming a warm bath in the afternoon
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:56:54 AM by BAJ »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 02:00:09 AM »
WorldwideWeatheronline shows peaks of 32o over this week. Current temperature at 01:00 CET is 30o - which is consistent with the chart. BBC shows 39o on Tuesday. Who knows?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 01:18:33 PM »
So glad it's filling up there and everyone is having a lovely holiday! That would be to hot for me :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 02:58:09 AM »
Jason Watkins in Condor one night a week (Boy George tribute act who appeared a few years ago)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 08:11:57 PM »
Cooler today, clouds and breeze. So much so that we came out of the sea/ off the beach early and went a walk from Fedra up the hill to Eriannas for afternoon ice cream coffee.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 09:06:36 PM »
Cooler today, clouds and breeze. So much so that we came out of the sea/ off the beach early and went a walk from Fedra up the hill to Eriannas for afternoon ice cream coffee.

It's nice to have a break from the beach, sounds like an ideal day for a walk!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 09:45:46 PM »
BAJ only you will  know  - but a strong cheese with Branston on brown bread was a lovely treat, cheers my lovelies - if you know you know xxxx

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2021, 02:04:49 AM »
BAJ only you will  know  - but a strong cheese with Branston on brown bread was a lovely treat, cheers my lovelies - if you know you know xxxx
You’re welcome Lesley glad you are enjoying it x

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2021, 04:48:34 PM »
Our last day today so spending it chilling at Fedra pool, got it to ourselves!
Beachcomber tonight for last meal and then back to Fedra to make espresso martinis. Then collected at 1100hrs in the morning which I much prefer, don’t like hanging around for later flights. PLFs all done, neg test results printed and had a lovely time with Harri and Dimitri and Erinni at Fedra. They cater for those of us who want a chilled place to stay. Got 18 days booked with them next summer 😀

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2021, 08:38:32 PM »
BAJ, glad you've had a lovely holiday, safe journey home tomorrow!

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »
Our last day today so spending it chilling at Fedra pool, got it to ourselves!
Beachcomber tonight for last meal and then back to Fedra to make espresso martinis. Then collected at 1100hrs in the morning which I much prefer, don’t like hanging around for later flights. PLFs all done, neg test results printed and had a lovely time with Harri and Dimitri and Erinni at Fedra. They cater for those of us who want a chilled place to stay. Got 18 days booked with them next summer 😀
Glad you had a great time have a safe journey home.
Espresso Martinis great choice one of my favourites.
 ;D

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 01:14:20 AM »
Home safe and sound, a bit stressful at the airport. Anyone leaving Corfu on a Monday leave extra time. We had a few things all added up, first taxi was 20 mins late collecting us, then the journey took 1 hr 20 mins as traffic in Corfu town was bad. Meaning we got to the check in queue for Jet2 later than planned and the queue was very slow moving with checking documents and the luggage belt stopped working. All meant we were queuing for security about 5 mins before the gate was supposed to close, but as was everyone, so did the run to the gate but flight departed 45 mins late so it was fine in the end.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2021, 01:26:42 AM »
Home safe and sound, a bit stressful at the airport. Anyone leaving Corfu on a Monday leave extra time. We had a few things all added up, first taxi was 20 mins late collecting us, then the journey took 1 hr 20 mins as traffic in Corfu town was bad. Meaning we got to the check in queue for Jet2 later than planned and the queue was very slow moving with checking documents and the luggage belt stopped working. All meant we were queuing for security about 5 mins before the gate was supposed to close, but as was everyone, so did the run to the gate but flight departed 45 mins late so it was fine in the end.

Ha! One of the things we wont miss about travelling...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 01:59:08 AM »
BAJ, glad you're home safe and sound! I hate airports at the best of times!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni