Author Topic: Flights actually arriving  (Read 29631 times)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Flights actually arriving
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2021, 07:42:00 PM »
Jet2 flights from Manchester and Leeds arrived today and EJ from Birmingham due this evening. All new additions.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2021, 07:45:26 PM »
The Jet2 flights today NCL and LBA were combined known as a double drop so they took off from NCL landed in LBA as there were very few for this flight and then altogether came to Corfu - makes commercial sence if we stil want these companies to exist. 

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2021, 08:33:42 PM »
That’s what Jet2 are doing with our flight on Monday Lesley, we leave East Mids then go to Birmingham before coming to Corfu.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2021, 09:47:14 PM »
TUI seem to be the ones cancelling holidays and with only 2days notice sometimes..

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2021, 12:25:15 AM »
TUI seem to be the ones cancelling holidays and with only 2days notice sometimes..
I’ve seen on Facebook Karen, numerous flights/holidays being cancelled. They don’t seem to be offering customers the alternative flights either just cancelling and refunding…..strange. So far my Jet 2 flight is still going, I have a back up Ryan air flight booked for Sunday just in case 🤞

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2021, 02:02:18 AM »
It's all very odd, BAJ...so, can I ask..if you book independently and your flight is cancelled last minute, do you lose the money you have paid for the accommodation, or is that covered in your insurance?

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2021, 02:43:26 AM »
It's all very odd, BAJ...so, can I ask..if you book independently and your flight is cancelled last minute, do you lose the money you have paid for the accommodation, or is that covered in your insurance?
Well the owners I have dealt with so far have been great. Those circumstances have happened to us twice, we had Anatoli booked for last July, deposit paid, flight was cancelled and we transferred deposit to Whit week this year. Flights for then were also cancelled so we have moved deposit again to next May. Our accommodation for this coming holiday is Fedra Mare, booked last year and deposit paid. I haven’t explored what would happen to our deposit with them if flights had been cancelled but have no reason to think they wouldn’t have just moved the deposit to a future booking. If that failed I have an annual travel policy which I hope would cover it, but again haven’t explored that. I wouldn’t necessarily be happy booking on trust in other places in the world, but we all know what the village business owners are like. 👍🏻

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2021, 03:32:30 AM »
Thank you BAJ..just seen another TUI cancellation..dreadful..will have to look more deep!y into independent booking..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2021, 11:43:34 AM »
TUI Friday flight from Doncaster has just moved back two weeks. Bummer.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2021, 12:31:15 PM »
TUI Friday flight from Doncaster has just moved back two weeks. Bummer.
TUI flights at the moment seem a major gamble.
New flights to the Friday arrivals today are Easyjet from Gatwick and Bristol and Jet2 from Manchester

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2021, 01:10:00 PM »
I anticipate with what’s happening this year with the package deals, a lot more people are being forced to book independent and once they realise how easy and convenient it is, they will continue to do so in future years.

A long term bonus for our friends in the village.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2021, 02:04:05 PM »
Thank you BAJ..just seen another TUI cancellation..dreadful..will have to look more deep!y into independent booking..

From Bristol today TUI have cancelled flights to Tenerife, Corfu, Zante and Rhodes but have departed for Mahon, Ibiza and Palma. Anybody have any idea what the rationale is?
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2021, 03:55:43 PM »
From Bristol today TUI have cancelled flights to Tenerife, Corfu, Zante and Rhodes but have departed for Mahon, Ibiza and Palma. Anybody have any idea what the rationale is?

None of it makes any sense, I guess it depends how full/empty the flights are..

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2021, 04:50:08 PM »
As Lesley said earlier, unless the flight is at 75% capacity they are losing money. So it makes sense to aggregate two flights into one, if feasible. For example, TUI usually have two flights a week from Donny - Monday and Friday. The Friday flight leaves at 7am and the Monday at 2:40pm. Landing fees are probably lower for the Monday flight, so they may decide, if bookings are low, to cancel Friday and offer Monday. Monday is less pleasant for us - so if they cancel our Friday flight we'll have to choose between Monday and postponement.

They have been put in a very difficult position by the UK government's late decisions. People will make last-minute decisions based on the latest travel advice, and they still have to crew a plane fully staffed even if it has only a handful of passengers, because the number of cabin crew depends upon the number of seats, not the number of passengers. The minimum for a 737 is three, but a normal TUI crew appears to be four FAs.

As fas as Spain v Greece goes - Spain has very high infection levels, though not as high as the UK, and substantially greater than Greece. So I think that's a logistics decision, not a pandemic decision. Average flight time to Spain is about 2.5 hours - to Greece is at least three and probably four hours. That's a lot more fuel.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 04:51:39 PM by Jimbo »

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
I don't do social media but is there anything on there about how much notice people are getting about their cancellation?
When God created Wales he was just showing off

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni