Author Topic: Latest Report  (Read 18538 times)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Report
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »
I’m sure you’re really glad to be back in the UK Rod. ??

It's blowing a hoolie here, even the cat won't go out!

Offline Jackson

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
We can confirm the Hideout bar mixes some of the best cocktails we have ever had. The long Island Ice Tea was only second to a beach bar in Thailand which needed a pint glass to contain it and Mrs J said the Maithai was the best bar none.
I can also confirm with Rod that we found Corfu Airport a breeze compared to previous years with more work ongoing. They seem to lump all the Brits in one section, gates 1-4.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2020, 02:02:01 AM »
Thanks Jackson :)

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »
I'm glad to hear airport getting abit easier, that was the one thing I hated after having a terrible experience there a few years again. I'm not a relaxed traveller.  Weather looks very windy there today like here.  I don't mind walking on the beach at San Stefanos in windy weather it's very refreshing.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
Yes, the weather keeps changing today, I bet it's warmer than here though!

Offline Jackson

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2020, 01:35:05 PM »
At least now you can drop your cases at check in without that stupid second queue for the cases. More security check areas and as I said a special area for Brits at gates 1-4 beyond passport control. It has a coffee and sandwich shop and bar with draft beer, although that was closed off, not sure if that was for covid or building reasons.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
The case drop off is good :)

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 01:53:09 PM »
Greetings from our balcony at the vicky. Another thunderstorm rumbling around but currently no rain or lightning. Like everyone else we feel safer here than at home and so glad we came. We've eaten at little prince and Olympia twice, barras, 2 stars and zorbas. I was disappointed with the latter as they didn't seem to be trying too hard. I had stamna and it was enormous lumps of chewy beef and underdone vegetables ! And I dislike the habit some restaurants have of bringing out their choice of dessert for you! Also a strange smell of corfiot bathroom at the entrance of zorbas🤢 . Lesley has looked after us all so well here even though there are only about half a dozen of us left.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
So pleased you're having a lovely time, Hobbes, thanks for your post. Looking at the web cam, the sea has been in a long way, I guess it's the storms.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2020, 08:10:17 PM »
Sorry to hear about your disappointing meal at Zorbas hobbes. Did you complain? I would have if it was that bad.  As for the dessert, many of the restaurants will serve a small portion of something sweet at the end of the meal, this is complimentary and not normally added to the bill. A nice touch I think..

Trevor

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »
I am surprised to hear that about Zorbos.
I have always found the food and atmosphere excellent, having said that I have not been this year.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »
Been viewing some pics this morning via social media. The village is all but closed, even Tasty Corner, which I thought was open all year round. Its a ghost town, there are folks still heading out this month, my word, it is going to be difficult finding somewhere to eat. I think the Barras and Teresas still open at the moment, but until when Im unsure. The beach is deserted, no beds or brollies, just looks completely different now, incredible how in a few days, the village changes into winter mode.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
I was thinking pretty much the same Winkie. I too wonder what is open there now for anyone going out...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »
Town Pizza is probably still open. Arillas will have plenty, because a lot of people live there, and also Sidari.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »
I see the goats are on Manthos ' car park helping keep the grass down.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni