Author Topic: Latest Report  (Read 18703 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Report
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 09:02:31 AM »
Sorry about the news Rod, do hope this does not impact you too much, but thought it best you knew. It does not seem (to me) too bad. Enjoy!
Cheers geordieborn.  What will be will be.  We still have another week so we are keeping the UK restrictions out of our minds for now. ::)

Offline Jackson

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »
The village is lovely, if it wasnt for the face masks worn by the staff and your brief need in the shops you wouldnt know Covid existed. Everyone is chiiled and enjoying the sun.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2020, 05:43:48 PM »
Well this is our last day in the beautiful resort of San Stefanos as my wife and I fly back to the (infected) UK tomorrow morning.   :D
First of all if you recall my original post I forgot to mention that Beer o' Clock is also closed.  However there is a new trendy cocktail bar opposite The Thomas Bay Hotel called Hideout that is very good.
We have dined at Gravia, Olympia, Fantasea, Yiannis Grill, Yiannis Gyros (opposite Silver Moon), Manthos, Mistral and Condor in the village.  We also visited Night Owl and Panorama up in Afionas.  I must give a special mention to Condor as it took me years to persuade my snobby wife to dine there.  It has amazing breakfasts (eggs benedict for wife) and the fajitas are the best that I have tasted anywhere.  It's still a bit not right eating your food when a mad DJ is shouting out quiz questions, but hey ho.
The locals are so grateful for the British holiday makers as they would probably have been struggling without us.
I am typing away and in the background an amazing thunderstorm is doing it's thing.  Thunder, lightning and rain but still very warm.  We have had a fantastic holiday and I can honestly say covid is being managed very well here and we have always felt safe.  We even did a day trip to Corfu Town where there were six of us on the mini bus with our masks on.  It was no big deal and we spent a lovely afternoon and a fantastic lunch in Belissimo (look it up).
All in all we are so pleased that we came and have already booked for next year.  Take care everyone.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 05:48:34 PM »
Cheers, Rod! Nice to have some pleasant news.

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 06:02:37 PM »
Crikey Rod, did you weigh yourself when you left home.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
Great review Rod, really appreciate it. Sounds like you've had a fabulous time and visited lots of bars and restaurants, that's good! So , rainy here in the South East...have a safe and comfortable journey home :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 06:41:15 PM »
Crikey Rod, did you weigh yourself when you left home.
I think I may have lost weight actually Charlie.  What with all our early morning treks and eating probably more healthy food than back home.  I haven't had any junk such as pizza/kebab and most of my meals I ask for rice or boiled potatoes as an accompaniment.  The hot weather has also dampened our appetites.  We have made up for it mind you with the cheap wine (hic).

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
Great review Rod, really appreciate it. Sounds like you've had a fabulous time and visited lots of bars and restaurants, that's good! So , rainy here in the South East...have a safe and comfortable journey home :)
Thanks Karen.  Next year eh?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 06:42:52 PM »
Haha!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 06:44:04 PM »
Thanks Karen.  Next year eh?

Yes already booked for July Rod ;)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
Super post Rod, wish you safe travels home sir. Thank you for the updates too, so missed being there this year, it is a wonderful place to visit, so friendly and so many different places to eat for such a small village. Maybe catch up with you next year, fingers crossed  8).
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline valfarrell

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2020, 12:23:06 PM »
Great report yesterday Rod really enjoyed it. When you are home can you report on Corfu airport, changes etc and if things are better now the upgrades are well on the way of  being finished..

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »
Great report yesterday Rod really enjoyed it. When you are home can you report on Corfu airport, changes etc and if things are better now the upgrades are well on the way of  being finished..
The Corfu airport experience was surprisingly very good.  I say surprisingly because we had mixed reports from previous holiday makers.  A small few reported queuing for an hour and twenty minutes to get through passport control.  However we absolutely sailed through and there were more than enough seats as it is a little bigger now.  I do think though it would still be a crush during peak times.  The airport is very modern now and very clean and tidy.

Offline Charlie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »
I’m sure you’re really glad to be back in the UK Rod. ??

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 04:41:42 PM »
That's great to hear Rod. We found even last year it was improved  and we've always found them very efficient.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni