Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180550 times)

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #540 on: July 08, 2021, 11:50:54 PM »
All great news for anyone wanting to travel. But just remember this is all one way i.e. England can do what they like, but if the in-bound country says "no" you are stuffed! Yes, I know not positive, but would you really want to make decisions without all the "pros and cons". Some here seem to think things only matter if they agree with their views ....
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 09, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
and good news for the likes of people similar to myself who want & need to work.  OK I will need to wear a mask behind my little reception area but I can suffer that.  Hope to see many visitors soon.....enjoy your weekend.......

Offline hobbes

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2021, 12:40:01 PM »
Lesley, bad news and good news-Steve and I have cancelled our holiday in September in the old block...cos there was 1 room available in the new block so they easiest thing to do was cancel and rebook -we will be in the new block after all  ;D We have just paid so see you in September (and if we can have the end room again that will be the cherry on the icing on the baklava! )

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 09, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »
and good news for the likes of people similar to myself who want & need to work.  OK I will need to wear a mask behind my little reception area but I can suffer that.  Hope to see many visitors soon.....enjoy your weekend.......
Yes excellent news Lesley, it must be a huge relief to so many of you. I was reading on another group how Ag George and Arillas were comparatively busy this week to ag Stef as the former had German and other European tourists. Hopefully AS will catch up soon. Do you know when the first Jet2 guests arrive at Vickys yet?

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 09, 2021, 05:06:56 PM »
Hopefully the lifting of travel restrictions is good news indeed for you and the lovely people there Lesley. But no matter what is said here on the forum it will make little difference. It's the media here (or lack of it) that really matters and personally I think things are finely balanced. With luck these recent events are early enough and the numbers big enough for you all there to have some kind of season, albeit very little in the scheme of things with it being so late. I wish you all well and hope things turn out okay.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 15, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »
Well Jet2 say our flight is going a week on Monday and check in is open. So it’s time to get the cases out of the loft and order some Euros. 😁

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 16, 2021, 02:46:13 AM »
Well Jet2 say our flight is going a week on Monday and check in is open. So it’s time to get the cases out of the loft and order some Euros. 😁

Aaw..great news!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 16, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
Yes we have Jet2H arrivals from Monday 19th onwards.......

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 17, 2021, 12:13:21 AM »
Fantastic

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2021, 11:19:16 PM »
Greek PLF landed in my emails today for Monday flight, Facebook group reporting it comes back immediately now so no more anxious waiting for 10pm the night before!

Offline Scottygirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2021, 02:32:01 PM »
Greek PLF landed in my emails today for Monday flight, Facebook group reporting it comes back immediately now so no more anxious waiting for 10pm the night before!

Oh that’s good news as was always a worry.

Offline David A

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2021, 03:59:51 PM »
I'm still considering a week in the village mid-September. I'm double-vaccinated, but unsure what tests etc (and costs) are required at the moment to allow me into Corfu and home to Scotland? Obviously things can (and will) change before then, but I'm just trying to work out if a week is cost effective.

Offline maggiesaes

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 31, 2021, 08:27:11 PM »
We are still hoping our 4 weeks in September is on.
We have booked 4 weeks next May/June too.

Offline Pat g

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 31, 2021, 11:15:51 PM »
Hello Maggie and Andy nice to hear from you it's Pat nPete Little Prince with the Yorkshire flags hope to see you in September fingers crossed 🍷🍷XX

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 05, 2021, 02:02:58 AM »
So now we know that Greece and Spain stay on the Amber list. Whether there's any logic in the decisions, who knows? The UK levels are currently officially 260:100K and Greece 176.

We're in the odd position that there are strictures, including PCR testing, on returning from a country with lower levels than the UK. Where we live, in Hull, we have the third highest level in England at 525:100K. Corfu has had elevated levels over the last few days, but the highest is less than 10% that outside my door!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni