Author Topic: Pool Music.  (Read 4129 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Pool Music.
« on: March 10, 2021, 10:44:43 AM »
Your thoughts folks, of music being played at your pool area, personally, I dislike it. We love just to lounge around the pool, reading, or listening to our own music through ear pods or phones. Worst place for us is the Little Prince pool area, a lovely pool, but ruined by the radio playing behind the bar loudly most days. Our favourite is Fedra, the ambience is perfect, a young couple, who had just arrived, came down to the pool, and set up their radio, before diving into the pool, Harri, the owner, headed straight over and asked them politely to turn it off, music to our ears LOL. Also noticed a few youngsters on the beach last visit, carrying one of those ghetto blaster things, and promptly disturbing all who were enjoying the peacefulness the beach brings. Me just being a grumpy oldie I guess, but sure ruins my day at the pool or sea.   

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Pool Music.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 11:10:40 AM »
I couldn’t agree more, it totally spoils the ambiance of a long sunny afternoon.Most devices now come with headphones so there’s no need to pollute our ears with their poor quality “music”.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 12:13:25 PM »
Totally agree. I dislike background music anywhere.

Offline John

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 01:16:33 PM »
Miserable lot!   I agree 100% with you.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »
Some years ago we were staying in Paralia Astros on the Peloponnese. Totally Greek place. Local tavernas packed at 1am. There was a lovely, very quiet beach bout 400 yards from our apartment, with a small cabin serving drinks and sandwiches. One day they strung big speakers in the trees, and started blasting out a playlist of (to me) aggressively obnoxious audio pollution at about 95 decibels.

Try explaining to somebody Greek that you don't actually want this on a beach!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 03:46:39 PM »
We don't stay round the pool, but no, I wouldn't like it :)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 05:18:34 PM »
Some years ago we were staying in Paralia Astros on the Peloponnese. Totally Greek place. Local tavernas packed at 1am. There was a lovely, very quiet beach bout 400 yards from our apartment, with a small cabin serving drinks and sandwiches. One day they strung big speakers in the trees, and started blasting out a playlist of (to me) aggressively obnoxious audio pollution at about 95 decibels.

Try explaining to somebody Greek that you don't actually want this on a beach!

We had a similar situation in Kos Jim. First went in late 90,s to Kardamena, beautiful quiet village with a magnificent beach, returned two years ago, oh dear Lord, wall to wall speakers the size of your front door, it was horrendous, never ever go back there again.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 06:04:20 PM »
Not just pools, Karen. Beaches can suffer as well. Mind you, half a dozen Italians can drown out the loudest PA system!

Offline Drewsy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 09:51:22 PM »
Hi all can't agree more both the pool and beach are for quiet relaxation, if anyone requires music earphones are widely available 😴

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 01:31:03 AM »
Not just pools, Karen. Beaches can suffer as well. Mind you, half a dozen Italians can drown out the loudest PA system!

Haha!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni