Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180521 times)

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #570 on: August 10, 2021, 12:56:02 AM »
BAJ can you tell us all about the PCR test? i.e Where did you have it, how much did it cost , how do you get your results? And most importantly , are they gentle shoving the lolly stick down your gullet?  ;D When Steve had Covid I did the test on him and nearly choked him to death!!
Hobbes, do you mean the pre flight test in resort which is lateral flow or the day 2 PCR test after return?

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »
Both-however I can see your comments about them on other threads! The day 2 test-do we have to self isolate until we have the result? Only Steve is supposed to be going on my nephew's stag do the day after we get home!!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2021, 12:04:31 PM »
Both-however I can see your comments about them on other threads! The day 2 test-do we have to self isolate until we have the result? Only Steve is supposed to be going on my nephew's stag do the day after we get home!!

No you don’t need to isolate. Just take the test and send off. No need to worry about if or when you get the results.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2021, 02:39:48 PM »
The test we had done in the village clinic to fly back was a gentle nose swab, as was the random test I had at Corfu airport on arrival. The PCR test at East Mids airport was a much more thorough delve about in throat and nostrils!

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2021, 06:05:38 PM »
Hello everyone just had an email from tui to say my holiday is cancelled flying out of East Midlands 24th of September getting a refund as this is the second time of it being cancelled  just booked flights with jet2 now got to find accommodation we were staying at Tereza

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 13, 2021, 07:23:21 PM »
Sorry to hear that...I think more people will be going independent. TUI have certainly let many people down..

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 13, 2021, 07:25:11 PM »
Today 73 new cases in Corfu..575 cases so far this month ...

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2021, 09:09:31 PM »
I wish we could get a breakdown of where the infections are.

Greek national level is 208.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2021, 01:37:20 AM »
Hello everyone just had an email from tui to say my holiday is cancelled flying out of East Midlands 24th of September getting a refund as this is the second time of it being cancelled  just booked flights with jet2 now got to find accommodation we were staying at Tereza
You will probably be able to book directly with Tereza if you still want to go there.

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 15, 2021, 12:08:01 PM »
We have booked flights only with jet2 now we will have to get intouch with tereza not sure if i have the correct email address

Offline StevenM

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 19, 2021, 04:02:41 PM »
So it looks like the 1st Jet2 flight out of Edinburgh took off early this morning, although it may have stopped off at Newcastle to pick up further passengers.

With that good news along with my Vaccination certificate arriving yesterday, it looks like we will be on our way from the 2nd September at the 4th time of trying

Here's hoping there will be no further setbacks between now and then!

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 19, 2021, 06:19:48 PM »
So it looks like the 1st Jet2 flight out of Edinburgh took off early this morning, although it may have stopped off at Newcastle to pick up further passengers.

With that good news along with my Vaccination certificate arriving yesterday, it looks like we will be on our way from the 2nd September at the 4th time of trying

Here's hoping there will be no further setbacks between now and then!

Well that’s good news they are flying from Edinburgh again as we ended up going with Ryanair from Edinburgh as both Jet2 and TUI cancelled us from Edinburgh in august. Was worth it though we had a great time as usual, only just back.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 19, 2021, 07:48:45 PM »
Best of luck Steven! 8)

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 21, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
Having had our holiday cancelled by tui we have now booked independently for the first time booking our own flights and apartment we are staying at the anatolia has anyone stayed there before and how was there stay and the apartments

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 21, 2021, 09:49:50 PM »
Having had our holiday cancelled by tui we have now booked independently for the first time booking our own flights and apartment we are staying at the anatolia has anyone stayed there before and how was there stay and the apartments

We must have stayed there 20 or more times over the years, so I guess that says something. However we have only ever stayed in the upstairs accommodation as the views were so superb. Very handy for their Kamini bar, Nafsica food and pool, and of course a number of other restaurants nearby (Manthos of late being one of our favourites). A lovely family run place who are such nice, friendly and helpful people. We’ve always asked them to organise travel from and back to the airport.
However the apartments are your basic typical Greek apartments and may not suit everyone. Then again they are also great value for money!
The public gets what the public wants...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni