Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180428 times)

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #585 on: August 22, 2021, 10:32:39 AM »
Thank you for your lovely review .   We are so looking forward to staying this side of the village,  just one more enquiry do they have hairdryers in the apartments?

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 22, 2021, 12:20:44 PM »
Thank you for your lovely review .   We are so looking forward to staying this side of the village,  just one more enquiry do they have hairdryers in the apartments?

Afraid just the warm breeze... No dryers.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 22, 2021, 12:40:43 PM »
Anatoli is lovely. As GB2 says, very friendly. My only criticism would be that the rooms are quite small - but with lovely views down to the sea.

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 22, 2021, 09:38:51 PM »
Thanks for all the information after being cancelled twice  for the last 2 May holidays t nafsika  staying  this side is a first for us 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 23, 2021, 12:03:23 AM »
It's lovely in the old village. Quiet - great places to eat - and the beach just a few yards away. :-)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 23, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »
Not stayed at Anatoli…….yet. Had to cancel two bookings there owing to flight situation at the time, last July and this May. Have now booked for next May, Whit week, will tell the better half to pack her travel dryer. As others have said Kamini bar great for pre or post dinner drinks, we called in several times this year having gone in to introduce ourselves to Peter and confirm our deposit move to next May.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 23, 2021, 11:56:39 AM »
Kamini has lots of regulars - many of them locals or people who've been going there for donkey's years. And just a few steps away are: Nafsika, Mistral, Beachcomber and Fantasia.

We stayed at Nafsika for a month once and probably only went into the main village three or four times! It's more like Greece used to be in the old village - not crowded, sociable and very relaxing.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 23, 2021, 12:50:00 PM »
Kamini has lots of regulars - many of them locals or people who've been going there for donkey's years. And just a few steps away are: Nafsika, Mistral, Beachcomber and Fantasia.

We stayed at Nafsika for a month once and probably only went into the main village three or four times! It's more like Greece used to be in the old village - not crowded, sociable and very relaxing.

An interesting one as I can now see the other side of this coin. I’m sure there will be many who prefer the hustle and bustle of the “other end”. That being the case and if the OP is one of them and  wants to stroll down the “other end” every night, then they could find it a bit of a chore. In the very old days we used Helana’s as our supermarket and took it quite badly when it closed that we had to walk “all” the way to the corner…. Last time we were there (2019 seems an age) I think we went down to road to the other end once. We did actually go to the bakery a few times more, but went via the beach. A lot depends on what you are looking for from your stay. Add to Jimbo’s list Manthos and the Waves, and of course if you walk up the steep hill next to Anatoli you can visit Akrotiri (we did it a couple of times for breakfast!), it's enough for us two oldies.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 23, 2021, 01:01:14 PM »
Add to Jimbo’s list Manthos and the Waves

Whoops - that's what comes of typing too fast and not engaging the brain! (What's left of it). Unless you're staying at Nafsika, where breakfast is included, one thing I do like is walking in the early morning to the bakery to get some apple pie, or bread, or whatever. The smell of fresh bread is wonderful. I've even done that from Tsaros, which is fine going down but a calf-busting climb going back. The morning light and peace is one of the things I love about Greece, and it's nice to catch the village coming to life, with sweeping and washing - and the baker's van loading up bread for all the tavernas.

Offline Natman+Sparksdad

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2021, 12:37:46 AM »

We've had a lot of good meals this holiday from all over - not going to reopen that debate - but I have to say that the meal tonight at Fantasea was incredible. Worth the extra few metres to walk.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2021, 08:29:16 PM »
Hiya Pat and Pete!!
We were only wondering if you would be there when we are.
Be good to see you after another iffy year of ups and downs.Keep that bar stocked Mike and George!!xx

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 24, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »
Hello Maggie and Andy nice to hear from you it's Pat nPete Little Prince with the Yorkshire flags hope to see you in September fingers crossed 🍷🍷XX

Cases are down now,taxis booked here and there,room sorted with the boys so all systems go.Yammas.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 25, 2021, 01:05:36 AM »
I'm not quite quite sure where cases are down! But have a great time...

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 25, 2021, 01:27:47 AM »
I'm not quite quite sure where cases are down! But have a great time...

From the loft?  ;D

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 03, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »
Could anybody tell me if the laundrette is open this year

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni