Author Topic: Guests  (Read 24898 times)

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Guests
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 07:51:05 PM »
I go on 22nd August for a week, should have been tomoro for 2 weeks but TUI cancelled flights etc.
So I will post updates too  >:(

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 08:14:04 PM »
I go on 22nd August for a week, should have been tomoro for 2 weeks but TUI cancelled flights etc.
So I will post updates too  >:(

Oh sorry that happened. Yes please update us, I love reading about what's happening there. :)

geordieborn

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »
Hello Guests!  I notice there are over 70 Guests online.  Please please register and join in the forums.  It can be lots of fun and your input would be greatly appreciated.  It also gives access to the Yammas forum, which is for members only and has some interesting content also.  Come on by...give us try...! :)

This has always been a very contentious issue on forums and one well worth a mention. I’m not too sure if with this common mode of forum (SMF, which is common) it is just a case they are registered users simply ticking the box in their profile to say they do not want to be seen (named) as on-line and they show up as “guests”?
But getting back to the post, unfortunately I’m not too sure if the likes of myself are not to blame for the lack of participation to some extent. It’s the old adage of “once behind that keyboard”, along of course with a few bevvies and the often late hour :-[ . But I also think a lot just can’t be bothered to join in and just want to know what’s going on – they are still supporting it by using it, even if it would be better to have an upfront and seen to be active forum. Hopefully those running the forum see it as being used as I’m sure everyone on here gets something out of it and would not like to lose it?

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »
This has always been a very contentious issue on forums and one well worth a mention. I’m not too sure if with this common mode of forum (SMF, which is common) it is just a case they are registered users simply ticking the box in their profile to say they do not want to be seen (named) as on-line and they show up as “guests”?
But getting back to the post, unfortunately I’m not too sure if the likes of myself are not to blame for the lack of participation to some extent. It’s the old adage of “once behind that keyboard”, along of course with a few bevvies and the often late hour :-[ . But I also think a lot just can’t be bothered to join in and just want to know what’s going on – they are still supporting it by using it, even if it would be better to have an upfront and seen to be active forum. Hopefully those running the forum see it as being used as I’m sure everyone on here gets something out of it and would not like to lose it?
All we need is damn good argument!  Someone just needs to post a contentious subject and everyone will be flying in.  The more obtrusive the better.  It's great.  Hi Jimbo!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2020, 09:00:53 PM »
You could be right. It's the same few of us who post. I find it's a very useful forum, especially for newcomers to San Stef. I like to do little updates when I'm out there and have had pm's to thank me, so it's worth it. I have been approached by people out there, who have recognised me. I remember seeing Jimbo at Nafsika pool a few years ago and recognised him from a couple of San Stef videos, so I just asked if it was him, it's great to meet people you have chatted to on here :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »
Haha! No we do don't want arguments on here. Jimbo is very sweet and interesting in real life, as is the lovely Gillie :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2020, 09:07:22 PM »
You could be right. It's the same few of us who post. I find it's a very useful forum, especially for newcomers to San Stef. I like to do little updates when I'm out there and have had pm's to thank me, so it's worth it. I have been approached by people out there, who have recognised me. I remember seeing Jimbo at Nafsika pool a few years ago and recognised him from a couple of San Stef videos, so I just asked if it was him, it's great to meet people you have chatted to on here :)
Yes I have also spent an hour with Jimbo and his lovely wife in The Aquarius Bar I think.  Great banter but I could hardly see for the smoke.   ;)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2020, 09:18:26 PM »
Emerging from the smoke... it used to be the case that property or taverna owners were not allowed to join, to avoid self-promotion. I don't know if that's still true.

Dear Karen - thank you for saying that I'm sweet! I'm sure that Gillie will be along to confirm that soon. When I tell you that if she doesn't I may not buy any more chocolate digestives you will realise what a complete bastard I am.  :-X

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2020, 09:26:29 PM »
Emerging from the smoke... it used to be the case that property or taverna owners were not allowed to join, to avoid self-promotion. I don't know if that's still true.

Dear Karen - thank you for saying that I'm sweet! I'm sure that Gillie will be along to confirm that soon. When I tell you that if she doesn't I may not buy any more chocolate digestives you will realise what a complete bastard I am.  :-X

Haha! John and I always look forward to seeing you both each year and sad that we won't see you this year. :(

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »
Never met the Jimbo, hopefully some day our paths will cross in the village. We could discuss the smoking ban in restaurants and bars, that subject on here, went on for miles lol.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2020, 10:28:50 PM »
Never met the Jimbo, hopefully some day our paths will cross in the village. We could discuss the smoking ban in restaurants and bars, that subject on here, went on for miles lol.

But a great discussion :)

geordieborn

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2020, 11:19:39 PM »
All we need is damn good argument!  Someone just needs to post a contentious subject and everyone will be flying in.  The more obtrusive the better.  It's great.  Hi Jimbo!

Jimbo does not have it in him these days, he's a jaded bottomless pit (A/H) ... Okay, ok I hit the glass a while back, and really I  love (read tolerate) him really.... But I do miss the Tory Maggie and her mundane repost ... and Charlie/Trevour ! 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2020, 12:38:32 AM »
I am not a bottomless pit, I'll have you know. I've been told I have a nice bottom. So there!

geordieborn

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2020, 12:43:40 AM »
I am not a bottomless pit, I'll have you know. I've been told I have a nice bottom. So there!

ooo you are so nice! And of course "in the best possible taste"!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 01:02:28 AM by geordieborn »

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2020, 12:45:59 PM »
Isn't all this way off topic??
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni