Author Topic: Flights actually arriving  (Read 29620 times)

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Flights actually arriving
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 06:03:09 PM »
They have cancelled my flight from Manchester on 4th August, maybe to consolidate to a Tuesday. They made it very easy, and free, to switch to the Tuesday so no problems from me, means an extra days holiday  ;D
Which company was that ?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 06:10:01 PM »
Which company was that ?

EasyJet from Manchester. Cancelled the 4th August flight.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 10:03:39 PM »
Ryanair are doing a bogof offer  for July from Stansted. Two people can fly return to Corfu for £48.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 06:20:17 PM »
Jet2 who have not been flying to amber have updated their social media pages and app that they will be doing so from 19th July. So my flight from east Mids on 26th is looking promising  :)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
Another Midlander! I love East Mids as its not as intimidating as Manchester or, god forbid, the London airports. I'm a bad flyer so i need a nice calm experience at the airport before hand (Which last time we went didn't happen as the taxi to East Mids didn't turn up and we didn't arrive at the airport until 6.40 for a 7.55 flight- :o )

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »
Another Midlander! I love East Mids as its not as intimidating as Manchester or, god forbid, the London airports. I'm a bad flyer so i need a nice calm experience at the airport before hand (Which last time we went didn't happen as the taxi to East Mids didn't turn up and we didn't arrive at the airport until 6.40 for a 7.55 flight- :o )
Yes East Mids convenient for us, only 15 miles away, but have used Luton and Heathrow particularly when there was four of us so the savings per ticket added up. It’s often quite a lot more for that convenience.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »
Now flight from Luton today (Sunday) with Easyjet, landed at 11.40

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 02:24:53 AM »
 Notified today that our Jet2 flight from East Midlands on Monday morning will now take 4 1/2 hrs as it is taking a tour of the Midlands first and going to Birmingham after we board. So an earlier departure from EMA and arrive 1/2 hour later in Corfu.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2021, 11:47:04 AM »
Notified today that our Jet2 flight from East Midlands on Monday morning will now take 4 1/2 hrs as it is taking a tour of the Midlands first and going to Birmingham after we board. So an earlier departure from EMA and arrive 1/2 hour later in Corfu.

Is that a "filling the plane up" thing?
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2021, 12:44:44 PM »
It's a bit of a pain, but something you have to do it you want to go on holiday.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2021, 01:19:41 PM »
Sneaky Jet2 (who I’ve found to be very good), either their changing days of flights has resulted in too many refunds or they are trying a mixture of options to fill the planes. A bit of a catch-22 I think as it leads those who are not desperate to get away to sit back and wait until they stop the consolidation of flights, resulting in more because the planes are not full…
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »
TUI have put the Friday flight from Doncaster back a week - the first flight is on Monday (at the moment).

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2021, 03:05:27 PM »
Is that a "filling the plane up" thing?
It looks like it TB, from looking at pre-booked seats on both East Mids and the Birmigham flights they are both about a third full, so just flying one aircraft 2/3rds full. Better than cancelling but a bit of a pain. Flight leaves EMA at 0710 hrs and then Birmingham at 0830.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:06:58 PM by BAJ »

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2021, 05:55:52 PM »
Covidwise it doesnt seem a great idea mixing two geographical areas on one plane ?

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »
It looks like it TB, from looking at pre-booked seats on both East Mids and the Birmigham flights they are both about a third full, so just flying one aircraft 2/3rds full. Better than cancelling but a bit of a pain. Flight leaves EMA at 0710 hrs and then Birmingham at 0830.

That doesn't sound too bad then BAJ.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni