Author Topic: Green List  (Read 15173 times)

Offline Glenn1

• View Profile
Green List
« on: June 03, 2021, 04:57:47 PM »
The BBC and Sky news are both reporting that NO new countries will be added to the green List and Portugal going on the Amber list
What a Joke getting fed up of this I feel this is more of an political decision due to the fact that the EU has not put the UK on their white list

Offline Kirky

• View Profile
Re: Green List
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 05:07:54 PM »
Oh well. What a depressing day. Looks like we'll be cancelling for the start of July then.  :'(

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:30:42 PM »
Oh well. What a depressing day. Looks like we'll be cancelling for the start of July then.  :'(
I think you will be ok in July.  Based on nothing but presumptions and common sense.  Fingers crossed for you.

Offline Kirky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
I think you will be ok in July.  Based on nothing but presumptions and common sense.  Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Rod.  Just not sure how long we can wait before we make a decision.  Waiting for news from the Scottish Government. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:22 PM »

Thanks Rod.  Just not sure how long we can wait before we make a decision.  Waiting for news from the Scottish Government. Fingers and toes are crossed.
Kirky, the wife and I were in San Stef last September and we were really impressed with the safety and restrictions etc.  Even the airport was a pleasant surprise.  If you can get there then do it.  I do realise that members on here can't do that for medical reasons so apologies in advance if I am coming across as unsympathetic.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 02:57:41 AM »
Kirky, the wife and I were in San Stef last September and we were really impressed with the safety and restrictions etc.  Even the airport was a pleasant surprise.  If you can get there then do it.  I do realise that members on here can't do that for medical reasons so apologies in advance if I am coming across as unsympathetic.

You're not being unsympathetic, Rod, I agree, go if you can!

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 11:31:48 AM »
We intend to go in September if its still amber-we have both been fully vaccinated and , like Rod, we were there last September and felt safer than in the UK. At the moment we have the equipment to work from home (it took 10 months of travelling in to work daily before our employer (HM Government) saw sense and allowed us to WFH though...) I refuse to spend the rest of my life hiding away -we have done everything we can to protect the population against Covid, time to start living again.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
We intend to go in September if its still amber-we have both been fully vaccinated and , like Rod, we were there last September and felt safer than in the UK. At the moment we have the equipment to work from home (it took 10 months of travelling in to work daily before our employer (HM Government) saw sense and allowed us to WFH though...) I refuse to spend the rest of my life hiding away -we have done everything we can to protect the population against Covid, time to start living again.

Here here. Good for you and I hope plenty of others have the same attitude and are able to travel despite the amber and need to isolate.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
I agree, go if you can. A lot of people will be fully vaccinated and can isolate when they get home.

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 08:19:11 PM »
We're going in Sept amber or not (before someone jumps all over me we won't be going anywhere red)
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline Kirky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »
Oh well, that's us rescheduled from 2nd July to July 2022. And I believe we moved our dates just before TUI cancelled the flight anyway from Aberdeen. Hubby's just asked this morning if we should book to come over during the school holidays in October. We've never been to SS that late on in the year so wonder if it will be open for us tourists then, or will they have given up on the season by then and closed up?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 01:19:47 PM »
Oh dear, sorry to hear that Kirky..who knows what will happen in October, it's normally a lot quieter, but people may book later in the year, in the hope that things have settled down by then. I hope you get your holiday.

Offline Kirky

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:28 PM »
Thanks Karen. You're right, it's hard to know where we will be with all this in October. We thought we'd be good to go this July but it's so unpredictable. I just feel so sorry for our Greek friends who seem to be thinking this will be a worse year for them than last one was.

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 08:43:57 PM »
Oh well, that's us rescheduled from 2nd July to July 2022. And I believe we moved our dates just before TUI cancelled the flight anyway from Aberdeen. Hubby's just asked this morning if we should book to come over during the school holidays in October. We've never been to SS that late on in the year so wonder if it will be open for us tourists then, or will they have given up on the season by then and closed up?

We were cancelled from TUI for 2nd July from Edinburgh but our friends from East Midlands still going !!! So no flights from Scotland until 9th July ?? Not fair or what? Still will keep trying to get to SS no matter what.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 02:18:26 AM »
Ours would have been cancelled, TUI  isn't travelling from Stansted until the 5thJuly..

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni