Author Topic: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)  (Read 180559 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: So how many of us are actually going (hopefully)
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2021, 05:02:39 PM »
Also not updated on travel.gov.gr...
Thanks Karen.  Yes I have also checked the website.  I popped into our local Tui office and they also said no test required to Corfu if you are fully vaccinated.  This email is totally confusing the whole thing.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2021, 05:14:30 PM »
Crazy isn't it..the entry requirements on the TUI site as of 4th june, says you don't need one..

Offline Evertonendo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2021, 01:25:20 PM »
Have the murmours of not having to isolate on return to the UK if you’ve had both jabs given a bit of hope ???

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2021, 01:29:35 PM »
Have the murmours of not having to isolate on return to the UK if you’ve had both jabs given a bit of hope ???

I think it’s only a matter of time, surely. Hopefully sooner (ie now) rather than later.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2021, 01:00:01 PM »
The sky is busier this morning, as it's a clear blue sky we can hear the flights arriving and departing and I enjoy waching the live airport webcam.  Just watched the BA from LHR arrive, following shortly will be Easyjet from LGW and then 2 Ryan flights 1 from EDI and the other from BHX.  Along with quite a few European arrivals this morning.  Looking at the flight board looks to be a busier day at the airport today, Saturday.........

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 19, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »
I saw an Air Baltic A220 arrive this morning. Wonderful plane. It's actually the Canadian Bombardier C3 manufactured and branded by Airbus. All composite design, very fuel-efficient. Three seats one side and two on the other. Perfect.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 19, 2021, 06:45:46 PM »
Enimorosi reports around 50 flights due throughout today into CFU.  Lets hope some of these passengers then head this way........

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2021, 05:17:35 PM »
We should be arriving on Mon 26th July with Jet2 flights from East Mids that I booked last year. They are currently scheduled to restart flights on 15th July, but it’s any ones guess whether they will or not. So as a back up plan I have just booked outbound flights the day before from East Mids with Ryan Air (went with the Sunday flights as they are flying that day at present). I figured it was worth the gamble as the flights cost £5 each today! If Jet2 don’t cancel I’ve lost a tenner, if Jet2 do cancel then I will book a return flight with Ryan air and add cases post booking. I will still save hundreds of pounds. Determined to get there if at all possible. If you can get out and back in July there are lots of £5 flights to Corfu available, then add cost of cases in the plus package (£50), so £110 return with a 20kg case and prebooked seat.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2021, 06:31:09 PM »
and lots of accommodations are open as direct bookings have been able to enjoy holidays since 15/05 when Greece opened for all..... 

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »
and lots of accommodations are open as direct bookings have been able to enjoy holidays since 15/05 when Greece opened for all.....
Yep, we are booked in at Fedra Mare (since last June I think)

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
Sounds like the perfect plan, BAJ!

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2021, 08:02:05 PM »
TUI are now showing holidays, mainly from Manchester and Newcastle, with an odd Gatwick one. The first Stansted one is August 30th...We like the security of a package holiday, but it seems we may have to start looking at independent travel.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »
I’d definitely be looking to book independent this year, some great flight prices about with the budget airlines. Also lots of availability for accommodation at the same great value as always. 

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2021, 08:38:30 PM »
I’d definitely be looking to book independent this year, some great flight prices about with the budget airlines. Also lots of availability for accommodation at the same great value as always.

Thank you. :)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 01, 2021, 10:59:51 AM »
The Times are reporting this morning that quarantine free travel for the double jabbed will start on 26th July for UK citizens. This would be fantastic news and long overdue.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni