Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180556 times)

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #525 on: July 07, 2021, 05:13:48 PM »
Right, hoping it will be 3rd time lucky for us.

We initially had Ryanair flights booked for 2 weeks in June (my Birthday) that we moved due to Amber restrictions; rebooked for 2 weeks in July (our 25th Anniversary - our first visit to San Stef was to celebrate our 10th anniversary) moved again due to the same reasons. We're bringing friends with us this time and one is still working and not able to quarantine on return. So, based on the latest update on easing restrictions and the assumption (I appreciate its a gamble) that either quarantine will be eased or fingers crossed Corfu might be moved to Green status, we've changed our flights again (last chance before charges will apply) and hopefully having a week in August.

If things don't dramatically change again by the end of August, who knows we might even squeeze in a cheeky return towards the end of the season. So, keeping fingers firmly crossed and hoping as many people can make it during the next few weeks 😎
The news today seems to be hinting that the quarantining for the double jabbed will cease as of 19th July, I think it is to be confirmed tomorrow ?

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 07, 2021, 05:17:28 PM »
I haven't seen where the singing and dancing ban has been lifted yet.. :)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 07, 2021, 05:35:38 PM »
There is a site called realgreekexperiences.com ,can't copy the link, where there is a section about new rules for dining, nightclubs and entertainment in Greece..it's not clear to me if this includes the islands..

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 08, 2021, 09:59:58 AM »
So it looks like today is the day. Grant Schapps to make a statement on travel at 11:30 today.

All the papers reporting that it will be no quarantine for those double jabbed when returning from amber countries. A PCR will still be required on day 2 of returning home. Children of those double jabbed will still need a PCR but again no quarantine. Full details at 11:30.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »
Thank you for update 11.30 UK time so 13.30 hrs here must keep my laptop on UK TV today....... all crossed for you all and us too over here x

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 08, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
So it looks like today is the day. Grant Schapps to make a statement on travel at 11:30 today.

All the papers reporting that it will be no quarantine for those double jabbed when returning from amber countries. A PCR will still be required on day 2 of returning home. Children of those double jabbed will still need a PCR but again no quarantine. Full details at 11:30.
Fingers crossed, we will be going in any case at end of July for 2 weeks so hopefully won’t have to quarantine on return

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 08, 2021, 02:48:28 PM »
Schapps has spoken. Quarantine free travel for children and the double jabbed can commence from 16th July. Get booking those flights  ;D

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 08, 2021, 02:56:01 PM »
Good news, typo D@G its 19th July. Plus only a day 2 test

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 08, 2021, 03:02:53 PM »
Good news, typo D@G its 19th July. Plus only a day 2 test

Correct, typo.

I think a pre departure test is still required in Corfu along with the day 2 test on return.Not ideal and personally think it should be lateral flow test only, but it’s progress atleast.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 08, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »
Yes, pre-departure test still required, but they can be done at the village clinic. 30€ I think I read somewhere.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 08, 2021, 03:58:55 PM »
The advice against travelling to Amber countries will no longer be "essential only." So there will be no difference between Green and Amber apart, from their colour, obviously.

Excellent news for Corfu!

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 08, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »
The advice against travelling to Amber countries will no longer be "essential only." So there will be no difference between Green and Amber apart, from their colour, obviously.

Excellent news for Corfu!
Indeed it is Jim. I suppose the amber or green status is a consideration for anyone booking a holiday now who isn’t too fussed where they go, as the danger is a move to red whilst away.
Let’s hope it is sustainable over the summer and autumn.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 08, 2021, 06:16:35 PM »
Also adults who are not fully jabbed don’t need to self isolate on return from green but will have to from amber. So the younger adults who have only had one jab will more likely be heading to green destinations I expect.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 08, 2021, 06:25:03 PM »
Great news!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 08, 2021, 07:11:33 PM »
For anyone travelling with kids, here’s the guidance for them:-

Children under the age of 18 will not have to isolate when returning to England. While the recommendation that people should not travel to amber countries is being removed, children aged 4 and under will continue to be exempt from any travel testing. Children aged 5 to 10 will only need to do a day 2 PCR and 11 to 18 year olds will need to take both a pre-departure test and a day 2 PCR – as is the case for arrivals from green list countries.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni